01/24/10 11:27 PM
south central,Pa
mopar_to_ya Offline
pro stock
mopar_to_ya  Offline
pro stock

south central,Pa
Quote:

It's easy to tell you have sour grapes ronnie since you tell people to buy from a COPY CAT!
Don

This is the first I've heard of the copycat thing. What's this about?
As far as the money spent;
I have bought (2) sets of upper arms, different strut rods, a second set of spindles, different wheels, tried other bushings, different shocks, and at least half a dozen front end alignments. And I did this willingly as I was told to try this stuff to eliminate different scenarios(sp?). My only sour grapes is the fact that it still isn't perfect after lots of dollars and 5 yrs later. Nothing else.
I DON'T GET WHERE I'M THE BAD GUY HERE!!!
There is obviuosly problems with them or the production wouldn't have stoped.
ALL I WANT IS MY S#!T TO WORK, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE.
And besides that, my car is closing in on the 150 mph mark on a little tire and leaf springs. Not sure what your car runs like, but maybe the faster you go you may or may not have a problem, I don't know. I'm glad yours works, just wish mine did too.
I just know my car has a problem, and it's NOT the car or anyone who has worked on trying to help fix it. And there are a few others with the same problem, and all we ever ask for was to fix the problem.
That's pretty simple, I think. But that's just me.

Take care

Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: FASTFISH420] #588728
01/24/10 11:35 PM
01/24/10 11:35 PM
south central,Pa
mopar_to_ya Offline
pro stock
mopar_to_ya  Offline
pro stock

south central,Pa
Quote:

Did you ever fix the brake shimmy???I have been dealing with the same problems since day one..I have all the updated stuff and even spent the money for the 2.25 front wheels and still have the shake..last time I talked to Rob about it..he told me to try the alterkation adjustable strut rods..I am thinking about trying them..

any thoughts..

Hey Chris,
I tried the factory strutrods, and they seemed a little worse than the aluminum strutrods. I'm going to put Bill Reilly's this year. I have the 2.25 wheels too. Still the same. I'll keep you posted if anything fixes it.

later

Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: cudadon] #588729
01/24/10 11:50 PM
01/24/10 11:50 PM
south central,Pa
mopar_to_ya Offline
pro stock
mopar_to_ya  Offline
pro stock

south central,Pa
Quote:

I guess it's true that there are 2 sides to a story.. BECAUSE THAT ISN'T THE STORY I HEARD!!

Probably wouldn't be, depending who your friends are. And I'm not really interested in hearing your side of the story and getting into this again. It's not worth getting ticked off about.
I'm over it!

But you are welcome to come down this way and I'll show you my parts list and receipts, and anything else you want to see. No problems here.
I have nothing to hide and no reason to lie about anything.

Take care
God Bless

Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: mopar_to_ya] #588730
01/25/10 12:07 AM
01/25/10 12:07 AM
Hamilton,Ont
72chrgrally Offline
top fuel
72chrgrally  Offline
top fuel

Hamilton,Ont

Quote:

NO way have I spent ANYWHERE NEAR even $450 on parts alignments etc.

when I asked Rob about the updated steering arms he told me that he wanted close to $500 for them without new ball joints. I'm sorrry if there is a design issue with something you made you don't try and gouge for your customer to get the fix.

As far as BondoBob's k being a copy cat, come on man, any good fabricator can come up with a similar design without even seeing an LRT. It's a good thing Bob has done his reasearch and tested his parts extensively before taking any money for his parts. The parts are good, the use of torsion bars is unique to it's design and it fits a niche, but he has to stand behind his products and help those that have problems.

Quote:

who did the pipe in your car

I did, I'm planning to 25.5 the car over the winter if I get some time.
Steve

Photobucket sucks
Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: 72chrgrally] #588731
01/25/10 07:20 AM
01/25/10 07:20 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

As far as BondoBob's k being a copy cat, come on man, any good fabricator can come up with a similar design without even seeing an LRT.

In one of Bondo's threads on here Rob accused him of stealing his steering arm design. To me, Bob's were not that close to Rob's, and Rob's are not that much different than the AJE ones I have, or the ones a buddy of mine built for his Valiant 10 years ago.

I had Bob make some one-off ball joint cups for my Daytona. I had an idea in my head what they should look like, but just let Bob do his thing. He made them exactly how I was thinking they should be. Did he steal my idea, or is it just the fact that there are only so many ways you can do something?

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: PUNK] #588732
01/25/10 08:39 PM
01/25/10 08:39 PM
LOWELL IN
Q
QWK_ENUF Offline
top fuel
QWK_ENUF  Offline
top fuel
Q

LOWELL IN

5759741-smallfront.bmp (165 downloads)

WAXER
Re: LRT Tubular k-members. [Re: slantzilla] #588733
01/25/10 09:12 PM
01/25/10 09:12 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Quote:

Quote:

As far as BondoBob's k being a copy cat, come on man, any good fabricator can come up with a similar design without even seeing an LRT.

In one of Bondo's threads on here Rob accused him of stealing his steering arm design. To me, Bob's were not that close to Rob's, and Rob's are not that much different than the AJE ones I have, or the ones a buddy of mine built for his Valiant 10 years ago.

I had Bob make some one-off ball joint cups for my Daytona. I had an idea in my head what they should look like, but just let Bob do his thing. He made them exactly how I was thinking they should be. Did he steal my idea, or is it just the fact that there are only so many ways you can do something?

Monte Smith built a tubular K member for his GTX around 1994 or earlier. Who's came first???

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3