Lakewood, Colorado
R
runnerrt Offline OP
mopar
runnerrt  Offline OP
mopar
R

Lakewood, Colorado
I got my 69 Bee back a couple of months ago after a 20 year seperation. The car was parked a year after I sold it so for the most part it is the same as it was when I sold it. The one thing different is the guy put some bucket seats out of who knows what in there and I want to go back to a bench. I remember a time when you could not give away a bench seat now you cant find one and if you do they want a fortune. I was at a yard today and all the b-body bench seats were gone, but I did find a 69 Fury 2dr with a bench and it looks really close size wise. Does anyone know the dimensions on a b-body and c-body seat and if the tracks are the same. Any help would be appreciated.

1969 Super Bee High School car I got back 2004 Ram 2500
Re: Bench Seat Help [Re: runnerrt] #757013
07/26/10 04:03 PM
07/26/10 04:03 PM
North NJ
A
a6t9vette Offline
a6t9vette  Offline
A

North NJ
I just picked up a Bench for my 69 RR (to replace the buckets in there now), and I dont think they would be interchangeable. Its out of a 69 Satellite.

If you need a specific dimension let me know as the seat is sitting in my garage. Also as far as tracks, my references quote "Seat Track rails were unique for each model year and seat type and the correct rail set must be used with the coresponding seat". "The rails were unique to the B-body line. Other track rails from other car lines wont interchange." "But not all bench seat rails will interchagne even though they are from a B-body and are the correct model year. Those from a four-door or station wagon wont work because the seatback is solid and bench seats in the coupes have a split back seat rest."

Hope this helps...

69 Road Runner, numbers matching 383, Auto.