J
Junky Offline
master
Junky  Offline
master
J

Wherever I am.
Quote:

we all make our decisions, and the ones that come from the gut are always the right ones. at that single moment, i knew it was the thing to do. if i felt different, i wouldn't have done it, period. drag racing down a city street with traffic all around, after a few beers at night? i'll agree with the rest of you on that.

but that is my life, i take risks that most people don't. i go to some of the deepest, most remote, most extreme places in africa, where there are no roads and there are no phones and there are no safety nets. out there, you are on your own, period. and as soon as my son is old enough to say he wants to go, i'll take him. and if something happens, then that is what it is.

one man's risk is another man's yawn.

Right on.

2010 Black Challenger SE <> 3.5 V6
Custom Shift Knobs www.flameball.com Check It Out
Re: raced a chevy today [Re: mickm] #774547
08/18/10 01:57 AM
08/18/10 01:57 AM
CHULA VISTA , CA
J
J_GAMALA Offline
super stock
J_GAMALA  Offline
super stock
J

CHULA VISTA , CA
Quote:

Quote:

and that way i can keep this thread going

your doing a good job of it

Re: raced a chevy today [Re: Moparnut426] #774548
08/18/10 10:04 AM
08/18/10 10:04 AM
Sullivan, Ohio
M
Max Wedge Savoy Offline
mopar
Max Wedge Savoy  Offline
mopar
M

Sullivan, Ohio
Quote:

You guys need to lighten up on this guy. I can recall countless times with my ol man in the 69 Charger sitting in the back seat eating ashed from the center ash tray when he grabbed 2nd gear. I can also remember doing cookies in his 70 340 `cuda. Thats what got me hooked as a gear head, and think thats what keeps the younger kids interested in old iron. There isnt a father on this planet who would purposly endanger his children, even a drunk like my ol man, But I love him for doing all the stuff we used to do. We even went 4 wheeling in his 440 powered ramcharger through minimum maintenance roads in 3ft of powder snow.

I give my 19 month old lil girl rides on "her" go cart, and she loves it. She loves riding on the 4 wheeler, and basically anything that has an engine and makes noise. She cries when I fire up my Harley. She comes running at me arms out wanting up, and I just cant give her a ride on my big bike, way to dangerous.

But Im sure a lot of us on here got started by that "feeling" with our dads whenever he would row through the gears, or lookover at ya in he 69 dart GTS 383 convertable, and say "ya wanna go fast around that guy". I never said , well dad, that is very dangerous, stupid, and what if there is a cop, you know dad, Im in here, and I could get hurt, so Ill have to kindly decline on your offer. HELL no I said lets go daddy!!

Kasey

That's a fantastic story man! I have a similar situation with my son. I own a 56 Buick that we cruise around in. The boy can be upstairs and on the other side of the house and can still hear the car when I start it. He comes running out to the front porch window and is yelling to get my attention. He is only 3 and a half but it has been the same way since he was a little pup. He HAS to take a ride with me and sit in the front seat (no comments necessary from the nay sayers here). Any time he is hot rodding with me he has to have the 'look'. He puts the shades on and gets the lean just right, although he can't see over the dash board. Make the memories while you can! I'm not going to live forever and I would love to have my son enjoy the same things I do. It gives us more time to bond before he starts his own life.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3