10/16/09 02:02 AM
10/16/09 02:02 AM
Calif, USA
V
viperrt Offline
viperrt  Offline
V

Calif, USA
My experience not good. A brand spankin' new BG inline fuel filter put together incorrectily!!!! QC not good. Fortunately we did not destroy a BG fuel pump because of the filter being manufactured incorrectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: viperrt] #498195
10/16/09 07:57 AM
10/16/09 07:57 AM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
Well this is not good news, I am no major BG fan but have used his products with good results, it seems there products are not perfect but show me someones that is, I respect the fact they haven't gone overseas for their labor and materials and that fact alone will keep me purchasing their stuff.In recent years this country has lost a huge part of its work force for large corp. profits, my hat is off to the guys that keep the bucks over here

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: emarine01] #498196
10/16/09 08:45 AM
10/16/09 08:45 AM
On the south side of Nowhere
S
S/ST 3040 Offline
master
S/ST 3040  Offline
master
S

Filing bankruptcy is just the short version of "legally" NOT having to pay outstanding debts!

That includes their suppliers who furnish pieces for the finished product, boxing materials,
outsourced vendors, etc. In other words, the people who are still trying to stay in business
but, now have to eat whatever the "bankrupt" party stuck them with.

So, thanks for keeping it in th USA, where [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]
rolls downhill and passing the buck continues to take it's toll on everybody else.

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: BloFish] #498197
10/16/09 10:12 AM
10/16/09 10:12 AM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
dupicate

Last edited by TechAtBG; 10/16/09 10:12 AM.

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com
Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: TechAtBG] #498198
10/16/09 10:17 AM
10/16/09 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must admit the Demon carb i had was a piece of crap...

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy #498199
10/16/09 10:31 AM
10/16/09 10:31 AM
The Wet Coast, Canada
megajoltman Offline
master
megajoltman  Offline
master

The Wet Coast, Canada
I have been through this with a few corporation and lets just say "the writing is on the wall".Good luck because your going to need it.

1969 Dart 383/727/D60

CTD Ram 4x4 Mega Cab

Procharged 350Z
Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: S/ST 3040] #498200
10/16/09 10:35 AM
10/16/09 10:35 AM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
Quote:

Filing bankruptcy is just the short version of "legally" NOT having to pay outstanding debts!

That includes their suppliers who furnish pieces for the finished product, boxing materials,
outsourced vendors, etc. In other words, the people who are still trying to stay in business
but, now have to eat whatever the "bankrupt" party stuck them with.

So, thanks for keeping it in the USA, where [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]
rolls downhill and passing the buck continues to take it's toll on everybody else.

Hey Vic, I see your point, but bankruptcy is not always a total cop out on your responsibility to pay back, some times it just stretches out some time, Unfortunately in this messed up economy time helps but what helps one man sometimes hurts another, If you look at the big picture BG could gone off shore years ago and had a lot larger profit margin, but he kept it all here, Just don't buy BG and Holley look a likes at walmart next year cause that's what started this mess to begin with

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: emarine01] #498201
10/16/09 10:44 AM
10/16/09 10:44 AM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
Those type of carbs will never die...dont worry, for every carb manufacture goes out in US, another small sweat shop in China opens up to make the same product.

Clinton wast really a bad President, but we received a hard core pork'n with that Free Trade Agreement.

Love'em or hat'em ( I like them)
I hope they prosper, through out these combatant times.

Last edited by Bob_Coomer; 10/16/09 10:44 AM.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: Bob_Coomer] #498202
10/16/09 10:52 AM
10/16/09 10:52 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

what I don't understand is he could run a multi million dollar race team but now can't pay the bills

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: Quicktree] #498203
10/16/09 11:06 AM
10/16/09 11:06 AM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
In today's world a million bucks is just a drop in the bucket,I can understand the logic behind a racing parts guy sponsoring his own race team, As long as BG is not taking all the money and shoving it in his pocket like wall st, while other people are gettin screwed, A profitable co. can be zippin along one quarter and dead the next, its really getin tuff out there

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: VernMotor] #498204
10/16/09 11:10 AM
10/16/09 11:10 AM
Connecticut
5126brl No more Offline
top fuel
5126brl No more  Offline
top fuel

Connecticut
Hey Why not him too!
I am already bailing out a bunch of others who lived beyond their means so what is one more.

