06/30/10 11:29 AM
06/30/10 11:29 AM
OH-IO
moparman383 Offline OP
super stock
moparman383  Offline OP
super stock

OH-IO
Anyone have one? How do you like it? I've got a challenger series Grant in my Challenger and ready for an upgrade. Looked at the new Tuff wheel but just would rather go with a more modern look. Car in question is my 71 Challenger. It's not stock, but not modified (see sig image). Thinking of someday going to all autometer gauges.

Also, where is the best place to buy one? I've found some around $200, but i'm not wanting to drop a large chunk of change on an unnecessary item when I could use that money towards guages or something else. I'm cheap, that's about all there is to it. lol Any recommendations?

Thanks!

(sorry if this should be in general)

Re: D-shape steering wheel [Re: moparman383] #737324
06/30/10 12:46 PM
06/30/10 12:46 PM
So Cal
HealthServices Offline
Why would you even post that?
HealthServices  Offline
Why would you even post that?

So Cal
Unless you are a large person I don't see a need for a 'D' wheel in a early car.

I believed they were originally made for small race cars (as in non street as in formula v, Indy car) bodied cars where notching of the wheel helped with interference issues.

I don't think race cars in your year body style ever had them.

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.
Re: D-shape steering wheel [Re: HealthServices] #737325
06/30/10 03:09 PM
06/30/10 03:09 PM
OH-IO
moparman383 Offline OP
super stock
moparman383  Offline OP
super stock

OH-IO
Quote:

Unless you are a large person I don't see a need for a 'D' wheel in a early car.

I believed they were originally made for small race cars (as in non street as in formula v, Indy car) bodied cars where notching of the wheel helped with interference issues.

I don't think race cars in your year body style ever had them.

I have aftermarket seats with side bolsters which does present somewhat of a difficult task of getting into the car which could be alleviated with a D-shape wheel, but that is not my primary concern.

I wasn't asking about the originality of the D-shape wheel for my car, I'm looking for a new aftermarket wheel and I think the D-shape have a nice look to them, and was hoping someone would recommend some places that I could purchase one reasonably.

Re: D-shape steering wheel [Re: moparman383] #737326
06/30/10 11:54 PM
06/30/10 11:54 PM
minot north dakota
ledft79 Offline
mopar
ledft79  Offline
mopar

minot north dakota
It seems to me that a D shaped steering wheel could be problematic in a hand over hand emergency maneuver. Maybe a D shaped steering wheel is not what it sounds like, but if it is, I wouldn't want it in a driver.

DRIVE EM, DONT HIDE EM.