I shared this story with Daniel. I thought others might get a kick out of it.

Daniel, A funny story around these trim rings. I can remember going into the Dodge dealership around 1980 and ordering these trim rings. The funny thing was it was a "crap shoot" as to whether you got the right ring. I can remember the correct ones would come in the white/blue sticker Chrysler" boxes where the incorrect ones would come with the red/white/blue Mopar boxes. After I got my first "incorrect" 15x6.5 ring I brought it to the parts manager. He would order another one and after a few trys, I would get a good one. Finally, I needed another full set. A new order generated 1 correct trim ring and 3 wrong ones. He already knew the story and I just happened to be at the dealer when the zone rep was visiting. I explained the story to him and showed him the two rings, with the same part number, that were obviously different. He appologized for the problems and invited me to visit the parts distribution center in Tappan New York. A buddy and I made the trip. It was very cool. A warehouse filled with tons and tons of parts. He walked us to the bin which had the trim rings and we personnaly picked out that last eight old style boxes containing 15x7 trim rings from the bin. That was around 1981 so there has been nothing but 15x6.5s since then.

Count me in for a set of brushed!

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A