Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline OP
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline OP
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Changing to a Crane ignition on my BB Dart project. Do I tie the brown cranking ignition wire and blue running ignition wire together? It seems to me that it is the only way to get power to the ignition both while cranking and while running.

Also, can I join together both the black alternator wire and the red fusible link wires at the solenoid post? I have relays on the headlights and plan to relay most other electrical loads. I am putting the heavy alternator wire to the solenoid post so do I need to run the black wire to the bulkhead connector or can I eliminate it? Is all the black wire does is feed the alt guage?

Thanks!

Master, again and still
Re: engine wiring question.....68 Dart [Re: DaveRS23] #877796
12/11/10 11:29 PM
12/11/10 11:29 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Quote:

Do I tie the brown cranking ignition wire and blue running ignition wire together?
Also, can I join together both the black alternator wire and the red fusible link wires at the solenoid post? I am putting the heavy alternator wire to the solenoid post so do I need to run the black wire to the bulkhead connector or can I eliminate it?

If Crane wants full (no ballast) ign1 like MSD does then yes. Your running from alt "batt" to the large "batt" stud on the starter relay then from that terminal to the fusible link & on/thru the bulkhead to the ammeter? If so that is correct. the OE black output wire to the bulkhead, not sure if you can elim it even tho you ran the alt directly to the starter relay.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth