10/28/04 10:50 AM
10/28/04 10:50 AM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
I just sent off a PM to John Pappas(Onebadsuperbird) of Five Star Productions. I explained what we have planned to date, and asked if he would do a "A12 Specific" DVD/Video. I'll chime in once I speak to John.

Also, I think it would be "Key" to secure a tent and a specific parking area. I will commit to A12 Club banners. It would be great to secure these to a tent with the "History" cars, and memorabilia items, etc. If a tent cannot be secured, then I will at least get those Green stakes to pound in the ground to tie the banners to at either end of the A12 line-up.

Lastly, I told Dave, I would contact the Magazine editors. I will back off that, as Lon is involved. I will be talking to Robert Wolf in the near future about another issue, so I will drop another hint(strongly drop) in regards to the Reunion coverage.

Fast

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9290
10/28/04 12:04 PM
10/28/04 12:04 PM
Wendy, I'm home.
dstryr Offline OP
master
dstryr  Offline OP
master

Wendy, I'm home.
Gary,

In talking with Lisa at Carlisle, we will be assured of having a tent and parking space. Lisa said they will put a special link on the sign-up page to register specifically with our group. That will also be how Carlisle knows how many A12s to plan for. I'll ask Lisa how we should have owners register if they are calling in or registering by mail. If the car/registration is not tagged as part of the Reunion, then there may not be enough space set aside to accommodate all the cars.

Right now the only other featured group they are planning for is the T/As and AARs. It didn't sound like there were any other 'main event' groups being planned, but its still early and I can't say that for certain.

Thanks also for working on the video/dvd part of this.

One concern that Terry and I had that we discussed yesterday was getting info out to owners who are not on-line. A write-up in each of the major magazines would be great and I hope that that can be accomplished.

I sent out e-mails to all the MOPAR clubs on a very long list I found on-line several months back. I told the club contact in my e-mail what we were planning and asked that they market the Reunion at their club meetings. I also gave the links to the Registry and the Forum. I did not get any responses so wonder what you guys think of printing the flyer and sending one by mail to each club? I could work on that and get my wife to donate some time writing addresses on the flyers . No envelopes, just tri-fold them, tape and stamp them.

I think the major hurdle now is to get hats and shirts made. I know nothing about that business, but maybe Carlisle has vendors who will take on the financial liability of owning the shirts so that we don't get stuck with a bunch of clothing that is not easily sold after the Reunion is over.

All ideas and help are welcome!!!

dstryr, since 1986.
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9291
10/28/04 01:05 PM
10/28/04 01:05 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Here's an idea to get a preliminary count on A12's that ARE FOR SURE TO ATTEND. Why don't we start a Attendence specific thread that the attendees will PM the original thread poster, so the thread can be an updated "Roll Call" so to speak. Rather than an on-going, multiple post thread that may wander off in different directions. With all due respect. If we want to organize a car show, we have to stick to organization! If you want, I will volunteer for the job. I will start an "A12 Carlisle Attendence" thread, and will keep up with any up-dates that are PM'd to me.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9292
10/28/04 01:16 PM
10/28/04 01:16 PM
VA
RapidRunner Offline
master
RapidRunner  Offline
master

VA
Gary,

The attendance thread sounds great. Just get a moderator to make it as a NO REPLY thread so you can be the only poster.

Consider yourself PM'd by me, I already have Hotel, transportation and vaction scheduled.

Who knows? The Shadow Knows! But he ain't on this fraking forum! "This restoration is a test,, It is ONLY a test, Had this been an actual Restoration I would have received instructions on what to do and where to get the MONEY!" -------------------------------
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: RapidRunner] #9293
10/28/04 01:31 PM
10/28/04 01:31 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Just sent a PM of to Mopauly to see what can be done.

Mike, you're on the list. But it's still in my head. And that is very dangerous.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9294
10/28/04 01:42 PM
10/28/04 01:42 PM
Marion,Indiana
S
Seth_Jones Offline
pro stock
Seth_Jones  Offline
pro stock
S

Marion,Indiana
Maybe its just me,but isn't the hat and shirt thing a little too much? Some kind of window decal would be more than enough for me.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Seth_Jones] #9295
10/28/04 02:43 PM
10/28/04 02:43 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Just spoke to John Pappas of 5-Star Productions.

