E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

So Dave, who gives YOU the authority to run around and tell people what to do with their time? Who made you king? Seems to be pot and kettle with what you posted to Barry.

I don't care what he or anyone does with their time. It was simply a response to his "busybody actions" from an email he sent me that you know NOTHING about! What I would like to know is why My particular "authority" seems to bother you but the "authority" taken by Barry seems to sit just fine with you? Why haven't you asked him what makes him "King' of the Mopar verification World? Are you sure that your question/complaint is nothing more than just another reason to jump on the hypocritical bandwagon? Please flush your selective spin and double standard comments elsewhere. Your obvious prejudice is starting to become exposed and unraveled.....again! You are definitely in the minority with this one! Here is yet ANOTHER brief excerpt that I received in an email this evening. This makes more than 30 supportive messages and still counting:

Hello Dave I noticed your argument on "Moparts " and cant believe you even bother to argue with those Arrogant Folks , I am surprised in the Barry fellers behavior as I thought he was a decent guy a few years back when he helped me with some paperwork he had for my 71 Cuda..
That Arrogant [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] Galen is the worst thing that ever happened to Mopars!!!
I actually I used to be a Die Hard Mopar nut until the ToFu eating Polo shirt wearing,Corvette Mentality took over the hobbie, I do give you props for trying but those exact folks trying to say they are the authorities of the hobbie have caused folks like myself to leave cars like my orig paint 71 340 cuda ,and orig paint 70 Shaker hood, 4406bbl, Challenger along with several other cool Mopars parked in the garage collecting dust next to the Corvettes , I refuse to drive them anymore as I Loath the mentality of those folks and have since been enjoying the hell out of my Chevrolets and Fords without being stereotyped as an egotistical Mopar freak....

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889285
12/29/10 03:34 AM
12/29/10 03:34 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Yeah Dave, I know nothing about those type of emails. I don't illicit a response from pro forger types. I can go down to the local jail and tell all sorts of scummy guys there that what they do on a day to day basis is OK and get similar responses. "Wow, you you really get it, you're cool."

Again I ask, why do you feel that having fakes floating around is a good thing? Could it be that you are a source of fake Mopar stuff? Should we view your cars as fakes since you find nothing wrong with such and go for the throat of anybody that dares to suggest that integrity in the hobby is a good thing?

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889286
12/29/10 03:42 AM
12/29/10 03:42 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Please someone give me a legitimate reason why you would fake a fender tag other than greed/profit.... Look at the two tags Doug (69 Coronet) posted & tell me that was done with honest & moral intent.... You want to enjoy driving these cars... Then drive them... I do it all the time.. I haven't had anyone looking @ my fender tag while I'm driving so why have a fake one?? Your doing it in an attempt to deceive but people like Barry throw a wrench in your plan when they are able to show proof of the fraud... 20+ years ago I knew of a 440+6 Roadrunner being restored the original engine was gone.. The guy doing the resto restamped a block, when he showed the car I was there when he told people of the restamp, he sold the car to a guy that knew the block was a restamp, soon after he sold it the guy that bought it sold it again, I don't know what he told the new buyer I do know it was being sold about 8-9 years ago as a #s matching car... So even though the person who did the falsifying wasn't intending to deceive thats how it eventually wound up...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889287
12/29/10 03:57 AM
12/29/10 03:57 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

I'm curious to know how many of you are OK with what happened in this situation. I'm posting both tags as both were posted in the clear meaning on the Internet for all to see.

Someone took a 69 Coronet R/T convertible, changed the transmission, color, interior, VON and options.

Is it OK for the seller to pass this car off as an original 4 speed car and command the higher price a four speed brings? Is it OK for the seller to claim this car is now 1 of 99 instead of 1 of 317?

Is it OK for the second or third buyer down the line to think this is a reproduction of an original tag?

How would buyers be able to do due diligence on this car?

Is it OK for me to let prospective buyers know this car has been changed and the documentation changed?

