07/06/10 04:18 AM
07/06/10 04:18 AM
Missouri
NFURY8 Offline OP
super street
NFURY8  Offline OP
super street

Missouri
Has anyone used the P5153688 external fuel pump that is listed in the instructions for the Magnum Crate EFI kit?

The cheapo Summit pump I am using on my Magnum swap is making some nasty noises and will not build pressure when the ambient temp is much over 90 degrees. It has always been ridiculously noisy though.

I am looking for an affordable electric pump that will build enough pressure for the EFI and not be insanely noisy. Figured this one wouldn't be too bad if Mopar is using it for their kit, which uses slightly bigger injectors. Don't need anything too fancy, since this is a truck and not a racer.

C-Body DryDock Bigger is Better!
Re: Anyone use the MP EFI Fuel Pump? [Re: NFURY8] #741406
07/06/10 06:34 AM
07/06/10 06:34 AM
Löffingen, Germany
The_Mean_Machine Offline
top fuel
The_Mean_Machine  Offline
top fuel

Löffingen, Germany

Re: Anyone use the MP EFI Fuel Pump? [Re: The_Mean_Machine] #741407
07/06/10 08:21 AM
07/06/10 08:21 AM
A
Andrewh Offline
master
Andrewh  Offline
master
A

the msd pump worked for me for quite a while.
Put it too close to the exhaust and it would not put out enough pressure till it cooled off.

Wanted to try the walbro in the link above, but went with another brand that claimed it was as good or better as the walbro. Was a pain in the @@@ to get it hooked up due to some odd ball fittings it required. Won't do that again. But it works.
I added a bunch of isolation to it, so it is quiter than the msd, but if I did the same to that pump it might be just as quite.

I can still hear it in the car but it may also be where I mounted it. But it is not as obnoxious as the msd mounted to the rail. Not enough isolation though, so it really might as well have been mounted solid to the rail to be fair. When I dropped it off the rail to pump the tank dry, it was very quite.

They are both about the same price. Heard a lot of good things about the walbro, but if I were buying again, I would just pick up another msd.
Built pressure faster than this new one. Should have just remounted it, but had already ordered the new one. Running the new one because it has a 1 year warranty, thought I might as well try to burn it out first.

Running a 5.9 mag stock efi with it btw.