R
radar Offline OP
top fuel
radar  Offline OP
top fuel
R

Philadelphia
Howdy

I have a 72 demon I've been driving and working on for a year or so. I have been upgrading or fixing everything as money and time allow. I went to atco with the setup as I bought it and ran low 16's. I wanted to go faster! For a first v8 project I'm doing pretty well not mismatching engine parts, but even for a newb the chassis seems pretty confused. The car is my daily driver, but I hate when a wrx or whatever gets the best of me. I am getting close to being happy with the new engine's tune and I want to go run again and get at least low 13's as a new driver with street tires.

Heres my setup:
homebuilt 408 smallblock 375-450hp to wheels?
iron 833od
8.75 w/ 4.11sg
aluminum radiator, heads, intake, m/c
battery in trunk
full interior
1" torsion bars
stock front swaybar
stock front rally wheels 205/75/14
aftermarket rallys on back w/ bfg 275/60/15
new ss springs
kyb shocks
lifting shackles on lowest hole (from previous owner)

So my car is pretty fast and fun in the street, tires don't rub, sticks good in corners. I'm happy with all of that. I just can't help but wonder what the car would do if I set it up to get good weight transfer (skinny t-bars, drop the lifted rear, drag shocks) and if it would be less fun to drive daily, or if it would maybe pull the wheels a little...

At the least I want to get the rear down some but I'm afraid of rubbing the tires. A little rake looks evil but I don't want to look like an '80s refugee.

I know you guys have made these changes and back again, so what are some opinions on this stuff?

Thanks
Kevin

Re: Next step for chassis? [Re: radar] #478344
09/24/09 03:19 PM
09/24/09 03:19 PM
Col. Ohio
T
The Avg. Valiant Offline
super stock
The Avg. Valiant  Offline
super stock
T

Col. Ohio
The more race you get with it, the harder its going to be on the street. To have a race car on the street you give up alittle of the racing aspect. If you have a street car you want to race, youre going to give up some streetability. Now im not saying its going to be less fun either way, but these are all decisions you have to make in the end. It doesnt matter what all of us think, in the end its what youre happy with. By the way, the WRX and Evo's can lay down 12's with a chip and injector change, so dont be mad if some of them can lay it on you, because some of us have been there whether we admit it or not.