Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

90% of the field is Toyotas

Absolutely disgusting...

Yea,probably within the next couple of years the other 10% will be Hyundais and Maybe we will end up having the Tokyo & Seoul 500s

Either you guys are retarded or to stupid to count
Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
And bringing up the rear is Dodge 6 cars
Them NASCAR boys down south will use whatever is the best fit for the sponsor(you know the ones who make it possible to race)and has little to do with brand loyalty.
Like I always say there are only a small handful of guys in this board that can tell these engines apart without the sheet metal.There is no difference in these cars anyway so why cry about it
If Toyota can keep a team afloat for a full season putting guys like us to work in race shops then it's all good.
Gus

their really is no difference what we all think,petty corp.suck,kasey kahne is a pu** for not telling petty to go to h***when he switched over to those JUNK FORDS,I hope he wrecks his car every race he is in and a toyota wrecks him just dont want him too get hurt though.i dont know why anyone on moparts forums would be upholdin toyotas unless he/she were an uncle tom and deep down inside they were traitors too our brand.I have made a few mistakes by driving brand x vehicles but,at least,they were american built.Dang we gotta stick together either you are a mopar man or your not ya cant ride the fence

Well I don't ride any fences but I do earn a very nice living wrenching on Toyota cars and trucks for a living.With this money I buy parts from many suppliers on this board so whats wrong with that
I was trying to point out that there is NOT 90% Toyotas in NASCAR. If you knew anything you would know that GM and Ford have dominated the sport for decades.Obviously there is something wrong with Dodge because nobody wants to run them Maybe in your infinite wisdom about the auto industry you could enlighten me to the problem with Dodge and why nobody will race them in NASCAR.
Gus

You may be the one lacking reasonable intelligence.
the 90% quote was a facecious number, of course we can count.
Calling us retards and stupid dont cut it.

Only those with an open mind are capable of enlightenment and it appears you have all the answers already.

Dont you have some recalls to fix on those wonderful yoda's?

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: theclutcher] #604920
02/11/10 12:49 PM
02/11/10 12:49 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
I would love to see Dodge come out on top with little funding.

The engine quality is second to none, if any of you have ever seen the inside of these things.

But like you say Toyota is here now throwing money around like water. I thought the Dodge stuff was beautiful but I seen some internals from a toyota and Holy sh!T I didn't know engine parts could look so beautiful. But I still wouldn't buy the Toyota parts.

Brand loyalty is where it's at! If these guys would buck up and stick to their guns instead of going where the money is... Guess what?? The money wouldn't be there cause no one is going there So toyota would be offering all this money but if no one went to those stupid rice burners toyota would have nothing. But since people have no pride in this country anymore, money seems to buy your loyalty...

SDG Motorsports
Hellcat Demon and Redeye Supercharger CNC Porting
https://www.sdgmotorsports.com/
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: DemonDust] #604921
02/11/10 07:06 PM
02/11/10 07:06 PM
malvern, ohio
3ddart Offline
pro stock
3ddart  Offline
pro stock

malvern, ohio
with the low funding the dodges won't make much of a showing against the blue oval, the bull oval and the bowties. just my

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: 3ddart] #604922
02/11/10 09:03 PM
02/11/10 09:03 PM
IL
71383beep Offline
top fuel
71383beep  Offline
top fuel

IL
Just curious...

Is there any validity that NASCAR has overly regulated Dodge as compared to allowances granted to Toyota regarding spoilers, hp, drag, etc?

I remember when Toyota first entered and they had a long way to go. Now its something like 2 or 3 years now and a lot of drivers are switching to them because it seems like out of now where they suddenly became competitive.

I always thought that the France family's feud with Dodge/Plymouth never really cooled over the years which was why dodge never really has been too competitive. Here-say I know, but they did some pretty uncool stuff to Mopar back in the day.

Just curious...

