05/23/11 03:58 PM
05/23/11 03:58 PM
United States
T
tee-john Offline OP
tee-john  Offline OP
T

United States
Can anyone tell me how to adjust this throttle valve correctly?? The guy that built my transmission told me to install the tranny and go test drive it and according to my shift points (speed at normal acceleration) he could guide me through it. Well it shifted where it should have so no further adjustment was needed.
Last week I decided to hammer down and smoke some tires, first gear was sweet, but when second gear came around there was nothing but rev limiter coming into play, nothing as long as I was giving any amount of throttle. I pulled over to the side of the road and took off again not to hard, and when it was time for an upshift I let off the throttle for a second and back on it, it then shifted to third. While driving in third if I drop it down to second, it just revs and I cant go back into third unless I stop and do it over again. Any advice please. By the way the fluid does smell a little cooked, not to
bad, but bad for a fresh build.

Re: 904 throttle valve adjustment [Re: tee-john] #998440
05/23/11 04:15 PM
05/23/11 04:15 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
I would get a large cooler on it ASAP (or a larger one than what you have). Might shorten the kickdown linkage some & what are the minimum throttle upshift shift points (giving it just enough gas to barely accellerate) & what governor is in it. How far forward is the horizontle tranny lever at idle and at WOT how far is the tranny lever from all the way back and do you have the little auxillary spring that keeps the linkage pulled forward on there

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: 904 throttle valve adjustment [Re: tee-john] #998441
05/23/11 04:34 PM
05/23/11 04:34 PM
Rio Linda, CA
John_Kunkel Offline
Too Many Posts
John_Kunkel  Offline
Too Many Posts

Rio Linda, CA
Quote:

While driving in third if I drop it down to second, it just revs

Sounds like something is awry with the kickdown band, either the band is misadjusted or there is a problem in the kickdown servo.

The INTERNET, the MISinformation superhighway