master
BDW  Online Content
master

Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Another interesting thread here:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30965.0

I don't want to take "THIS" thread in a different direction , BUT ....Reproduction VIN dash tags are available too...My brother-in-law has one on his 318 Barracuda.

I know where Barry stands on this topic and I'm not going there, but for him to publicly tell them that they are illegal is not 100% accurate....and to say they are not available is totally untrue...

Topic was NOT making a new VIN, guy was threated with legal action for offering the service of putting new silk screening on the original VINs.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Rhinodart] #889265
12/28/10 11:59 PM
12/28/10 11:59 PM
Chino Valley
RodStRace Offline
I Live Here
RodStRace  Offline
I Live Here

Chino Valley
Quote:

I REALLY want a roll of those fake broadcast sheets, I am wallpapering my Mopar room and they would look real cool! How much?

Print them yourself, they are here

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: BDW] #889266
12/29/10 12:12 AM
12/29/10 12:12 AM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Another interesting thread here:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=30965.0

I don't want to take "THIS" thread in a different direction , BUT ....Reproduction VIN dash tags are available too...My brother-in-law has one on his 318 Barracuda.

I know where Barry stands on this topic and I'm not going there, but for him to publicly tell them that they are illegal is not 100% accurate....and to say they are not available is totally untrue...

Topic was NOT making a new VIN, guy was threaten with legal action for offering the service of putting new silk screening on the original VINs.

Well that's just laughable

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: anlauto] #889267
12/29/10 12:52 AM
12/29/10 12:52 AM
Mass
M
Mike Mancini Offline
mopar
Mike Mancini  Offline
mopar
M

Mass
Yes back in 2007 that was me who offered the silkscreening service. Barry flipped out on me and has never talked to me since. I've sent several emails over the years but I get no response. Apparently I have been black listed because of the silkscreening. Not to mention, He called Chrysler complaining about the service I had "offered". He obviously has not let his dislike for me go either. I had posted on moparts a while back looking for original window sticker info for a 70 Duster I am restoring at my shop. We need a sticker present at judging otherwise there are 0 points given (you get half points for a repro). He posted some nasty insinuation that I was gathering the info for immoral purposes. Let it go Barry. I am not a bad person!

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mike Mancini] #889268
12/29/10 01:01 AM
12/29/10 01:01 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Yes back in 2007 that was me who offered the silkscreening service. Barry flipped out on me and has never talked to me since. I've sent several emails over the years but I get no response. Apparently I have been black listed because of the silkscreening. Not to mention, He called Chrysler complaining about the service I had "offered". He obviously has not let his dislike for me go either. I had posted on moparts a while back looking for original window sticker info for a 70 Duster I am restoring at my shop. We need a sticker present at judging otherwise there are 0 points given (you get half points for a repro). He posted some nasty insinuation that I was gathering the info for immoral purposes. Let it go Barry. I am not a bad person!

For the record, I have never called Chrysler about anything, about you or otherwise.

Anyone that removes their VIN tag & sends it through the mail for any purpose is an idiot, I will say that.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: RodStRace] #889269
12/29/10 01:06 AM
12/29/10 01:06 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

No no, those aren't even close, I want the perfect ones that can't be detected that Dave made in rolls...

Quote:

Quote:

I REALLY want a roll of those fake broadcast sheets, I am wallpapering my Mopar room and they would look real cool! How much?

Print them yourself, they are here

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Rhinodart] #889270
12/29/10 01:10 AM
12/29/10 01:10 AM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

I want the perfect ones that can't be detected

They can be detected though, it may be why he does not seem to like me?

I may never know since I have no authority or certification to know who likes me.

Whatever.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mike Mancini] #889271
12/29/10 01:17 AM
12/29/10 01:17 AM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Are these the same ones the Dave at ECS sells?

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=62

Quote:

Last edited by Rhinodart; 12/29/10 01:18 AM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Rhinodart] #889272
12/29/10 01:22 AM
12/29/10 01:22 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

Dave has a dry transfer decal, Mike was offering to silk screen the logo onto your VIN tag but you had to remove the tag from your car & send it to him....

"The Armies of our ancestors were lucky, in that they were not trailed by a second army of pencil pushers."
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #889273
12/29/10 01:38 AM
12/29/10 01:38 AM
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave has a dry transfer decal, Mike was offering to silk screen the logo onto your VIN tag but you had to remove the tag from your car & send it to him....

OK. Who offers the service that you have to send copy of the title and other docs for them to send you the transfer? I know we did it a few years ago, just can't remember who it is!

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Rhinodart] #889274
12/29/10 01:47 AM
12/29/10 01:47 AM
Harrisburg, Pa.
screamindriver Offline
master
screamindriver  Offline
master

Harrisburg, Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK. Who offers the service that you have to send copy of the title and other docs for them to send you the transfer? I know we did it a few years ago, just can't remember who it is!

