B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I too have read Dave's book and find a lot of it that I don't agree with either. He(Dave) talked with a friend of mine recently, about doing a class at my friends shop and during the conversation, even Dave admitted he needed to update some of his info, as it was dated and things had changed quite a bit, since he had spent much time at the track. Dave Morgan is a smart man, no doubt, but does that mean we should all take what he says as the absolute gospel, of course not. His opinions are just that, opinions, same as the rest of us and not everyone will agree. So Quicktree, you can do it however you want, but just because I choose to do it differently, does not mean I am wrong, or that you are wrong, just different.

And as far as an "explanation", I have posted countless times, why I do it the way I do it, but you always seem to forget that part. Maybe if I had a pretty drawing I could call on everytime someone asked, I might be called the "expert"....

Monte

I hope I have never said you were wrong. I don't recall saying that anyway. it's obvious that your method works but still can't see any benefit to doing it that way. you asked for a link to tests do you have any links to your private test sessions? Monte you know I admire your work and have deep respect for your knowledge. I love to learn new things and follow your posts. there are plenty on this site who disagree with you on this subject but don't post in fear of getting attacked as you have seen over the years I have thick skin and say what I think

You are missing the whole point here dude. YOU are the one who is adamant, that their way is right. When this comes up and BG or myself explains the way we do it, you produce your Rossler drawing and Dave Morgan statements and present that as the "right" way to do it. You don't present your way as "another idea", only as the "right" way. So the way I see it, if yours is the only "right" way, that makes the rest of us wrong in your eyes. Now here is the main point. I don't care, how you, Dave Morgan, or anybody else, sets their pinion angle, nor do I care if anyone else here disagrees with me, nor do I have any data other than experience. It is anybodys perogative to agree or disagree with mine, or any other opinions and I surely don't sweat it if they do. When posters ask for opinions, I give mine. I have done it this way for years, never had an issue and it works for me. And while I agree with the Rossler sheet for a streeter, I do not for a race car. You will also notice that I don't even post on the pinion angle threads anymore, because it is a waste of my time. The only reason I am commenting here, is becauuse I got dragged into it.

Monte

Yeah Tony,didn't the fact that Monte and I agreed on something turn a light bulb on in you little mind?I jump in all the time for the entertainment.I love the t-shirt idea,only I would have a picture of you skydiving with out a parachute and a caption saying"Dave did it this way" J/K

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Monte_Smith] #553061
12/17/09 06:34 AM
12/17/09 06:34 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I too have read Dave's book and find a lot of it that I don't agree with either. He(Dave) talked with a friend of mine recently, about doing a class at my friends shop and during the conversation, even Dave admitted he needed to update some of his info, as it was dated and things had changed quite a bit, since he had spent much time at the track. Dave Morgan is a smart man, no doubt, but does that mean we should all take what he says as the absolute gospel, of course not. His opinions are just that, opinions, same as the rest of us and not everyone will agree. So Quicktree, you can do it however you want, but just because I choose to do it differently, does not mean I am wrong, or that you are wrong, just different.

And as far as an "explanation", I have posted countless times, why I do it the way I do it, but you always seem to forget that part. Maybe if I had a pretty drawing I could call on everytime someone asked, I might be called the "expert"....

Monte

I hope I have never said you were wrong. I don't recall saying that anyway. it's obvious that your method works but still can't see any benefit to doing it that way. you asked for a link to tests do you have any links to your private test sessions? Monte you know I admire your work and have deep respect for your knowledge. I love to learn new things and follow your posts. there are plenty on this site who disagree with you on this subject but don't post in fear of getting attacked as you have seen over the years I have thick skin and say what I think

You are missing the whole point here dude. YOU are the one who is adamant, that their way is right. When this comes up and BG or myself explains the way we do it, you produce your Rossler drawing and Dave Morgan statements and present that as the "right" way to do it. You don't present your way as "another idea", only as the "right" way. So the way I see it, if yours is the only "right" way, that makes the rest of us wrong in your eyes. Now here is the main point. I don't care, how you, Dave Morgan, or anybody else, sets their pinion angle, nor do I care if anyone else here disagrees with me, nor do I have any data other than experience. It is anybodys perogative to agree or disagree with mine, or any other opinions and I surely don't sweat it if they do. When posters ask for opinions, I give mine. I have done it this way for years, never had an issue and it works for me. And while I agree with the Rossler sheet for a streeter, I do not for a race car. You will also notice that I don't even post on the pinion angle threads anymore, because it is a waste of my time. The only reason I am commenting here, is becauuse I got dragged into it.

Monte

I feel the same exact way dude

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553062
12/17/09 06:36 AM
12/17/09 06:36 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Monte

Yeah Tony,didn't the fact that Monte and I agreed on something turn a light bulb on in you little mind?I jump in all the time for the entertainment.I love the t-shirt idea,only I would have a picture of you skydiving with out a parachute and a caption saying"Dave did it this way" J/K

no not really, just 2 old geezers doing what they do best

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553063
12/17/09 06:38 AM
12/17/09 06:38 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Yeah Tony,didn't the fact that Monte and I agreed on something turn a light bulb on in you little mind?I jump in all the time for the entertainment.I love the t-shirt idea,only I would have a picture of you skydiving with out a parachute and a caption saying"BG and Monte did it this way" J/K

there I fixed it for you

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553064
12/17/09 06:43 AM
12/17/09 06:43 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

I jump in all the time for the entertainment

bingo some people haven't figured that out yet look at the hits

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553065
12/17/09 06:54 AM
12/17/09 06:54 AM
Worst Weather USA
493_DART Offline
master
493_DART  Offline
master

Worst Weather USA
I ALWAYS RUN AT LEAST A 13 DEGREE DOWN PINION ANGLE .