We're IN!!!!! He will do a "specialty Video" of the A12's. We will just have to set up a specific time at our parking location, so he can record the cars and owners. Sounds like that should be simple enough.

John is DA MAN! I'll keep everyone up to date.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Seth_Jones] #9296
10/28/04 02:48 PM
10/28/04 02:48 PM
VA
RapidRunner Offline
master
RapidRunner  Offline
master

VA
Quote:

Maybe its just me,but isn't the hat and shirt thing a little too much? Some kind of window decal would be more than enough for me.

What about License plate frames? One that say "A12 Reunion. Carlisle PA 2005"

Plastic ones do not look that exspensive.

Who knows? The Shadow Knows! But he ain't on this fraking forum! "This restoration is a test,, It is ONLY a test, Had this been an actual Restoration I would have received instructions on what to do and where to get the MONEY!" -------------------------------
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: RapidRunner] #9297
10/28/04 07:43 PM
10/28/04 07:43 PM
Harleysville PA
M_code_Coop Offline
master
M_code_Coop  Offline
master

Harleysville PA
Gary,

Good work on the video! That's one less thing to worry about.

How does John operate? Does he supply custom services as in taping what we want? Or does he follow his own instincts taping what he wants with the thought of selling it to the broad mopar public? Any idea what he charges?

Good thinking on the banner! We'll need something to put at the start of our 'murderer's row'. I think the tent we get will be 15X15 approx (?) to keep the memorabilia items and info in. Sort of an information booth to pass out info memorabilia on our cars. Frank might be able to clarify the size.

Why don't you talk to Lon about your magazine ideas. I'm sure he'd welcome any help he could get....and this is where we need help! Getting the word out to as many publications as possible will directly influence how many cars show up next July. The more guys that can help here the better off we all are.

The attendance post is an excellent idea. Please try to set that up as soon as possible. As we go along in this 'promotion' those professionals who can help us will want to know how many cars they can expect to see. The number of cars might make the difference in whether or not a sponsor commits to funding or using major ink on our behalf. It will also influence who decides to come and be an 'attraction'. No one wants to cover, or be an attraction at a less than 'well attended' event.

Max and Mike, good ideas. Think about what you'd like to take home from this event...custom key chains, shirts, hats, plate frames, bring all ideas to the table and we'll whittle them down to what everyone prefers later. Hopefully some here have connections in this area and can get discounts. I just remembered Steve's brother in law (?) is a calander cameraman. maybe that's a way to follow up a month or two after the Re-Union. Mail out calendars to all.

C'mon guys. I know there are plenty of sharp thinkers here. Please offer your thoughts whether or not you plan to attend. No ideas too wild, mild, lazy or crazy to dismiss. Bring them forward for everyone to consider.

Regards,
Coop
610-476-7654

Link to Slideshow...turn the music up. http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/F39VvCq5/1/1491997 ...So when does government's A12 welfare start?..
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: M_code_Coop] #9298
10/29/04 01:13 PM
10/29/04 01:13 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Coop and Guys,

John from 5-Star will do as we wish, as long as we stick to an agreed upon time window for taping. He gave me the indication, this would not cost us a thing as long as we could accomidate his schedule. No Charge always sound's fair to me. He said he tapes approximately 4 hours of content, then edits into a presentation. I'm sure if we were to give him a 2 hour window which he is comfortable with, and we were all present at our cars it would work to all's advantage. He, obviously will concentrate on the well presented cars for short features, and film all as a bunch to get the overall presentation. Only my opinion of what might happen?? Coop, you and Miles should think about how you envision what the DVD should represent. Then we can map that out for 5-Star.

I will plan on committing to three good size banners. One for the tent, and two to be placed at either end of our A12 row. What do you think of that??

Here is an idea for all. When I parked in the Moparts section this year at the Nats, I made up a couple "Fasbird" signs to put on my windshield. All I did, was to type out my user name in 72( i think) Font in the "Landscape" mode, then lamenate it. Everyone knew my car belonged to Fasbird. You know, a car with a name sort of thing. I have a lamnating machine at my disposal. If it is agreeable with all the members, I will run-off all the attending A12 user name, and make up signs for everyone. Opinions??? Here is a pic Lemon Twist took. You can see the sign under my wiperblade:

What does everyone think of the Roll Call thread? Is it set up ok for the info needed?

