Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: EFI tanks...or just remote pump? [Re: BlakDak] #641925
03/17/10 09:29 PM
03/17/10 09:29 PM
Arkansas
hotrod98 Offline
hotrod98  Offline

Arkansas
I've been running a sump on the tank in my wife's cuda for years. Anything big enough to damage it will most certainly damage a regular tank.
Note: Don't run your return line in next to the feed line since this will cause turbulance which will result in aeration of the fuel. I run a Mallory efi pump and and a return style regulator and have never had any problems. Why spend a ton of cash when you don't have to.

1970 Superbird 4-speed, Dana, bucket seats
Re: EFI tanks...or just remote pump? [Re: BlakDak] #641926
03/18/10 12:06 AM
03/18/10 12:06 AM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Illegal where and dangerous how? The way my car sits in the back, the fuel tank is so high up there's more room between the bottom of the sump and the ground than there is between the bottom of my rockers and the ground. I'd have to back over a tree stump or a fire hydrant to hit that thing!

It's illegal in the US, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. I know nothing about Canadian law.

Unsafe, you betcha. What happens when you kick up so debris and it knocks a hose off the bottom sump setup? The whole tank dumps out.

With a top exit setup, even with an internal electric pump, you don't have that problem. With an external pump, it sucks air. With an internal pump, you shut of the key, no pump. And don't tell me there is no possibility you could kick up some debris, unless it's a trailer queen.

Hmmm, no cop has ever said anything about the cars I had them on.

Kick up debris to knock AN lines off? I dunno about you, but if its that big, I'm not going to hit it, and if I did, it'd probably take the car out.

Come on man, get real.

No kidding. Any piece of debris big enough to chop through a steel fuel line will easily puncture the bottom of a gas tank. The only place I could see a sump being unsafe is if you added a sump to a car that had the gas tank low to the ground to begin with. But with a lot of old mopars, even the bottom of the sump would not even be close to the lowest part of the car.

Re: EFI tanks...or just remote pump? [Re: Seank] #641927
03/24/10 08:02 AM
03/24/10 08:02 AM
OH
Red383 Offline
top fuel
Red383  Offline
top fuel

OH
I would go with a setup like Gdemon did. You can use that pump from Tanks Inc, and modify the tank on top, to allow room for your feul lines.

Check this thread:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rt=all&vc=1

Page 2 of 2 1 2