'73 GK6 Challenger Rallye - 340 4-Speed
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: 71383beep] #604923
02/11/10 09:42 PM
02/11/10 09:42 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Figure into it that Toyota has more money to spend on R&D than Mopar, and the fact that much of their technology was gained from Bill Davis when he had Dodges, and the learning curve becomes a lot less steep.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: theclutcher] #604924
02/11/10 11:30 PM
02/11/10 11:30 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Yea,probably within the next couple of years the other 10% will be Hyundais and Maybe we will end up having the Tokyo & Seoul 500s

Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
Them NASCAR boys down south will use whatever is the best fit for the sponsor(you know the ones who make it possible to race)and has little to do with brand loyalty.
Like I always say there are only a small handful of guys in this board that can tell these engines apart without the sheet metal.There is no difference in these cars anyway so why cry about it
If Toyota can keep a team afloat for a full season putting guys like us to work in race shops then it's all good.
Gus

their really is no difference what we all think,petty corp.suck,kasey kahne is a pu** for not telling petty to go to h***when he switched over to those JUNK FORDS,I hope he wrecks his car every race he is in and a toyota wrecks him just dont want him too get hurt though.i dont know why anyone on moparts forums would be upholdin toyotas unless he/she were an uncle tom and deep down inside they were traitors too our brand.I have made a few mistakes by driving brand x vehicles but,at least,they were american built.Dang we gotta stick together either you are a mopar man or your not ya cant ride the fence

Well I don't ride any fences but I do earn a very nice living wrenching on Toyota cars and trucks for a living.With this money I buy parts from many suppliers on this board so whats wrong with that
I was trying to point out that there is NOT 90% Toyotas in NASCAR. If you knew anything you would know that GM and Ford have dominated the sport for decades.Obviously there is something wrong with Dodge because nobody wants to run them Maybe in your infinite wisdom about the auto industry you could enlighten me to the problem with Dodge and why nobody will race them in NASCAR.
Gus

Only those with an open mind are capable of enlightenment and it appears you have all the answers already.

Well you claim that you can count but you cannot spell The correct spelling is "FACETIOUS" and yes I have been making some great money doing re-calls Hey do you still have that flywheel for $200.00
If you do let me know
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #604925
02/12/10 12:50 AM
02/12/10 12:50 AM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Absolutely disgusting...

Chevy 18 cars
Toyota 17 cars
Ford 13 cars
Gus

Gus

Well you claim that you can count but you cannot spell The correct spelling is "FACETIOUS" and yes I have been making some great money doing re-calls Hey do you still have that flywheel for $200.00
If you do let me know
Gus

The AOA recall is my new best friend

I do think the camry in NASCAR is a joke though, and to be honest at least dodge is calling there NASCAR the same thing as there V8 rear wheel drive car unlike any of the others.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #604926
02/12/10 01:01 AM
02/12/10 01:01 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
Heck that wheel was gone for more than that a while back, should have jumped on it. Sorry.
Yeah I mispelled a word and I flunked calculus too.
Mostly due to being in a hurry with life like right now.
Gotta go, Letterman making good joke about toyota.
Oh and that word doesnt get capitalized on purpose.
It does deserve a good tho.

Havent seen the duels yet, dont know how many Dodges in.

Last edited by theclutcher; 02/12/10 01:03 AM.
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: theclutcher] #604927
02/12/10 07:18 AM
02/12/10 07:18 AM
NJ central
S
Scamp408 Offline
master
Scamp408  Offline
master
S

NJ central
How many people are a part of Moparts?
how many of them have a Chrysler product in the driveway that they use everyday?

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: Scamp408] #604928
02/12/10 11:27 AM
02/12/10 11:27 AM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

How many people are a part of Moparts?
how many of them have a Chrysler product in the driveway that they use everyday?

Mopar or no car here....

Never owned anything else

SDG Motorsports
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: Scamp408] #604929
02/12/10 11:53 AM
02/12/10 11:53 AM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
probably a majority I'd bet.
35 yrs worth here and only one merc, rest mopar.

only 3 made it in the show, feel bad for Cook, unfortunate bump.

rest assured, rules slanted to help new coming manufacturer.

cant remember details but something about new mopar eng was dissallowed a couple yrs back
when yota had similar configuration already legit.
anyone know more?

