01/25/10 08:14 AM
01/25/10 08:14 AM
In the tower
RonTheAnnouncer Offline OP
master
RonTheAnnouncer  Offline OP
master

In the tower
Just got back from the Norwalk banquet, and one thing Billy mentioned was that as racers, we need to step up and thank track sponsors, as well as those who give out special prizes. I've been guilty slacking on this over the years, so I sent off a thank you email to Eddie Blankenship from Chrysler Classic last night for contibuting the prize I won at the banquet. I would encourage everyone here to thank those who contibute prizes and/or money to your local tracks and the races we attend. There is a great deal of effort that track owners and promoters put into securing this cool stuff for us to win (and I think NO ONE works harder than the Bader family). Times are tough, and it's getting harder and harder for businesses to justify the expense and time to give product away. Make sure when you win something that you let them know you appreciate it...even if you might sell the item down the road.

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Re: Thanking sponsors [Re: RonTheAnnouncer] #593423
01/25/10 12:22 PM
01/25/10 12:22 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline

BROOK PARK, OH
Very well put. We can't take our sponsors for granted. If we do, we all will lose.

Re: Thanking sponsors [Re: WILD BILL] #593424
01/25/10 12:56 PM
01/25/10 12:56 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
You would really be surprised on how little amount of thank you's we get from all of our door prizes, racer sponsorships, race sponsorships, raffle prizes, etc. This year we nearly cut out all "freebies". The promised return of publicity and other said advertising was almost null. We know it's "only " a wire set, but for a small company trying to grow and survive, it gets tuff. Nice post bud..

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: Thanking sponsors [Re: sunroofgtx] #593425
01/25/10 04:26 PM
01/25/10 04:26 PM
Oregon
sg66mopar Offline
pro stock
sg66mopar  Offline
pro stock

Oregon
Well, Koffel's isn't technically a "sponsor" but I do want to thank them for getting my new "Fall Sale Priced" B1 heads out to me in a timely manner and for offering the Moparts discount on top of the sale!

Scott's been pretty helpful with a lot of my "stupid" questions also.

Re: Thanking sponsors [Re: sg66mopar] #593426
01/25/10 06:09 PM
01/25/10 06:09 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
WILD BILL  Offline

BROOK PARK, OH
Quote:

Well, Koffel's isn't technically a "sponsor" but I do want to thank them for getting my new "Fall Sale Priced" B1 heads out to me in a timely manner and for offering the Moparts discount on top of the sale!

Scott's been pretty helpful with a lot of my "stupid" questions also.

Yours,

Just imagine what he goes through with me.

I can't thank him enough

Re: Thanking sponsors [Re: sunroofgtx] #593427
01/25/10 10:23 PM
01/25/10 10:23 PM
In the tower
RonTheAnnouncer Offline OP
master
RonTheAnnouncer  Offline OP
master

In the tower
Quote:

You would really be surprised on how little amount of thank you's we get from all of our door prizes, racer sponsorships, race sponsorships, raffle prizes, etc. This year we nearly cut out all "freebies". The promised return of publicity and other said advertising was almost null. We know it's "only " a wire set, but for a small company trying to grow and survive, it gets tuff. Nice post bud..

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. A quick email, phone call, or "testimonial" letter to a guy like Rick and Firecore can mean the difference between a chance to get door prizes or contingency money, and no chance at all. Make sure the companies that help you out and support our hobby know you appreciate their efforts.

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper