Anyone here perform the Power to manual steering conversion using Flaming Rivers 16:1 man box and universal style coupler shaft into a 71-72 B body- 2 door ?????
Part# FR1510M + 1540.

I pulled out the power gearbox and installed the FR manual box. Factory pitman arm bolted up fine to new gearbox + center link. Pulled the factory power steering steeing column in order to press out the pin that held in the factory coupler shoes, and removed factory coupler. Re-installed stock column. It looks like the factory column is going to have to be trimmed, due to the length of the new universal joint + the depth of the "collar" on the 3/4" round to double D conversion shaft. Instructions tell you you'll need to trim their conversion shaft to length, but didn't mention needing to shorten the factory column.

There is some slight fore and aft adjustaility of the column into the interior, but with setting the underdash plastic insert {crash crumple} pieces back to their original position. I don't see how the conversion shaft fits without trimming both pieces. Just checking before i begin cutting. Thanks.