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: theclutcher] #604930
02/12/10 03:48 PM
02/12/10 03:48 PM
New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline
pro stock
scottb  Offline
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
The new motor is a completely new engine its a R6P8 motor has nothing in common with a P7 motor was brought out last yr at the end of the yr Arringtons said 50 hp better then a P7 motor

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: scottb] #604931
02/12/10 04:14 PM
02/12/10 04:14 PM
Menomonee Falls
DemonDust Offline
master
DemonDust  Offline
master

Menomonee Falls
Quote:

The new motor is a completely new engine its a R6P8 motor has nothing in common with a P7 motor was brought out last yr at the end of the yr Arringtons said 50 hp better then a P7 motor

It's a bad a$$ looking engine too!!

SDG Motorsports
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: DemonDust] #604932
02/12/10 06:37 PM
02/12/10 06:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kasey Kahne had an R6P8 engine at the end of last year and this year he's carrying on about how much more power he has with Ford powerplant!

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? #604933
02/12/10 07:31 PM
02/12/10 07:31 PM
St.Louis, Mo.
M
mokid Offline
enthusiast
mokid  Offline
enthusiast
M

St.Louis, Mo.
I believe its just Chrysler/Mopar they give 2 shits about the performance end of the company, I have called Mopar support many times a could not get 1 question answeared, did not have a clue on thier own products, and this has been a fact for at least 25 years, just look what happen to race teams like Patterson,and several others that put millions in the Pro Stock Trucks doing R D with the R3 W8 motors, mopar made deals with thiem to develope and build motors, they bought 100s of thousands of dollars in machinary on the promise that mopar would sell their parts and Mopar pulled out leaving alot of companies in dept. I know NHRA had something to do with it also but come on. I love Mopar but I really don't know why.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: mokid] #604934
02/12/10 07:55 PM
02/12/10 07:55 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
I have always been a Mopar fan and I used to root for Sterling Marlin when he ALMOST pulled it off. I always hope Mark Martin can do it and finally win a championship but then he said it himself "I wont put a guy into the wall to win a race" and if you aren't willing to put a bumper on a guy once in a while you will NEVER win a championship.I hardly ever watch a race anymore ever since the COT crap.I didn't like it when the ASA series went to a "spec" engine and computer
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: scottb] #604935
02/13/10 11:42 AM
02/13/10 11:42 AM
Charlotte, NC
L
LSP Offline
pro stock
LSP  Offline
pro stock
L

Charlotte, NC
Quote:

Arringtons said 50 hp better then a P7 motor

Not true.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #604936
02/13/10 11:44 AM
02/13/10 11:44 AM
Charlotte, NC
L
LSP Offline
pro stock
LSP  Offline
pro stock
L

Charlotte, NC
Quote:

I hardly ever watch a race anymore ever since the COT crap.

The spoilers are coming off in a few races.

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: LSP] #604937
02/13/10 04:06 PM
02/13/10 04:06 PM
Ohio
T
theclutcher Offline
top fuel
theclutcher  Offline
top fuel
T

Ohio
any more pics and details of the R6P8?

Re: Only 6 Dodges in Nascar? [Re: mokid] #604938
02/13/10 04:11 PM
02/13/10 04:11 PM
las vegas
70AARcuda Offline
master
70AARcuda  Offline
master

las vegas
Quote:

I believe its just Chrysler/Mopar they give 2 shits about the performance end of the company, I have called Mopar support many times a could not get 1 question answeared, did not have a clue on thier own products, and this has been a fact for at least 25 years, just look what happen to race teams like Patterson,and several others that put millions in the Pro Stock Trucks doing R D with the R3 W8 motors, mopar made deals with thiem to develope and build motors, they bought 100s of thousands of dollars in machinary on the promise that mopar would sell their parts and Mopar pulled out leaving alot of companies in dept. I know NHRA had something to do with it also but come on. I love Mopar but I really don't know why.

nhra pulled the plug on the class...mopar had nothing to do with that...many of the prostock truck owners sued nhra and nhra settled with them ..undisclosed...

Tony

70 AARCuda Vitamin C
71 Dart Swinger 360 10.318 @ 128.22(10-04-14 Bakersfield)
71 Demon 360 10.666 @122.41 (01-29-17 @ Las Vegas)
71 Duster 408 (10.29 @ 127.86 3/16/19 Las Vegas)
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4