Quote:

I also have heard good things about the mopar purple 509 cam

That cam might leave you a little low on vacuum if you run power brakes...and would be happiest with higher gears.

The 484 cam would be a good street cruiser for your set-up.

--As far as the cam noise, I've never run into a problem w/ lifter noise with such cams. I did use custom length pushrods to ensure proper pre-load.

My favorite cam I've used have been sourced from hughes. Racer brown and other mopar specific cams are likely just as good, though I've yet to try them. But Dave from Hughes has always been very helpful everytime I've called; And when comparing cam of similar size to his cams, I'm a believer. I used a similar grind cam from him compared to a MP cam I had and the power difference was more than just seat-of-the-pants difference.

If you were to check out his stuff, his HEH3237 would be a good cam for such a car (232/237 @ .050, .540/.548 lift, 110 LSA). Healthy idle to sound good at the cruise in, enough vacuum for a street car, enough power all around to satisfy.

But the reality is given your goals, there are a number of cams in the range you're looking at that would work fine. Heck, since racing is specifically NOT a goal, perhaps just going with the "big" summit cam would suit you since it's an easy cam to live with, nothing about it will stress the valvetrain or lead to undue noise, will produce enough vacuum, etc, etc, and of course, it's cheap!

And if you do want to go quick, that's just what 440's with good heads do, regardless of cam selected.

1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express - 360 rwhp, 13.2 @ 103mph
1968 Coronet: 318, 2.76, 15.2 @ 92mph! (SOLD)
1976 Valiant: 360, 3.90, 12.90 @ 106 (SOLD)
1989 Shelby CSX #500/500