03/12/11 03:27 AM
BC, Canada
Black_Bee Offline OP
pro stock
Black_Bee  Offline OP
pro stock

BC, Canada
Hey Guys!

Im replacing the glass in my '69 Super Bee post coupe car, and I have the rear pop out window frame removed from the car. I have removed the rubber weather stripping from the frame, and Im left with just the glass stuck in the frame.

It looks to me like there are 2 rivets holding the glass in, but I wanted to ask here before removing them.

Attached is a pic of what Im talking about. It almost looks like those rivets are meant to be hinges or something.

Any advice on how to get the glass out would be great!

Thanks!
Paul

6525724-IMG_0151a.JPG (84 downloads)

Paul
'69 Super Bee 383 EFI Turbo
Re: How do I remove the rear pop-out window? [Re: Black_Bee] #949088
03/12/11 02:11 PM
03/12/11 02:11 PM
IL . usa
C
cjs69mope Offline
mopar
cjs69mope  Offline
mopar
C

IL . usa
Hi this is funny because i have been working on this same exact thing on my super bee .
I have been trying to get the same info on this too .
nobody seams to have much to say about this so i have had to figure it out myself .
Just take a small drill bit and drill out the crimped side of the rivets , and use a 1/8 bit , be care full only drill the crimp off and don't damage the stainless .
Then take a roll punch and knock out the rivet half way you will have to take a pair of side cutters and snip the end off the rivet to get it out the other side because it might be slightly puched up on the end and won't slide through the other side hole .
Then the glass will slide out of the channel like a front window on a vent channel.
The seal is the same as the vent channel slide and felt plastic thing.
To reassemble that is where you need to decide what your skill level is , because it will be hard to duplicate a tube rivet (and expensive to by the tools )to buck a new tube rivet .
so for me i am using small 1/8 aluminum pop rivets 4 of them to re secure the channel to the frame .
because the original is hard to find and expensive .
Good luck . Cj
pm me if you have any other questions , most people seem to think that this is some secret or sommthing .

1969 Dodge Charger 1969 Dodge Superbee
Re: How do I remove the rear pop-out window? [Re: Black_Bee] #949089
03/12/11 08:32 PM
03/12/11 08:32 PM
Chicago Burbs
sthemi Offline
master
sthemi  Offline
master

Chicago Burbs
Thanks for posting the question and photo, I am going to start on my Roadrunner pop out windows in a few days..

I got a new gasket and thin weather stripping from Randy at Dixie Restorations..He said he had new front weatherstip as well.

Re: How do I remove the rear pop-out window? [Re: cjs69mope] #949090
03/13/11 02:38 AM
03/13/11 02:38 AM
BC, Canada
Black_Bee Offline OP
pro stock
Black_Bee  Offline OP
pro stock

BC, Canada
Quote:

Hi this is funny because i have been working on this same exact thing on my super bee .
I have been trying to get the same info on this too .
nobody seams to have much to say about this so i have had to figure it out myself .
Just take a small drill bit and drill out the crimped side of the rivets , and use a 1/8 bit , be care full only drill the crimp off and don't damage the stainless .
Then take a roll punch and knock out the rivet half way you will have to take a pair of side cutters and snip the end off the rivet to get it out the other side because it might be slightly puched up on the end and won't slide through the other side hole .
Then the glass will slide out of the channel like a front window on a vent channel.
The seal is the same as the vent channel slide and felt plastic thing.
To reassemble that is where you need to decide what your skill level is , because it will be hard to duplicate a tube rivet (and expensive to by the tools )to buck a new tube rivet .
so for me i am using small 1/8 aluminum pop rivets 4 of them to re secure the channel to the frame .
because the original is hard to find and expensive .
Good luck . Cj
pm me if you have any other questions , most people seem to think that this is some secret or sommthing .

Thanks for the advice! I am hopefully going to tackle this tomorrow... I got my rivets ready!

Paul

Paul
Re: How do I remove the rear pop-out window? [Re: sthemi] #949091
03/13/11 02:51 AM
03/13/11 02:51 AM
BC, Canada
Black_Bee Offline OP
pro stock
Black_Bee  Offline OP
pro stock

BC, Canada
Quote:

Thanks for posting the question and photo, I am going to start on my Roadrunner pop out windows in a few days..

I got a new gasket and thin weather stripping from Randy at Dixie Restorations..He said he had new front weatherstip as well.

Hey!

I'm glad my post came at the right time for you... its always nice having a bit of info ahead of time.

Paul

Paul