01/20/11 08:43 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline
master
Streetwize  Offline
master

Weddington, N.C.
mshred,

I respect and appreciate you at a young age asking all of these well-thought out questions.

A very wise engine builder named Joe Sherman once said "$1 in the heads is worth $3 in the shortblock." I've found this to be more true than you know, don't sweat it there's plenty of 408-416's out there that crush big blocks all day long.

My build the best nicest forged 408 you can afford to build and enjoy it! Take what you learn from the experience of building it and look forward to rolling that knowledge in to the next one, pretty much what I've been doing for 30-odd years now

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: Critique/help with this custom stroker combination [Re: Streetwize] #907422
01/20/11 11:21 PM
01/20/11 11:21 PM
Delray beach, Florida
P
Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
Quote:

mshred,

I respect and appreciate you at a young age asking all of these well-thought out questions.

A very wise engine builder named Joe Sherman once said "$1 in the heads is worth $3 in the shortblock." I've found this to be more true than you know, don't sweat it there's plenty of 408-416's out there that crush big blocks all day long.

My build the best nicest forged 408 you can afford to build and enjoy it! Take what you learn from the experience of building it and look forward to rolling that knowledge in to the next one, pretty much what I've been doing for 30-odd years now

i agree, you have neither the cylinder head nor the block you need to take advantage of the extra cubes. in other words, what's the point?
no need to get into custom pistons for a combo that is limited by the block and heads anyway.
we've done plenty of both size engines as well as the 4.25 strokers, so we do have some first hand knowledge about what works best for a given overall combination. the 408/416 IMO is still one of the best street/strip combo's out there.
sonic check your block. i have a std. bore 340 block that needs to sleeves just to go .030 over. don't take anything for granted.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3