04/18/10 08:28 PM
04/18/10 08:28 PM
pittsburgh, pa
S
shadango Offline
shadango  Offline
S

pittsburgh, pa
We, thought I would update my situation.

Lets just say that communication isnt one of Bill Evans' strongpoints.

He had urged me to send the harness to him as soon as possible "so it doesnt have to sit" due to shows he attends. Fair enough.

So, like I said, I overnighted it, only for him not to touch it until like 5 days later (he was out of town)....He FINALLY emails me to tell me he found nothing wrong. I asked him if he noticed/double checked the two bad connections I had soldered myself and also if I would have the harness back for this past weekend.

No response at all.

Now, he is in Erie, and I am in the Pittsburgh area....even regular mail would have gotten it to me on Saturday had he sent it out the day he emailed me. So I figured I would just wait and hope I got it on saturday so I could install today.

Well, here it is Sunday night and no trace of my harness nor any emails to tell me the deal.

My car and all work on it is dead in the water.

Truth be told, after reading much of what I have read, i am losing faith about his harness....the positive battery cable I bought from him is too short to route correctly and the cable is pulling from the clamp I think....those issues plus all the problems with the harness and I am wondering if I shouldn't just bite the bullet and break out my wallet and buy another harness...this time, from M&H. And either keep the one I bought from him as a backup or sell it to someone.

One thing is for sure -- I feel very disrespected to have gotten absolutely NO response back from him since I emailed 4 days ago. Very poor customer relations.

I guess he figures he is doing me a favor by looking at it....Well, the way I see it, I have had two boughts of problematic connections with HIS product, each time fixing myself....and now a new situation so of course I want the harness gone over....Its a brand new harness and shouldnt be the SOURCE of problems...I paid $100 for a bunch of wires and connectors to AVOID harness issues!!!!!!

Yet here I am.

And Mom and pop shop or not, if you put yourself out there on the web with an email address as offering a product you should be quick to reply to customers via email! I have dealt with small shops before and had great results. CAP auto for instance? AWESOME! The guy stayed on the phone with me for a good 30 minutes discussin gall sorts of front end geometry stuff...AWESOME customer service.

And its just the opposite here.

I am so ticked right now at this guy I could spit.

Re: Who Supplies the Best Engine Wire Harnesses? #663430
04/18/10 09:03 PM
04/18/10 09:03 PM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

stay away from bill & rose evans' wiring harness, mine sucked on my a12 superbee plus it isnt correct and the leads out of the bulkhead came out twice making me pull my hair out trying to diagnosis the problem.

wow! glad i'm not the only one. my dart had a wire come loose from the bulk head and it drove me crazy finding it. think another one is loose now too. pure junk. never again. don't want to send it back becaus i may as well fix the mistakes so i know its done right.,

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: Who Supplies the Best Engine Wire Harnesses? [Re: NV69B7RR] #663431
04/18/10 09:19 PM
04/18/10 09:19 PM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

The Year Ones are the best made by M&H exclusivly for them. You can get 20% off right now too. Their prices are about the same as anywhere else especially with the discount.

how do ya get the 20% off?

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: Who Supplies the Best Engine Wire Harnesses? [Re: abodyjoe] #663432
04/18/10 10:18 PM
04/18/10 10:18 PM
Central Coast, Calif.
S
Snoopy Offline
master
Snoopy  Offline
master
S

Central Coast, Calif.
USE CODE: APRIL Good today only.

I believe Code: Moparts15 is still good.

Re: Who Supplies the Best Engine Wire Harnesses? [Re: Snoopy] #663433
04/19/10 10:18 AM
04/19/10 10:18 AM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
well i just found two more bad crimps on my wiper harness. man this pisses me off.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: Who Supplies the Best Engine Wire Harnesses? [Re: abodyjoe] #663434
04/19/10 07:43 PM
04/19/10 07:43 PM
MARYLAND
69Cuda340S Offline
master
69Cuda340S  Offline
master

MARYLAND
I bought a Year One engine/headlight harness about 10 years back. It was perfect in every way and has worked flawlessly. Great product. Exactly like original in every respect. Plug it in and forget about it.

I ordered a trans and an AC harness from Evans because Year One did not offer them. Trans harness had one wire the wrong color but it did fit. The AC harness has the wrong guage wire and one wire was way too long. Sent Evans an email and offered to send in my originals so he could duplicate them. All he said was "send them back for a refund". I even offered to pay extra and pay shipping both ways but he kept responding "send them back for a refund". He has no interest in making customers happy. I will never buy from them again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2