04/16/10 05:08 PM
04/16/10 05:08 PM
Missouri
68KillerBee Offline OP
master
68KillerBee  Offline OP
master

Missouri
so i finally got all of my new intake and carb on it. seat of the pants it is much faster, dad commented on it too. Many times at high rpm's the motor just kinda dies, it will like cut in and out.
Then last weekend I had it out and right under an overpass it backfired twice, scared the outta me, but it was still running. It died another time and it was cranking fine, but no fire. I have the fbo swap done to my car and their distributor set up. even on my other carburator it would kind of cut in and out. What should I look for first? these two things might not be related, but I;m thinking they are.
Tomorrow I was gonna wait until night time and check out my wires (repro original looking ones, which i've heard aren't very good). Then how do I check for spark from each component (ecu, coil, etc.?)
Like I said, one time It'll be running really well, t hen the next time it won't. O and I just changed spark plugs w/ the new carb and intake. Dunno, kind of lost and really want to drive it around without having to worry about it breaking down. But when its running right, its
And with it happening at higher rpms i wonder if it could be fuel related

Last edited by 68Killerbee; 04/16/10 05:10 PM.
Re: Back firing then not starting [Re: 68KillerBee] #671621
04/16/10 05:12 PM
04/16/10 05:12 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Got another ECU you can sub in & go for a test drive? still bad?, sub in a coil, still bad? sub in a dist (or at least swap the pickup).

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Back firing then not starting [Re: RapidRobert] #671622
04/16/10 05:14 PM
04/16/10 05:14 PM
Missouri
68KillerBee Offline OP
master
68KillerBee  Offline OP
master

Missouri
Quote:

Got another ECU you can sub in & go for a test drive? still bad?, sub in a coil, still bad? sub in a dist (or at least swap the pickup).

Ya, I'm thinking I need to go through my pile of parts. My dad's car is all taken apart in the front end so he said I can try his stuff, just hate knowing I owe someone. College kid, no money . I know I have a coil hanging around somewhere.