OK, figuring out my carb problems has led me to another problem. When I go out for a test to see if carb is better, I accelerate ok, but upon letting off the gas at around 80km the car shakes violently. I am used to it, been like that for years, but I always dragged the car, it never mattered. Now that it is a street cruiser, it DOES.

Even at cruising about 100km, it SHAKES. It is difficult at this RPM, because with a short tire and 3.91' 3000 is my crusing speed, so cream turns into butter after a short drive.

The car is a 73 Dart Sport. 440

The steering wheel has ALOT of play in it. I can pull back on the steering column at least an inch before it stops. Real loose in the rag gear.

The steering also will turn quite a bit before the wheels do in park, get in turn the wheel and it will not move the tires.

I have a manual steering box with the rag gear, but I cannot tell you if it is a manual or power steering column, I do not remember now.

I do how ever know that years ago i put a 400 in it with hp manifolds and to make this fit, I cut out, or removed a white piece of plastic that was close to the fire wall, some sleeve of sorts. I saw a new one on the Mancini site, so if need be, I can get a new one.

We re-balanced the front tires as they were out 2.50 oz each side, made no difference.

We had a look at the suspension, and looks like I could use a tie rod or two, but we did notice alot of flex in the steering box.

The bolts for the box are tight.

Now, it is an abody that has the 440 in it. The swap was done by us back in 95, way before shumacher came into the picture. The motor has a motor plate, so it it a solid mount, with a poly bushing for the trans mount.

The trans mount bushing has to be at least 15 years old.

I would like to eliminate the vibration in the steering wheel, make the steering less loose feeling, and for sure get rid of the vibration while deaccelarate and cruise.

I am really liking the flaming river pieces that replace the rag joint, only because I do not know if my column is manual or PS to begin with, which do I choose? Would this help me?

Bryan