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: Quicktree] #498205
10/16/09 11:11 AM
10/16/09 11:11 AM
S
S/ST 3040 Offline
master
S/ST 3040  Offline
master
S

I was always under the impression that bankruptcy meant, CLOSED DOWN
and sell off assetts to cover as many debts as possible.

If you can't pay your mortgage, you don't get off waving a document
that says BANKRUPT at the bank. Hell no! They take your home!

I think it takes some serious balls to claim how much business is
booming since you don't owe the people for any of their previous
products, services, etc. If BG is getting out of their obligation
to their suppliers to stay in business, they can go piss up a rope!

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: S/ST 3040] #498206
10/16/09 11:37 AM
10/16/09 11:37 AM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
I am not a lawyer and have never filed for bankruptcy but I think there are several types and laws, then it goes thru the courts, in recent years they have made it harder to bail out on the bucks in the courts, I think its even different state to state, I think the general term <bankruptcy> is very vague and it just sounds plain bad

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: emarine01] #498207
10/16/09 12:07 PM
10/16/09 12:07 PM
Europa, Estonia
Georg Offline
super stock
Georg  Offline
super stock

Europa, Estonia
I wish best luck to everybody at Barry Grant!
Best carburators at market for sure!

Outlaw Plymouth Valiant R5/P7 Powered by Liuzzo Racing COMP Performance Group dealer in Baltic Premium Performance
Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: S/ST 3040] #498208
10/16/09 01:52 PM
10/16/09 01:52 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

There are several types of bankruptcy both personal and in business depending upon the individual situation. Lets compare it to a personal bankruptcy. You have a house that is only worth market value now due to the economy and the car you are driving is paid for but only worth a couple of grand but you have 20k in credit card bills. Economy is rocking along and you are taking home 2k a month and paying all of your bills. Now lets say you got layed off or had to take a job making 1/2 what you were. Your bills haven't changed and you are able to keep them up for awhile but at some point you start getting behind. You file bankruptcy and because there is no equity in your house or car they let you keep both of them but you get rid of the credit card bills. Now that you are making 1/2 what you were prior you are able to get by with your current salary.

Although we have been profitable at the reduced rate of business we are doing with the economy in the shape it is ,we have not been able to make enough headway on the older obligations [much like the credit carb example above]and this is the next step once we lost the short term credit line.It had been pulled once prior and we managed to squeek through but not this time.It is however not the end of us and we should come back as strong or stronger then before .

Many business have filed chapter 11 , GM ,Chrysler , the airlines and many more as well as some of our competitors . Holley is on their 2nd filing in less then a couple of years and I understand Edelbrock just layed off a large number of employees so it really cant be contributed back to one person or action imo.

Last edited by TechAtBG; 10/16/09 02:06 PM.

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: TechAtBG] #498209
10/16/09 02:04 PM
10/16/09 02:04 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Here's a little more indepth explanation of Chapter 11 for those who had some questions.

The entire text can be found here:
http://money.howstuffworks.com/personal-finance/debt-management/bankruptcy2.htm

Chapter 11 - Business Bankruptcy
State Laws
In addition to the federal bankruptcy laws, each state has its own provisions for handling bankruptcies within that state. For the most part, the differences have to do with income and debt limits that debtors must meet to be eligible for filing under each chapter. There are also differences in the time limits given for reorganization plans, income subject to liquidation, exempt assets and other details. In the past, these differences led debtors (particularly corporations) to "shop around" for the state with the best possible terms. The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 requires anyone filing for bankruptcy in a state to have lived in that state for two years prior to the filing.
Companies choose to file Chapter 11 because its long-term revenues will be higher than the liquidation value of the assets. This way, creditors can get more money back if they allow the debtor business to reorganize and work out a payment plan. The business becomes a debtor in possession, maintaining control and ownership of their assets and continuing their regular operations. At this point, there is usually no trustee.

