05/27/08 07:59 AM
05/27/08 07:59 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I HAD SO MANY RESPONSES ON THE LAST PROBLEM, I AM GOING TO TRY AGAIN, THANKS!!!

I HAVE A 69 CHARGER WITH AN A-833, IT WAS ORIGINALLY AN AUTO. I BOUGHT A WIRING HARNESS AND NEW TRANNY SWITCH FROM PASSON OR BREWERS, DON'T REMEMBER WHICH, TO WIRE MY REVERSE LIGHTS. THE ONE END IS OBVIOUS, IT GOES TO THE TRANNY SWITCH, THE OTHER END HAS 2 MALE SPADE LIKE TIPS AND 1 FEMALE SPADE LIKE PLUG. THIS HARNESS IS NOT VERY LONG! WHEN I CALLED THEM BACK TO WIRE IT THE GUY I TALKED TO SAID TO REFER TO THE FACTORY WIRING DIAGRAM, WELL I HAVE IT ON CD AND THE ONLY THING I COULD COULD COME UP WITH IS B12, BECAUSE THE WIRE IS BLUE. I HAVE TRACED THE WIRE FROM THE LIGHTS TO THE DRIVER KICK PANEL, THEN GOT SIDETRACKED. THERE IS A HARNESS THAT USED TO GO TO MY AUTO CONSOLE (LONG GONE, BEFORE I GOT THE CAR). DOES IT GET WIRED TO THAT PLUG, DOES IT GO TO THE FIREWALL? THERE ARE NO WIRES BY THE TRANNY AT ALL, SO IF THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THEY HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM ONE OF THE PREVIOUS OWNERS. SEE WHEN I GOT THE CAR THE 4 SPEED WAS IN THERE VIA A HOLE IN THE FLOOR, NOTHING WAS DONE RIGHT OR FINISHED. BUT I WANTED THE 4 SPEED, SO I WELDED THE HUMP IN AND AM TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING WORKING PROPERLY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Re: wiring my reverse lights #64377
05/27/08 09:10 AM
05/27/08 09:10 AM
chicagoland,usa
B
buildanother Offline
I Live Here
buildanother  Offline
I Live Here
B

chicagoland,usa
You should track the bulkhead wiring with the aid of a factory shop manual or equivalent. You should find the backups may use purple or lt brown wires and you should be able to get something happening under hood and not inside the car. (unless previous hacking of body harness occured)

Re: wiring my reverse lights [Re: buildanother] #64378
05/27/08 10:11 AM
05/27/08 10:11 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

yes it is purple, but should it have gone to the tranny

Re: wiring my reverse lights [Re: buildanother] #64379
05/27/08 10:19 AM
toronto canada
69chargeryeehaa Offline
pro stock
69chargeryeehaa  Offline
pro stock

toronto canada
I just got my reverse lights working on my charger r/t. terminal D and C on the bulkhead connector are for the reverse lights. When looking at the bulkhead connector, the top left terminal (D) is keyed power, and the connector to the right (C) of it is the reverse lights. The third wire is for the Neutral safety switch, it goes to the middle connector on the switch in the tranny, and the other side connects to ground on the starter solenoid.

Re: wiring my reverse lights #64380
Valencia, España
NachoRT74 Offline
master
NachoRT74  Offline
master

Valencia, España
on 3rd gens, ( and I don't think is diff on 69 ) auto tranny is wired:

from fusebox to bulkhead---white wire
from bulkhead to NSS ( tranny harness ) outer pin---black wire
from NSS other outer pin ( tranny harness )to bulkhead---black traced wire
From bulkhead to kick panel body plug ( plug to rear harness )--- white traced wire
On rear harnes to bulbs---Violet wire

so now you need to hook/match the new harness wires to the bulkhead ones I think and being now is a clutch car, the brown traced yellow that runs to starter relay must be hook to the clutch pedal switch

Last edited by NachoRT74; 05/27/08 10:26 AM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela
Re: wiring my reverse lights [Re: NachoRT74] #64381
03/30/11 08:28 PM
03/30/11 08:28 PM
Maryland
reno340 Offline
enthusiast
reno340  Offline
enthusiast

Maryland
Quote:

on 3rd gens, ( and I don't think is diff on 69 ) auto tranny is wired:

from fusebox to bulkhead---white wire
from bulkhead to NSS ( tranny harness ) outer pin---black wire
from NSS other outer pin ( tranny harness )to bulkhead---black traced wire
From bulkhead to kick panel body plug ( plug to rear harness )--- white traced wire
On rear harnes to bulbs---Violet wire

so now you need to hook/match the new harness wires to the bulkhead ones I think and being now is a clutch car, the brown traced yellow that runs to starter relay must be hook to the clutch pedal switch

Anybody have this broken down for a '72 Duster 340 Auto?

"There are only three real sports, Mountain climbing, Bull Fighting and Auto Racing. The rest are just games"
- Earnest Hemmingway

If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQJtN1_6DU