08/18/10 10:59 PM
08/18/10 10:59 PM
Rhode Island
B
browndevil Offline OP
browndevil  Offline OP
B

Rhode Island
I recently purchased a base '70 challenger, not an R/T. I have no history for the car except for the fender tag. It is an LA car, September build date, with no build sheet. I want to get a reproduction window sticker for it but I am not sure what to specify for some of the options on it.

It is a highly optioned car: 383, auto, 3.23 rear (non locking), PS, power disc brakes, rear defrost, AC, left and right chrome mirrors, console, light package, am 8-track, California emissions, B7 blue, B5 blue interior, gator grain top, white accent stripes.

1. It has belt molding and molding on the rear of the hood as well as on the front splash pan. This looks like what would be on an SE but not the rear panel above the taillights like an SE. Almost like the A63 option. Is there an option code for this trim?

2. According to the fender tag, it has a 26" radiator. Would there be an option code for this?

3. Fender tag specifies D32 for transmission option but I don't see this as an option in any of the '70 literature I have been able to find.

4. Fender tag specified M21 roof drip rail moldings but I don't see this as an option in any of the '70 literature I have been able to find.

Any help would be appreciated. I am looking at the sticker options at window-stickers.com. If anyone can point me at other sites I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks

Re: 70 challenger options [Re: browndevil] #777051
08/19/10 08:12 AM
08/19/10 08:12 AM
OWL
Culvers Offline
enthusiast
Culvers  Offline
enthusiast

OWL
Quote:

2. According to the fender tag, it has a 26" radiator. Would there be an option code for this?
26" radiator was a part of the Air Conditioning H51

3. Fender tag specifies D32 for transmission option but I don't see this as an option in any of the '70 literature I have been able to find.
Automatic transmission D32 was standard, 4-speed D21 was an option

4. Fender tag specified M21 roof drip rail moldings but I don't see this as an option in any of the '70 literature I have been able to find.
Standard

Last edited by Culvers; 08/19/10 08:31 AM.
Re: 70 challenger options [Re: Culvers] #777052
08/19/10 10:59 AM
08/19/10 10:59 AM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV
Quote:

I recently purchased a base '70 challenger, not an R/T. I have no history for the car except for the fender tag. It is an LA car, September build date, with no build sheet. I want to get a reproduction window sticker for it but I am not sure what to specify for some of the options on it.

It is a highly optioned car: 383 OPTION 2 or 4 bbl (either would be a blue engine , auto OPTION , 3.23 rear (non locking), PS, power disc brakes, rear defrost, AC, left and right chrome mirrors, console, light package, am 8-track, California emissions, B7 blue, B5 blue interior, gator grain top, white accent stripes. Interesting combination!! - With only the fender tag, how do you know what was original to the car when it was new 40+ years ago?

1. It has belt molding and molding on the rear of the hood as well as on the front splash pan. This looks like what would be on an SE but not the rear panel above the taillights like an SE. Almost like the A63 option. Is there an option code for this trim?
The only way to get the belt, hood, fender & valence mouldings on a non-SE is the A63 package ...... so if it is NOT on the fender tag, somebody added them to the car.

actually ..... the 3-spd manual was standard and the automatic was an OPTION (around $200).

Got pics?

Re: 70 challenger options [Re: 6bblgt] #777053
08/19/10 05:52 PM
08/19/10 05:52 PM
Rhode Island
B
browndevil Offline OP
browndevil  Offline OP
B

Rhode Island

Quote:

Quote:

It is a highly optioned car: 383 OPTION 2 or 4 bbl (either would be a blue engine , auto OPTION , 3.23 rear (non locking), PS, power disc brakes, rear defrost, AC, left and right chrome mirrors, console, light package, am 8-track, California emissions, B7 blue, B5 blue interior, gator grain top, white accent stripes. Interesting combination!! - With only the fender tag, how do you know what was original to the car when it was new 40+ years ago?

This is on the fender tag with the exception of the rear defog, ps, and 3.23. The rear axle has the ratio tag for the 3.23 so I am assuming (maybe incorrectly) that that is original.
I also forgot that it has power windows.

Fender tag:

R22 V1G V7W 26 END
G33 H51 L31 M21 N95 P31
V1G A01 B51 C16 C55 G31
EB7 H6B5 xxx xxx xxxxx
E61 D32 JH23 LOE xxxxxx

The only way to get the belt, hood, fender & valence mouldings on a non-SE is the A63 package ...... so if it is NOT on the fender tag, somebody added them to the car.

actually ..... the 3-spd manual was standard and the automatic was an OPTION (around $200).

Got pics?

Thanks for the help guys!!!

I should have added that it this point it has been repainted a darker blue (by a previous owner - a GM blue from what I understand). It is still the original color in the engine compartment and inside the trunk. It has a plain black top but the guy I purchased it from gave me a roll of new gator grain material and no stripe. It also has a power bulge hood added. I will restore it to correct some day. Right now it is a great driver which was what I was looking for.

I'll try to attach a couple of pics.

This is on the fender tag with the exception of the rear defog, and 3.23. The rear axle has the ratio tag for the 3.23 so I am assuming (maybe incorrectly) that that is original.
I also forgot that it has power windows.

Fender tag:

R22 V1G V7W 26 END
G33 H51 L31 M21 N95 P31
V1G A01 B51 C16 C55 G31
EB7 H6B5 xxx xxx xxxxx
E61 D32 JH23 LOE xxxxxx

6148371-IMG_0892.JPG (84 downloads)
Re: 70 challenger options [Re: browndevil] #777054
08/19/10 05:54 PM
08/19/10 05:54 PM
Rhode Island
B
browndevil Offline OP
browndevil  Offline OP
B

Rhode Island
I guess I didn't attach the picture correctly. Could someone tell me how?

Thanks