If so: Keep those names coming in!!!

Last edited by Fasbird; 10/29/04 01:24 PM.
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9299
10/29/04 01:34 PM
10/29/04 01:34 PM
VA
RapidRunner Offline
master
RapidRunner  Offline
master

VA
Gary,

Taping the cars is great. It might be really neat if we could do a parade line of all the cars coming down the road. Might make for a nice opener or closer for the video.

Also, who ever is talking to the guest speakers might want to find out if they are okay being flimed.

I like the lamenant Window tags idea. What about name tags with forum name and real name. For us guys who have not meet everyone yet

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: RapidRunner] #9300
10/29/04 07:00 PM
10/29/04 07:00 PM
St.Louis, MO
694406 Offline
top fuel
694406  Offline
top fuel

St.Louis, MO
All this Carlisle talk has me excited and it's 9 mo.s away! Has anyone west of St.Louis considered grouping together on a larger transport rig? The reason I ask is my only transport vehicle is my 76 full time 4x4 Ram Charger. If gas is where it is now or higher it will cost me $4,567.00 just for transport!!!! I haven't put much thought into it but here's the two I did have:
+ A semi pulling into Carilyle loaded w/A12s would be an awesome sight!
- If it wrecked on the way there the cargo is irreplaceable.
Any ideas?????

www.Musclemagnet.com

1969 Cuda 383 Q5
1969 Cuda 340 4-spd Notch
1969 Cuda 383 4-spd Notch
1969 GTS Black on White 340 4-spd
1971 Cuda 383 V2, X9 Billboards, White Top!
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: 694406] #9301
10/29/04 07:37 PM
10/29/04 07:37 PM
Wendy, I'm home.
dstryr Offline OP
master
dstryr  Offline OP
master

Wendy, I'm home.
I like the idea of the transport, tho the biggest drawback is that the swing to get several cars is going to take a week by the time its all arranged. Its not a straight shot, so down the west coast, into AZ, up toward CO, the zigzag could take a while.

Same deal on the way back. However, it could be an economical way to get several cars there and back, including(possibly) Project Six Pack out of CO.

It would be an enjoyable trip to not have to worry about a trailer, but to worry where my car was could offset that.

The idea definitely deserves some thought.

Frank

dstryr, since 1986.
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: dstryr] #9302
10/31/04 01:40 AM
10/31/04 01:40 AM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
C'mon guys ...Let's keep those names coming in for the "Roll Call" so we can establish a proper head/car count for Frank and Lon. They need this info when contacting the Magazines and Carlisle Productions. I keep seeing everyone stating they'll be at Carlisle in the other threads. I don't think you'all have to worry about this type info violating any privacy acts.

C'mon little buckeroos,....It won't hurt that much.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9303
10/31/04 01:44 AM
10/31/04 01:44 AM
Dreaming of the 808
AZ_A12_BEE Offline
I Live Here
AZ_A12_BEE  Offline
I Live Here

Dreaming of the 808
I need to share a hotel room if Im going to come, Im on a budget to get my wife to let me come

69.5 A12 Bee, first purchased in 1976, car 169 on registry 69 Coronet R/T 440/4 spd 69 Coronet 500 Conv H code 383 4bbl/auto 37 Plymouth PU Find your spot on earth and ride it.
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: AZ_A12_BEE] #9304
10/31/04 02:05 AM
10/31/04 02:05 AM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Quote:

I need to share a hotel room if Im going to come, Im on a budget to get my wife to let me come

If you don't mind a cot, we can squeeze you in

That didn't sound right . How 'bout, you stay in our room if need bee.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: dstryr] #9305
11/07/04 01:06 PM
11/07/04 01:06 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
I was asked a question for the roll call from a member.

Is the reunion only for original/authentic A12 cars, with the "M" in the VIN? Or can A12R/C's be included?

This is an interesting question. I would think any 69 b-body depicting the essence of the A12 would be welcome. I did not want to overstep any lines without bringing this question to thew forum. Please give your feedback.

Gary

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9306
11/07/04 10:12 PM
11/07/04 10:12 PM
Wendy, I'm home.
dstryr Offline OP
master
dstryr  Offline OP
master

Wendy, I'm home.
I spoke to Lisa on Friday morning, Nov. 5th about a few more details for Carlisle.