BASED ON AN EQUATION DERIVED FROM THE TORSION BAR ANGLE ADDED TO THE TRUNK LID DEGREE.

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: 493_DART] #553066
12/17/09 06:57 AM
12/17/09 06:57 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

I ALWAYS RUN AT LEAST A 13 DEGREE DOWN PINION ANGLE .

BASED ON AN EQUATION DERIVED FROM THE TORSION BAR ANGLE ADDED TO THE TRUNK LID DEGREE.

you are the man I am using that method from here on.

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: TS3303] #553067
12/17/09 12:30 PM
12/17/09 12:30 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Hey BG, let's take up a donation for Tony's new shirt instead of sending him one of yours......On the front will be a pic of the cover Dave Morgan's chassis tuning manual, complete with 82 camaro pic and dust from being in the drawer for 20 years ......on the back, a snapshot of Rossler's pinion angle check list, including tranny fluid stains from previous tailshaft failures. What do you think?? Mike

paypal sent......

front

I would wear that if you put the Quicktree racing over the left pocket. by the way I am not the person who introduced the rossler charts and crap to the site and when I repost them it's for instructional purpose for those who choose to set theirs with this method not to say who's wrong or right

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553068
12/17/09 12:39 PM
12/17/09 12:39 PM
SE Michigan
TS3303 Offline
top fuel
TS3303  Offline
top fuel

SE Michigan
I feel for the ones who genuinely are looking for help setting pinion angle. I have never read Dave's book so I don't know what he suggests. I know how/why I personally do it and will continue doing it that way. But these threads sure are fun.

5673305-PA.jpg (23 downloads)
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Quicktree] #553069
12/17/09 12:43 PM
12/17/09 12:43 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey BG, let's take up a donation for Tony's new shirt instead of sending him one of yours......On the front will be a pic of the cover Dave Morgan's chassis tuning manual, complete with 82 camaro pic and dust from being in the drawer for 20 years ......on the back, a snapshot of Rossler's pinion angle check list, including tranny fluid stains from previous tailshaft failures. What do you think?? Mike

paypal sent......

front

I would wear that if you put the Quicktree racing over the left pocket. by the way I am not the person who introduced the rossler charts and crap to the site and when I repost them it's for instructional purpose for those who choose to set theirs with this method not to say who's wrong or right

Mike,I'am sending Tony a picture of "the angle of my dangle" a hope he can get it to nose up to the proper relationship of the imput of the tranny tail.Also a couple of stained BGR shirts that can be checked for DNA.Tony has to take all the blame for these long running threads on pinion angles cause this is the only thing that gets anyones attention to him.To all those who are scratching their heads trying to use his method,thank him for screwing up holidays and giving them the"shaft"

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553070
12/17/09 05:17 PM
12/17/09 05:17 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida
ROLMFAO

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: blown572dart] #553071
12/17/09 05:48 PM
12/17/09 05:48 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

thats it, I need attention

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Blown71X] #553072
12/17/09 06:26 PM
12/17/09 06:26 PM
Sebring, Florida
M
Mopar Grandpa Offline
top fuel
Mopar Grandpa  Offline
top fuel
M

Sebring, Florida
This topic is done...who is up for a 509 cam discussion

A 509 camshaft???? How do you get that much duration?? And where can I buy one?

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Mopar Grandpa] #553073
12/17/09 06:53 PM
12/17/09 06:53 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

This topic is done...who is up for a 509 cam discussion

A 509 camshaft???? How do you get that much duration?? And where can I buy one?

Ok,just another "shaft job"

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: B G Racing] #553074
12/17/09 10:16 PM
12/17/09 10:16 PM
Lebanon,IN
M
mr2performance Offline
super stock
mr2performance  Offline
super stock
M

Lebanon,IN
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better , my old dusty 1985 dave morgan chassis tuning manual comes out of retirement, maybe this is the "data" he was referring to.......hmmmmmmm

MR2PERFORMANCE RACE CARS 765 483 9371
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: mr2performance] #553075
12/17/09 10:17 PM
12/17/09 10:17 PM
A tad North of Indy
B
Blown71X Offline
super gas
Blown71X  Offline
super gas
B

A tad North of Indy

Blown71X V2.0 under construction 71 Cuda 383 4-SPD (maybe for sale) 2010 Challenger B5 Classic
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Blown71X] #553076
12/17/09 10:22 PM
12/17/09 10:22 PM
Lebanon,IN
M
mr2performance Offline
super stock
mr2performance  Offline
super stock
M

Lebanon,IN

MR2PERFORMANCE RACE CARS 765 483 9371
Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: mr2performance] #553077
12/17/09 10:31 PM
12/17/09 10:31 PM
Orlando Florida
blown572dart Offline
master
blown572dart  Offline
master

Orlando Florida

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: mr2performance] #553078
12/17/09 10:39 PM
12/17/09 10:39 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better , my old dusty 1985 dave morgan chassis tuning manual comes out of retirement, maybe this is the "data" he was referring to.......hmmmmmmm

you must just look at pictures and don't read anything Dave has stated that is they way they done things back in the 60s. he has said many times after testing and solving many vibration and drive train issues he found it not to be correct in his opinion. he now recommends setting of of the motor/tranny center line. nice try though. it must really make you think also take a look, the motor/tranny center line is on the same line as the drive shaft......

Re: Dave Morgan chassis seminar a success [Re: Blown71X] #553079
12/17/09 10:41 PM
12/17/09 10:41 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline OP
I Win
Quicktree  Offline OP
I Win
Q

Quote:

monkey see monkey do

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11