Quote:

Thanks for the link,

I have done a search, and gone through 40 pages or so, back to 2002. Still no answer.

I did find the one about the soldering that you mentioned. I can't see any wiring issue yet.

I tried to read ATC codes, won't work for me.

It's not a woring issue, it's an internal head unit problem. There used to be someone on eBay who repaired them for $100, but that was a few years ago.

I tried the ATC codes and go nowhere, so I ended up manually moving the HVAC diverter doors and heat valve/door each season. Trust me, unless you have the hands of a three year old, it's not worth trying.

I even considered swapping over to the rotary dial non-ATC HVAC control, but that requires a different HVAC system and setup, so it wasn't worth it to me.

I ended up putting a wood wdges bewtween the plug and back of the head unit, so that it didn't trip into default mode, and that worked fairly well, but all you could control at that point was the fan speed.

As mentioned, the engine cradle bushings are also a known problem on some of the LH cars, but my '94s were in great shape, so I guess I was lucky. Be sure to check yours.