enthusiast
vcummins  Offline
enthusiast
V

mi
Quote:

Quote:

don't wast your time

V - Is this because you've tried it w/ no success, or because of what you saw while doing wet-flow testing, or ???

I have experimented with this and it was A wast of time but I know that on A mopar head it don't work. so maybe not A wast of time if ya don't test things ya don't learn. The wet flow was horrible and was washing the chamber.and it looks like to me that it was doing the same thing on the poco chamber to..That head was cleaned (they claim they did not clean it) but it was cleaned by hand or it was fuel wash cleaned so it was running vary wet with fuel not good. the chamber should not look like that clean with black spots? I think not. looking at that chamber they stop the cut at the top of the plug. Not good I can see if the head was wet flow tested the fuel would flood the spark plug. the plug is to low (shrouded) Not good for flame travel and A big hole for fuel to puddle. the ground strap on the plug should never be by the intake valve.
The chamber should have A lite brown and dry.test like you would A spark plug shut off at the end of A run and pull plug go in and look at the chamber.

dorsal fins can help greatly to help swirl to direct air behind push rod junction. A stock mag head has one on the floor.

I know to much info sorry

Re: "Dimpled" combustion chambers? [Re: vcummins] #531885
09/28/10 04:01 PM
09/28/10 04:01 PM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
It seems to me that fuel injection is the way to go..... Now having said that, I wont do it either.... Annular boosters seems to be an easy-er thing to test and fool with but when you think about it how do you atomize the pump shot from any carb any way, the dimples have some science behind it but the testing and results are hard to prove, then just think about the variables involved as per application... but it is a interesting topic

Page 2 of 2 1 2