12/24/10 11:42 AM
12/24/10 11:42 AM
Wisconsin
sjs64polara Offline OP
mopar
sjs64polara  Offline OP
mopar

Wisconsin
I’d like to run some index or class events next year. How do I find out about events, locations, web pages etc. I live in Wisconsin so Midwest events would be best for me.

Merry Christmas to all

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: sjs64polara] #887135
12/24/10 12:42 PM
12/24/10 12:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The way I understand it, you are asking two different things. Index racing is different than class racing. Most of the time they don't mix.

You have a strong group of class racers in the IA, MN, and IL area. They usually will post their schedule on this site. The schedule isn't done until the first of the year after they find out what NHRA and IHRA are doing.
http://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

You also have this group that does both but I don't know a lot about it.
http://www.nssracing.com/

Now index racing just runs off an index. The most popular are 6.50 and 7.00 in the 1/8. It is real popular in the southeast. Not sure about the Wisconsin area. Some let tube frame cars run, some are limited to back half rules. The rules that are almost universal are no electronics or timers. You can run a throttle stop but it must be static. Seems like 6.5 and down down run off 4. pro lights and 7.0 up use a .5 starting light.

You can find out what is going on by watching this site. They don't have the Internet police so it is a little crude and not NWS. Some blockers won't let you in. There is a group trying to get some races for the midwest area but have not gotten on the thread to see what they are doing.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Hope that helps.

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: ] #887136
12/24/10 01:38 PM
12/24/10 01:38 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
Believe me don't call a Class Racer an Index Racer They will have a cow !!! We have battled this out of on classracer.com for about the last 2 weeks.

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: hemiparts] #887137
12/24/10 01:47 PM
12/24/10 01:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Believe me don't call a Class Racer an Index Racer They will have a cow !!! We have battled this out of on classracer.com for about the last 2 weeks.

With the Kool-aid they drink, they won't even admit they are bracket racers.

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: ] #887138
12/24/10 02:23 PM
12/24/10 02:23 PM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
Quote:

Quote:

they are all up in arms about the Drag Pack's running so far under the index. The only effect those new cars have is they replace a handful of cars in the 128 car field of qualifiers. Ironically it's only the slowest cars that get bumped. They didn't have a snow balls chance at a win anyway. No matter what they say it's bracket racing

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: HEMIFRED] #887139
12/24/10 03:46 PM
12/24/10 03:46 PM
Raleigh N.C
H
hemiparts Offline
"Missile Pilot"
hemiparts  Offline
"Missile Pilot"
H

Raleigh N.C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

they are all up in arms about the Drag Pack's running so far under the index. The only effect those new cars have is they replace a handful of cars in the 128 car field of qualifiers. Ironically it's only the slowest cars that get bumped. They didn't have a snow balls chance at a win anyway. No matter what they say it's bracket racing

Fred those boys are going to have a fit if they hear you say that !!!

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: hemiparts] #887140
12/24/10 04:38 PM
12/24/10 04:38 PM
Wisconsin
sjs64polara Offline OP
mopar
sjs64polara  Offline OP
mopar

Wisconsin
What I’m really trying to do is find some NON “bracket” race events I could run my car at but not have to change carbs on my cross ram from holleys to eddys.

Not sure what class my car would fit in 4050lbs, 505 cubic inch X ram motor with holleys running high 10s.

Merry Christmas to all

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: hemiparts] #887141
12/24/10 04:45 PM
12/24/10 04:45 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Fred those boys are going to have a fit if they hear you say that !!!

Funny thing is that most of the whiners either don't have a CJ or DP car in their class, or don't own a car at all.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: sjs64polara] #887142
12/24/10 05:26 PM
12/24/10 05:26 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

What I’m really trying to do is find some NON “bracket” race events I could run my car at but not have to change carbs on my cross ram from holleys to eddys.

Not sure what class my car would fit in 4050lbs, 505 cubic inch X ram motor with holleys running high 10s.

Merry Christmas to all

unless you have a hemi you pretty much have to go to carters. in nmca you have an index to run off. chry classics is dial in racing.

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: ro23car] #887143
12/24/10 06:20 PM
12/24/10 06:20 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Dont know what NSS clubs race in your area but most in my area want lettering on the car and 2 carbs for the Max Wedge Mopars. I have neither but the club my brother runs his 64 Fury in lets me race with them once or twice a year to see how I like it in hopes I will join. They even told me to get magnetic stickers with a car name that I can take off after the race since I like my street car the way it is without lettering. You might see if some clubs will let you run once or twice to see how you like it. Right now I just run a single four carb but may change in the future when I go to my new eng next year. I will admit I had a blast racing with the NSS "422" club that my brother runs with all the time. And I think I was the only car running NSS that drove their car to and from the track. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/24/10 06:21 PM.
Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: 383man] #887144
12/24/10 07:19 PM
12/24/10 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Dont know what NSS clubs race in your area but most in my area want lettering on the car and 2 carbs for the Max Wedge Mopars. I have neither but the club my brother runs his 64 Fury in lets me race with them once or twice a year to see how I like it in hopes I will join. They even told me to get magnetic stickers with a car name that I can take off after the race since I like my street car the way it is without lettering. You might see if some clubs will let you run once or twice to see how you like it. Right now I just run a single four carb but may change in the future when I go to my new eng next year. I will admit I had a blast racing with the NSS "422" club that my brother runs with all the time. And I think I was the only car running NSS that drove their car to and from the track. Ron

I think it funny that the radial tire (skinny tired) and index guys think a race car looks like this, no lettering or stickers.

But the old guys want it all stickered and lettered up to look like a race car

Re: Index / Class Racing [Re: ] #887145
12/24/10 07:58 PM
12/24/10 07:58 PM
Florida
Locomotion Offline
master
Locomotion  Offline
master

Florida
lol
I couldn't afford to race without "stickers"!
They all help out to some extent, either directly or through contingency postings. A name is cool and gives a car/driver an identity and personality.