First, the tent will be for the members to hang out in, so will be at least 20'X20', probably larger. It will most likely be centered in our group of cars. Lisa said they have not made definite arrangements on where to put us or the T/A,AAR group. There will probably be another featured group as well, yet to be determined. Lisa said we may be close to the main building.

We talked about shirts/hats, etc, special guests, and marketing. She also gave me a name of her contact that makes up the official Carlisle shirts. There will be an official Carlisle shirt with the featured cars on them. She will contact Ronnie Sox for us but said she wants us to have a definite purpose for Ronnie to be there. He may want an appearance fee as well so if Carlisle springs for that then we should have a plan for Ronnie. Maybe it could be a 1-2 hour meet and greet; you guys that have done the big car shows before, chime in! She also knows Tom Hoover and will contact him as well. She said both us and her making contact is good. Tom usually attends every year, and same story for Tom. We should have a plan for his appearance as well.

As to the question of clones, I think the more the merrier!! Carlisle is the host of the show, though, and we are promoting the Reunion from this website. When any of us register with Carlisle, we will have an opportunity to register as part of the A12 Reunion group. I don't know how Carlisle handles clones, but I say if an owner has put the time and money into cloning a car, it should be included in our group as much as a guy who just bought an original A12 last week.

I'll be in contact with Lisa at Carlisle and ask the question as to how they classify repro/clone cars for registration/grouping purposes. She's out until the 15th, but in the meantime, I think Gary should include the car in question in the roster.

Frank

dstryr, since 1986.
Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: dstryr] #9307
11/07/04 11:03 PM
11/07/04 11:03 PM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Turns out after a further PM conversation with the member, that he has an A12 with modifications and was concerned.

But, I agree that clones/replicas that represent an A12 should be included. But, on the other hand I think, that just the addition of a "Liftoff Hood" to a '69 B-Body would not be enough to be called a clone.

This is a sticky subject of where the line is drawn. I, for one, do not want to be the one drawing the line.

Re: A12s at Carlisle 2005 [Re: Fasbird] #9308
11/08/04 12:50 AM
11/08/04 12:50 AM
Harleysville PA
M_code_Coop Offline
master
M_code_Coop  Offline
master

Harleysville PA
I guess I'm going to have to start this debate off right. Stop reading now if you're offended easily. I know all the politically correct, self appointed heros and watchdogs of the clones are going to get upset. Too bad, here goes....

A12 Lift Off Hood REUNION.

Reunion implies that the participants were at one time together-- as In being produced mid 69 at Lynch Road. If we are going to open this up to everybody with a hood, it isn't really a reunion. So let's just call it what it is... a 'glas hood get together'.

This is getting to be like 'outcome based education' LOL...that's where everyone graduates because they 'tried'. What a joke. Don't get me started... It wasn't always like this...I have a 9th grade education from the 60s. Dropped out and went to work. Every job form asked what grade was graduated and putting down 9th wasn't the same as 12th....know what?...I now consider those 9 years the equivalent of a full college education today. Everything is watered down now and passes for what it isn't. Don't get me started....If we water down this REUNION we are no less guilty of the politically correct kissy kissy, make it nice for everyone because they 'tried' pap being spoon fed to the masses like Jim Jones kool aid.

No we don't live in a communistic society YET....so let's not pretend we, or all cars with glas hoods are the same. I'm simply saying what everybody knows is true.

And please don't play the poor indignant 'little guy' card on this one. You know the one which implies only an elitist would say such harsh things. It's almost as sickening as Johnny Cochran's race card.

What I say has nothing to do with prejudice, oneupsmanship, or pride. I'm NOT saying that A12 cars are 'better'. In fact I consider some clones MUCH NICER than A12s in quality and workmanship. Some are incredibly and magnificently done. Definite magazine material...BUT they are NOT the cars that were put together in mid 69 on Lynch Road with an A12 in their VIN.

I suggest we have an A12 clone section...yes, there I said it...let's keep them separated but right next to the pack. Isn't that cruel of me. LOL. Fire away-I can take it.

I hope this helps get us off to a lively debate. Please don't hesitate to weigh in with your thoughts.

Regards,
Coop

Link to Slideshow...turn the music up. http://albums.phanfare.com/isolated/F39VvCq5/1/1491997 ...So when does government's A12 welfare start?..
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12