06/17/10 12:33 PM
06/17/10 12:33 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline OP
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline OP
master

South Dakota
Ok here it the situation. I did not install the front end or the front brakes or plum any of the lines. The car is a 68 charger with a 440. We put the front brake kit from MBM brakes. www.mbmbrakes.com and put rear disk brakes on it from speedway motors. www.speedwaymotors.com The car has plendy of rear brakes but no front and a very weak peddle. The car has been to 3 shops trying to figure it out. The kit from mbm comes with everything except the steel lines to change over from drum to disk. One shop I am told clamped the rear axle line and then had front brakes. The other shop said it was the master cylinder and the other was stumped. A friend of the customer's said that the front and rear lines were switched and that the back was getting fluid 1st before the rear. The proportioning valve from what we can tell from MBM and the one brake shop is not adjustable. The customer did have a B&M line lock put on when the brakes were plumbed but that is not wired up just plumbed in line the way it should be. The brake kit was very strange in my view. It came with a bracket that bolted to the firewall then the master cylinder bolted to that. The end result was that the end of the master cylinder would of been about 2 inches away from the battery.So anyone have any ideas? Would putting an adjustable proportioning valve on it help? Can you use them on a street driven car? The car was and has been power bleed out several times too with no help.

Thanks
Corey

Last edited by hotairballoonpilot; 06/18/10 12:11 PM.
Re: MBM Brake question no front brakes/plenty of rear. [Re: hotairballoonpilot] #726609
06/18/10 12:09 PM
06/18/10 12:09 PM
South Dakota
hotairballoonpilot Offline OP
master
hotairballoonpilot  Offline OP
master

South Dakota
MBM brake is saying that the wrong master cylinder and prop. valve was ordered. Not our fault but our customer has paid MBM for both units and waiting to see what else will be done for him by the place we got the kit through. They say that the master we got is for a disk/drum set up and that it wont flow enough for a disk/disk set up and that the prop valve was the same thing. I will post the results when we get the parts and the out come of the customer getting refunded or not.

Thank

Contact Me about AMD Prices