Hello everyone. I am need of some Chrysler/Turbo tech info. I have acquired the 1987 Lebaron PPG Indy Car World Series Pace Car and would like to know exactly what engine/turbo/tranny it has. These are some pretty specific questions, but there is a reason...

1) 2.2 or 2.5?
2) 52 mm Throttle Body?
3) 525 or 555 Transmission?
4) IMSA Valve Ported Head?
5) Two Piece Intake?
6) Low Restriction Intercooler?
7) Larger Turbo Compressor & Turbine?
8) 400 cc Injectors?
9) Does It Look Like This Setup Is Good For 236 hp?

The reason these are important-There is no question that this car is an all out authentic Open Wheel Track Car Pace Car and has been since almost new. What I am trying to determine is whether or not it might be the missing (4 of 4) Chrysler prepped Indy 500 Pace Car as well. The above equipment was what was installed on the four Chrysler prepped track cars.

From Dave z- "I was the project engineer on the Indy LeBaron. Four cars were built, one is in the Chrysler museum, one is at the Indy museum and Al Unser, Sr. has one. I don't know where the last one is. I still have the spare keys for all four of the cars"

I know all 4 cars were red and that while the custom (and dated)PPG paintjob is flawless even after 20 years (That might explain why nobody has recognized it), there is no doubt that this car was red originally (firewall, under rear seat). I have talked with the 500 Motor speedway and Chrysler and the both tell me that they do not keep the VINS of the actual Pace Cars on file and couldn't help me. Also, this car was issued from the factory without a title. Note the two brazed on tags on the underside of the exhaust pipe, ever see anything like that before?

The VIN is also un-decodable as far as I can find....1C3BJ55E0HG105278. It IS the correct VIN but all decoders say no such VIN exists. I am wondering if this coincides with the lack of factory issue title? (Chrysler was able to confirm the VIN's existance but could tell me nothing of its history)

Maybe it is, maybe it's not. Either way any and all info about the specs will be greatly appreciated. I tried to take as many pictures (40) as I could and as of many numbers I could find. If there are other places to photo, let me know.

p.s. Any contact info on Dave A. Zelkowski would be great as well.......

Hope the link works...

http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=...sm488b4g%3D%3D