Performance Car Graphics was demanding way too much info for the services they offered...Was suspected to be gathering info for some type of database...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: screamindriver] #889275
12/29/10 02:01 AM
12/29/10 02:01 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Performance Car Graphics was demanding way too much info for the services they offered...Was suspected to be gathering info for some type of database...

vs ECS who will provide a quality transfer without access to your swiss bank account #...

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Alaskan_TA] #889276
12/29/10 02:02 AM
12/29/10 02:02 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Anyone that removes their VIN tag & sends it through the mail for any purpose is an idiot, I will say that.

No Barry, the comment above is what makes you a self serving Liar when it comes to watching out for the hobby. It hasn't been but maybe 6 months ago when you were complaining about not having a well paying job and just being able to make ends meet. Maybe if you spent more attention on your own shortcomings you wouldn't have the time to peruse Chrysler forums to bash those people who feel differently than you! Many people do not like me on this forum but it is NOT for criticizing and putting my nose where it doesn't belong. What would you think if I constantly jumped on people because they were not restoring their vehicle in a manner that I thought was conducive to MY preferences? I could spend all day bashing the way people choose to treat THEIR property. That's all that you and your other "verification" buddies seem to enjoy doing. You boycott and use your "authority" to blackball or ruin the people (in the Hobby) that you claim to support and serve! I don't care if 95% of your time is well spent and being helpful. It is the 5% of "Got you" garbage that RUINS the majority of what you offer.

There are people who rub me wrong but I don't use my influence and reputation to "go after" or "get even" with them. That is how you jerks abuse this so called Power that you seem to feel you have control over. When that garbage starts to take place you have forgot what originally brought you into this arena and then proceed to destroy the "reputation" you have established. Provide your service and keep your opinion to yourself as it pertains to other hobbyist's feelings and desires. I think that ECS sells the highest quality decals but I don't constantly ridicule and condemn people who buy products from the other label suppliers. Present the facts and let the people choose however they feel. They are not as ignorant as you think they are. There are some really amazing talents in this MOPAR industry! It has NEVER been about what you do Barry, it is about abusing the "power" that you have been GIVEN by the people that owe you nothing! Use it to help and not destroy those who don't see eye to eye with you.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889277
12/29/10 02:10 AM
12/29/10 02:10 AM
Phoenix - surface of the sun
nomore65BelvJim Offline
I Live Here
nomore65BelvJim  Offline
I Live Here

gosh, isnt this a productive thread

Winter has firmly set in on moparts

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: nomore65BelvJim] #889278
12/29/10 02:19 AM
12/29/10 02:19 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

You are correct! It WAS absolutely worthless until you posted to let everyone know how they should feel about it.
Will this trait allow you and the other Verification experts to somehow form a new Partnership or Co-op this year?

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: nomore65BelvJim] #889279
12/29/10 02:23 AM
12/29/10 02:23 AM
Orange County, CA
M
Mike H Offline
enthusiast
Mike H  Offline
enthusiast
M

Orange County, CA
So what about the UPS man?

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: ECS] #889280
12/29/10 02:33 AM
12/29/10 02:33 AM
nomore65BelvJim Offline
I Live Here
nomore65BelvJim  Offline
I Live Here

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct! It WAS absolutely worthless until you posted to let everyone know how they should feel about it.
Will this trait allow you and the other Verification experts to somehow form a new Partnership or Co-op this year?

quit projecting.

all these threads do is show that some folks morals are more flexible than others, especially when money is involved.

you dont agree? fine, thats your right. no reason to be a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] about it and degrade others.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: nomore65BelvJim] #889281
12/29/10 02:41 AM
12/29/10 02:41 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
So Dave, who gives YOU the authority to run around and tell people what to do with their time? Who made you king? Seems to be pot and kettle with what you posted to Barry.

Using that logic, it is "OK" for a guy to forge stuff, legal or not, just forged in the sense of the hobby, BUT it is wrong for another to point out those forgeries.

Sure, you and countless others may never be taken, but the minute it happens to you it may become clear that "watchdogs" are a good thing. Today though, you seem to find them a threat.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: NicksGarage] #889282
12/29/10 02:42 AM
12/29/10 02:42 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Barry has every right to help or not help whoever he chooss. He is not a highered authority and since we weren't a witness to the phone call or what transpired, it's between him and the OP. 'nuff said.

End of story. Not real complicated.

Unless you want to drag you own personal diatribe in to this.

Re: Fake fender tags [Re: Mike H] #889283
12/29/10 02:50 AM
12/29/10 02:50 AM
Ridgeland Wi
M
mopars_1 Offline
master
mopars_1  Offline
master
M

Ridgeland Wi
I think in the end, everyone should have a personal responsibility to keep the hobby, that is suppose to be fun, clean and honest. unfortunatly there are a few rotten apples that seem to ruin it for everyone. treat the next person as youd like to be treated I guess.

1971 Plymouth Duster 340 auto
1937 Plymouth PT50
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 speed
2013 Ram laramie 2500 hemi
2008 Harley FLSTSB springer
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17