Robert/Supercuda - thank you for hanging in there with me. After 20 years of driving old mopars, i always figure "won't happen to me"
I believe my main problem was a firewall connection. When i rewired, i traced back to find that i had created a connection for the ignition feed before it entered the cab. That short portion of the engine harness wire was brittle.
I drilled that wire out of the plug as well as the amp heavy wire and made a tight bullet connection wire to wire after pulling through firewall. I still want to be able to pull everything apart if need be.
In addition, i cleaned my fuse block connections again.
Those fixes now give me 14.7 idle up to 14.5 on the alt stud and a steady 12 on the volt gauge with no fluctuation.
I think i've been overcharging for a couple years without realizing until i killed the last battery.
I am over the moon!!