Print Thread
cooling fan #738096
07/01/10 03:52 PM
07/01/10 03:52 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
Where do you guys recommend i purchase a cooling fan from? Summit doesn't ship for 2 WEEKS and jegs is a little expensive. I saw feets' thread on the c-class great idea i just cant find one around. I need a fan clutch and shroud, though i can probably get a shroud for 5 dollars at lkq.

The local discount has an Imperial clutch fro 29 dollars, but fans also need to be special ordered. What sites do yall recommend?

Re: cooling fan [Re: j3wbagell] #738097
07/01/10 03:56 PM
07/01/10 03:56 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Are you having a cooling problem?

If that car has A/C it should have had a 20" or 21" 7 blade clutch fan from the factory.
What kind of cooling system is in the car? Radiator, fan, shroud, etc.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: cooling fan [Re: feets] #738098
07/01/10 04:06 PM
07/01/10 04:06 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
I am i replaced the water pump and was able to have it idle for a little longer than previously but after about 15 minutes and a good 2-3 miles of driving in the neighborhood she was a little over the half way mark on the gauge cluster and boiling into the collector.

There is no fan system in the car at the current moment nor when i took her around the block. I only have a 28" radiator that i have no id on the functionality of.

I do have factory A/C but is not running as the condenser is cracked and was jimmy rigged with a screw and some glue when i received the vehicle.

Re: cooling fan [Re: j3wbagell] #738099
07/01/10 04:54 PM
07/01/10 04:54 PM
Sacramento, CA
B
Bdrainy Offline
mopar
Bdrainy  Offline
mopar
B

Sacramento, CA
Quote:

There is no fan system in the car at the current moment nor when i took her around the block. I only have a 28" radiator that i have no id on the functionality of.

You don't have a fan on there at all? If you are just idling and driving around the block without a fan, that's why you are over heating. You're not getting any air flow through the radiator.

I have used the parts store nylon/plastic fans with a universal spacer before with decent results.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the post, but it seems like you are not running a fan...?

Re: cooling fan [Re: Bdrainy] #738100
07/01/10 05:27 PM
07/01/10 05:27 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
That's how it sounds to me too.

Cars with A/C got different cooling fans and sometimes different radiators too. I don't care if yours works. The question was to find out if you had the upgraded cooling system.

Is there any fan on the car? Electric or mechanical?

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon
Re: cooling fan [Re: feets] #738101
07/01/10 07:20 PM
07/01/10 07:20 PM
Cen Fla
j3wbagell Offline OP
j3wbagell  Offline OP

Cen Fla
Quote:

Cars with A/C got different cooling fans and sometimes different radiators too. I don't care if yours works. The question was to find out if you had the upgraded cooling system.

I'm really tired of this kind of stuff on this forum it quite clearly says there is no fan and that i am looking to buy one.

Can someone please recommend where i can find a clutch and fan for cheap? vicious or not

Re: cooling fan [Re: j3wbagell] #738102
07/01/10 07:44 PM
07/01/10 07:44 PM
Irving, TX
feets Offline
Senior Management
feets  Offline
Senior Management

Irving, TX
Quote:

I'm really tired of this kind of stuff on this forum it quite clearly says there is no fan and that i am looking to buy one.

Can someone please recommend where i can find a clutch and fan for cheap? vicious or not

You know, I was trying to be helpful. I wanted to clarify that there was no fan at all. Perhaps you meant no electric fan. No fan at all is suicide for an engine on the street.

I have a nice factory clutch fan in my garage. It's a 21" 7 blade unit for a heavy duty cooling application. I was going to offer to send it to you free.

Now that you've gotten snippy, it's going to stay where it sits.
I've seen you ask for help and get snippy before. This time I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I guess I see what that got me.
More like what it didn't get you.

Try having a little patience. Tone of voice and inflection are lost in text. When it's black and white you have to be a little flexible.

- Stu Harmon
Re: cooling fan [Re: j3wbagell] #738103
07/01/10 07:59 PM
07/01/10 07:59 PM
Wherever I am.
J
Junky Offline
master
Junky  Offline
master
J

Wherever I am.
Quote:

Quote:

Holy cow dude. Lose the attitude.

Get a fan and whatever from any auto parts store or your local speed shop. What do you mean by cheap? Ya get what you pay for.

2010 Black Challenger SE <> 3.5 V6
Custom Shift Knobs www.flameball.com Check It Out