03/06/11 03:09 PM
03/06/11 03:09 PM
N.E. Ohio
S
SuperD Offline OP
SuperD  Offline OP
S

N.E. Ohio
I have a 72 Duster that has some quarter and rocker work needing done. I have been using a "metal filler" not bondo, as I do not have the funds to replace panels. Its almost time to hit it with paint because I have a goal date to finish this. Im considering Sublime green, or plum crazy. But note I am an amatuer and the body work will have some flaws. What color would be best to hide any mistakes I have made? I have been told white, but thats not my ideal color for this.So does anyone know what the best color would be? Thanks guys

Re: 72 Duster paint [Re: SuperD] #944140
03/06/11 03:26 PM
03/06/11 03:26 PM
Albion NY
H
Haibach Boys Offline
Haibach Boys  Offline
H

Albion NY
the lighter the better, white is ideal, but being an ameratur (i know i cant spell) no metallics is better do to tiger striping, imo there is more room for error with a SOILD color, do you plan on base clear or single stage? if single stage DEFFINATLY a solid color.

ive been there with you on the filler question,depending on how bad it is, would be the best way to decide what to do, just Make sure there is a good moisture barrier behind it, thats key!

and if you know there will be flaws, advice, gett the car the way you like, the get a gallon of MAR HYDE 2k high build primer {like $75} (the thick yellow stuff) and be sure to reduce it like 10% (makes easier to sand) and over the hole car or just questionable areas do 2-3 nice wet coats, let dry and get a long hard block (dura blocks are very nice) and block the areas down by hand, in a criss cross action ///\\\, even cheap black spray paint as a guide coat, and it you do guide coat it just mist the paint over it.

hope this helps