06/27/08 02:12 PM
06/27/08 02:12 PM
Valencia, España
NachoRT74 Offline OP
master
NachoRT74  Offline OP
master

Valencia, España
Noticing TQ carbs threads ar becoming popular I have one more.

I have known A LOT about how to "tune" this carbs and even I'm not an expert about carbs. NOBODY WANTS THESE CARBS BESIDE ME, what really love them, So same as electrical stuff I had to learnt. Everybody thinks they are non repairable, and I have show how they can be fixed to at least a pretty decent functioning. If I have good spare/new parts will be shown better. I think I could build a NICE CARB juts just one problem.

Car starts right up even from cold in the morning. Just one stroke and WROOOM, and finally made a good smell on exhaust pipes. Got to get apparently a perfect conditions plastic bowl, and nice tuned parts with links good calibrated and everything, just having one problem: HARD TO GET A NICE ACCELERATION when starting to move that makes oftenly even to engine stops on a traffic light when change to green. To save that I have to pump quickly before get a nice acceleration and save from stall.

Now, I though at first could be car was being choked, but a friend of mine who is in to mechanical performance world ( even is a chebby guy LOL ) told me really was because I wasn't getting gas injection on accelerator pump stroke. When car is parked and I stroke the pump I get gas injected on venturies, but maybe could it be that the problem on riding conditions

Now, I got once the fuel line hose from pump stroke hosing to ventury inyector was broke so I was getting a leak there getting not or poor gas injection to venturies. On those days I had to replace that internal line for one used but supposelly nice. Maybe this one is not good either so I found one new and replace once again in a couple of minutes but...

On an older kit, I got the pump stroke end cap with bearing kind valve instead the regular rubber valve. I replaced the regular valve for the ball kind since that I was sure was not to get worn or anything, beside the cap is solid brass instead the weak and hard to replace/remove regular cap without get at least a minimal damage.

However on your opinion ( specially for carb experts, not necesarilly just TQ ) do you think the bearing valve kind is better than the regular rubber valve kind when sealing the pump stroke housing ? a not good sealing valve could get a non effective pump stroke on injectors at venturi and that could be a reason to not get a good aceleration stroke!!!

the bearing valve kind is the one available on Highgrade rebuilt kits

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela
Re: One more about TQ carbs ( but could it be to any ca [Re: NachoRT74] #80542
06/27/08 03:34 PM
06/27/08 03:34 PM
Valencia, España
NachoRT74 Offline OP
master
NachoRT74  Offline OP
master

Valencia, España
Just afew minutes ago made the stroking to check for gas injection. Found on a hard stroking, gas was being injected, but with small touch gas injected was poor

I think I found the problem. Noticed the pump stroke ( is leather kind ) was not "tight" enough on pump stroke cilinder making the pump was leaking through the cilinder walls when acting. Replace for a regular rubber pump stroke. 'Cause the rubber units shape, they fill and expand againts the walls when stroking.

weird was than the leather unit was new too when made the rebuilt job last time, not long time ago. I have another new leather unit that tested and wasn't tight enough either.

worn pump housing/cilinder ? dry leather ? who knows... stroked the pump once assemblied with thi snew rubber unit and got good gas flow on venturies with small, slow and hard stroking... will wait untill gas evaporates from carb/venturies and intake this afternoon and will drive the car at night to notice if things changed.

does look leather stroke units are not good quality, good idea or good made.