Who would be against this happening? Who can justify it?

Nobody seemed to want to touch this. Wonder why?

Guess it is because people don't see anything wrong with this. Or maybe they lack the proper "authority" to call somebody a crook. Or would it be "balls"?

Too bad the tag pic doesn't show.

Last edited by SomeCarGuy; 12/29/10 03:59 AM.
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #889288
12/29/10 04:03 AM
12/29/10 04:03 AM
kentucky
S
superbyrd Offline
enthusiast
superbyrd  Offline
enthusiast
S

kentucky
i guess i missed somewhere over the years,where this(and alot of other) site went from a forum/hangout/knowledge base for a shared love of our beloved brand/cars of choice,to an over zealous,flamboyant,greedy, pissing contest over papers and stampings.
the majority of this whole she-bang centers around the more high-end and rarer cars and their equipment. i don't understand what the big deal over it is anyway. most of you,who have your nose in the air,because you think you are better than others,because you have a 440-6 car or hemi car,or the like,don't actually drive the cars and enjoy them anyway. so,why such a fuss over having all these scads of documentation???? i mean hell,once you and your click of snot-nosed experts have stood around rubbing each others azzes and sipping your cappachinos for a year or two,it's got to get old at some point. i am a diehard mopar lover,and the best part of these cars,is driving and enjoying them. sorry,but an extremely well documented,rare,1 of blah,blah,blah hemi cuda doesn't make me quiver in my shorts. hotrodding,and having fun is the best time of it.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889289
12/29/10 04:12 AM
12/29/10 04:12 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

i guess i missed somewhere over the years,where this(and alot of other) site went from a forum/hangout/knowledge base for a shared love of our beloved brand/cars of choice,to an over zealous,flamboyant,greedy, pissing contest over papers and stampings.
the majority of this whole she-bang centers around the more high-end and rarer cars and their equipment. i don't understand what the big deal over it is anyway. most of you,who have your nose in the air,because you think you are better than others,because you have a 440-6 car or hemi car,or the like,don't actually drive the cars and enjoy them anyway. so,why such a fuss over having all these scads of documentation???? i mean hell,once you and your click of snot-nosed experts have stood around rubbing each others azzes and sipping your cappachinos for a year or two,it's got to get old at some point. i am a diehard mopar lover,and the best part of these cars,is driving and enjoying them. sorry,but an extremely well documented,rare,1 of blah,blah,blah hemi cuda doesn't make me quiver in my shorts. hotrodding,and having fun is the best time of it.

I have no issues with you hodrodding your car any way you care to.. I hope you drive your hotrod half as much as I drive mine... You want to build a Hemicuda, what can I do to help.. I have no problem with that.. You get it running & wanna go for a cruise, I'm there... Wanna take it to the track, lets go... But why would you feel the need to have numbers & documents that show it's something it isn't?? People will tell you they aren't trying to deceive anyone yet there is no other possible explanation...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: SomeCarGuy] #889290
12/29/10 04:21 AM
12/29/10 04:21 AM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Quote:

Quote:

I'm curious to know how many of you are OK with what happened in this situation. I'm posting both tags as both were posted in the clear meaning on the Internet for all to see.

Someone took a 69 Coronet R/T convertible, changed the transmission, color, interior, VON and options.

Is it OK for the seller to pass this car off as an original 4 speed car and command the higher price a four speed brings? Is it OK for the seller to claim this car is now 1 of 99 instead of 1 of 317?

Is it OK for the second or third buyer down the line to think this is a reproduction of an original tag?

Is it OK for me to let prospective buyers know this car has been changed and the documentation changed?

Guess it is because people don't see anything wrong with this. Or maybe they lack the proper "authority" to call somebody a crook. Or would it be "balls"?

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889291
12/29/10 04:27 AM
12/29/10 04:27 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
I'm surprised they didn't add N96 to that tag....

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889292
12/29/10 04:33 AM
12/29/10 04:33 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Personally it would not bother me as to whether the car is what it is, or was created to be,... regardless of any changes made to the "documentation" attached to it, tags/stampings/etc as long as the car is equipped the way I want it, and the price is in my range,....I buy a vehicle to drive and enjoy it....

My motto regarding "numbers" is: "as long as the DMV is happy, so am I"

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889293
12/29/10 04:37 AM
12/29/10 04:37 AM
DELAWARE
TONY_DAGOSTINO Offline
master
TONY_DAGOSTINO  Offline
master

DELAWARE
so dave

i recall in a prior thread seeing rolls of new broadcast sheets,

will they be raffled, included with every order, burned up,
or as jim asked (my favorite) be available for wallpaper,

if so, ill take enuff for my 10X10 office,

you always present a different perspective that even if someone doesnt agree with,id bet it sure makes them think about

gnite

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889294
12/29/10 05:08 AM
12/29/10 05:08 AM
San Francisco Ca
SCATPK Offline
master
SCATPK  Offline
master

San Francisco Ca
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[/quote

The only reason for that tag to be altered is for resale purposes when it is sold.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: SCATPK] #889295
12/29/10 07:41 AM
12/29/10 07:41 AM
Texas
70Runnerdude Offline OP
enthusiast
70Runnerdude  Offline OP
enthusiast

Texas
6 pages of posts and yet no responses hardly to my questions that originaly started this topic. it is more a Barry aginst Dave post now.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: BDW] #889296
12/29/10 08:40 AM
12/29/10 08:40 AM
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
Quote:

Another interesting thread here:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30965.0

"Barry,I noticed this months C-C calendar that your dash pad is not in your T/A.I hope you had the proper authorities remove and store it for you so they can reinstall it when you are ready?If not maybe we should call the vin police on you for removing/tampering with it?"

Someone ought to call the police on Barry b/c he removed his vin tag illegally!

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: torredcuda] #889297
12/29/10 08:46 AM
12/29/10 08:46 AM
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
I relate Barry to a wanna be cop,the kind that pulls you over b/c your car looks fast and you may break the speeed limit at some point.I am all for busting those actually comitting fraud by swapping/making vin tags but he way oversteps the bounds of his self appointed authority by attacking and threatening anyone who mentions or asks about fender tags,rebodying or restoring basketcases etc.The law is very gray on these matters and contrary to what he beleives he does not know it all.

Last edited by torredcuda; 12/29/10 08:47 AM.
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: torredcuda] #889298
12/29/10 09:06 AM
kentucky
S
superbyrd Offline
enthusiast
superbyrd  Offline
enthusiast
S

kentucky
i am not siding with barry on his views necessarily,but,i don't care who you are,what reason you use, rebodying is illegal. period.
anybody out there,i don't care what state you live in,when you remove the VIN tag from one vehicle and put it on another, it is against the law. there is no "grey" area in the law. it doesn't matter if you have a rust bucket 1 of 1 hemi cuda sitting there,and have a rustfree slant 6 barracuda,and swap the VIN,tags,numbers to that car to "save an important,rare car",you have committed fraud. there is no justification. there is no grey area. it is illegal. think you have done no wrong? make sure when you get that rebodied car done,and got to license it,make sure and tell the DMV,that you swapped the VIN tags on the car. we will read your next post on here from jail......

Last edited by superbyrd; 12/29/10 09:08 AM.
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 69CoronetRT] #889299
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fender tags are easily made to read whatever you want so unless there is plenty of other documentation supporting it then it is buyer beware and pay what you feel it`s worth-pretty simple IMO.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: torredcuda] #889300
12/29/10 09:14 AM
12/29/10 09:14 AM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
I relate Barry to a wanna be cop,the kind that pulls you over b/c your car looks fast and you may break the speeed limit at some point.I am all for busting those actually comitting fraud by swapping/making vin tags but he way oversteps the bounds of his self appointed authority by attacking and threatening anyone who mentions or asks about fender tags,rebodying or restoring basketcases etc.The law is very gray on these matters and contrary to what he beleives he does not know it all.