A company that declares Chapter 11 must disclose all of its assets and make a list of all the debts that it is seeking protection from. This is the creditors' right to question the debtor, a fundamental part of bankruptcy law. In cases involving millions or billions of dollars, this step alone can be incredibly complex. The creditors also meet with the debtor.

If the bankruptcy court finds that there has been fraud or gross mismanagement on the part of the debtor, they can appoint a trustee, who will take over the operations of the debtor for the duration of the proceeding. The business continues to operate as normal, but the original owner is no longer in control. The trustee appointed to a specific bankruptcy may be different from the "U.S. Trustee." While federal bankruptcy courts are in charge of the proceedings, the Department of Justice also assigns a U.S. Trustee to each district. The U.S. Trustee serves as a watchdog over bankruptcy cases and may act as the trustee in a proceeding.

While under Chapter 11, a company can only make the usual sales and purchases that are part of its standard business operations. For example, it can't buy out another company, sell off a division of the company, or sell a major piece of equipment or property without approval from the court. It can't undergo a major expansion, either.

In all Chapter 11 proceedings, a creditors' committee represents the majority of the unsecured creditors, and negotiates the best possible payment options for them. Large-scale cases may have multiple creditors' committees, each representing different groups and factions of the creditors. Stockholders can also form a committee.

At this point, the debtor formulates a plan to reorganize its debts. This plan can be a simple as a payment plan. With larger bankruptcies, companies may take many steps to reorganize their debt. They might offer stock to some creditors. A retail business might have to close stores, lay off employees, or renegotiate union contracts. One of the major provisions of Chapter 11 allows a company to void many of its contracts, including union contracts, contracts with suppliers, and real estate leases.

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: TechAtBG] #498210
10/16/09 02:37 PM
10/16/09 02:37 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Many good companys are feeling the effects of todays economy.Being in the heavy construction business as well as operating BGR We see many good companys file for chapter 11 reorganization.When a bank or loan institution calls in a demand or short term note the owners may not have any choise but to file as to not lose the company to the creditors or sell out to satisfy the debt.That they can seek temporary relief and keep the company afloat ensuring the employees of their jobs and the future of thier company.Not in all cases is the debtor trying to avoid it's debts in many cases they are able to pay the debt over a structured period of time and negotitate interest and penalties similiar to what millions of private people do with credit card debt.Not all companys that file are bad companys and some come back more viable than before.Good luck to BG and his employees.

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: S/ST 3040] #498211
10/16/09 02:43 PM
10/16/09 02:43 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: Challenger 1] #498212
10/16/09 03:42 PM
10/16/09 03:42 PM
Columbia, CT
M
moper Offline
I Live Here
moper  Offline
I Live Here
M

Columbia, CT
Well said BG. This is a business decision forced by our economy. If you're irritated by it call your representatives or vote for a new one that isnt a lawyer or career politician...

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
Re: Barry Grant Inc. files bankruptcy [Re: moper] #498213
10/16/09 04:14 PM
10/16/09 04:14 PM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
Whats up with tying Barry Grant to the whipping post on this forum anyway? Did I miss something Sure we all get pissed when parts fail but in my world that happens all the time with all vendors, Ya just learn to work it out,I cant see why anyone would have anything but respect for the guy from what Ive heard, sure I have some bad pressure regs sittin in a box but that's not a good reason to trash the guy What about all the big corps goin over seas and hangin the American worker out to dry for stock profits, think about Chinas rising middle class and our current middle class situation, I think there is a lot to be said for the guys that try to make it here and keep Americans working

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3