I will go along with this. I do believe if the chips were down and I were thinking of buying a car and really truely wanted to get information (reliable) information about the car I was buying (due diligence) I would appreciate Barry and his knowledge.

I dont know what private emails go on in private, I do hate to see the fighting tho. It upsets me like seeing family fight when we have get togethers. I too would like to have a build sheet. I dont care if it says COPY on it, I am a talker in person and I would like a conversation piece at the car shows.

The question "Why would someone want a fake fendertag and/or buildsheet want one other than greed or profit" The question bears consideration and I can only answer for myself. Here and now I document I dont have my buildsheet for my car, therefore anyone can place an asterick by my lil name or car. Still I love things like repro items legtimately available in the marketplace such has factory ads, stickers, articles etc. It tells a story about our cars when others show interest at shows or club get togethers etc. I dont think of them as profit centers but I CAN SEE HOW OTHERS WOULD in the hobby. So indeed both sides have legitimate issues. There can be room for disagreement as well as room for compromise in our hobby.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: superbyrd] #889301
12/29/10 09:23 AM
12/29/10 09:23 AM
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
Quote:

i am not siding with barry on his views necessarily,but,i don't care who you are,what reason you use, rebodying is illegal. period.
anybody out there,i don't care what state you live in,when you remove the VIN tag from one vehicle and put it on another, it is against the law. there is no "grey" area in the law. it doesn't matter if you have a rust bucket 1 of 1 hemi cuda sitting there,and have a rustfree slant 6 barracuda,and swap the VIN,tags,numbers to that car to "save an important,rare car",you have committed fraud. there is no justification. there is no grey area. it is illegal. think you have done no wrong? make sure when you get that rebodied car done,and got to license it,make sure and tell the DMV,that you swapped the VIN tags on the car. we will read your next post on here from jail......

In that case,yes it is illegal but the gray area is when you are restoring a very rusty car and replacing a lot of metal on it and some still will call it a re-body even though the main structure is still there.I have also seen people get jumped on for merely innocently mentioning the word re-body.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: gomangoRTSE] #889302
12/29/10 09:25 AM
12/29/10 09:25 AM
NH
torredcuda Offline
super stock
torredcuda  Offline
super stock

NH
Quote:

I will go along with this. I do believe if the chips were down and I were thinking of buying a car and really truely wanted to get information (reliable) information about the car I was buying (due diligence) I would appreciate Barry and his knowledge.

I dont know what private emails go on in private, I do hate to see the fighting tho. It upsets me like seeing family fight when we have get togethers. I too would like to have a build sheet. I dont care if it says COPY on it, I am a talker in person and I would like a conversation piece at the car shows.

The question "Why would someone want a fake fendertag and/or buildsheet want one other than greed or profit" The question bears consideration and I can only answer for myself. Here and now I document I dont have my buildsheet for my car, therefore anyone can place an asterick by my lil name or car. Still I love things like repro items legtimately available in the marketplace such has factory ads, stickers, articles etc. It tells a story about our cars when others show interest at shows or club get togethers etc. I dont think of them as profit centers but I CAN SEE HOW OTHERS WOULD in the hobby. So indeed both sides have legitimate issues. There can be room for disagreement as well as room for compromise in our hobby.

I do agree Barry offers a great service to the Mopar community -if he likes you.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: torredcuda] #889303
12/29/10 12:11 PM
12/29/10 12:11 PM
NY NY
340duster340 Offline
master
340duster340  Offline
master

NY NY
this stuff happens all the time, you only know about it when someone posts it up on the internet.

i am not supporting it, but it happens. get over it and move on. just dont buy THAT car.

eventually numbers matching wont matter anymore when all the hard core enthusiasts die off and their hipster kids inherit the cars and either crash them or sell them to buy rap music or hybrids.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17