09/20/09 04:39 PM
09/20/09 04:39 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
it was stated in the first article that the remaining countdown contestants would be "inspected" later in the weekend, No big surprise since it was announced.

Re: PRO STOCK IMPOUNDS CONTINUE [Re: plasticfantastic] #473504
09/20/09 08:14 PM
09/20/09 08:14 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I'm going to say the same thing I've said everywhere else!! No frigging way.
I don't give a damn if the entire supreme court walks into my pit area.
No one is getting my $200,000 or $20 car alone to do whatever the hell they feel like.
Who in the hell do they think they are, and who would even think someone would allow that crap!!!!
Inspection is not a problem, it's their ball, their rules.
Leaving my car unattended is not and will never be acceptable.

Re: PRO STOCK IMPOUNDS CONTINUE #473505
09/20/09 09:24 PM
09/20/09 09:24 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

I'm going to say the same thing I've said everywhere else!! No frigging way.
I don't give a damn if the entire supreme court walks into my pit area.
No one is getting my $200,000 or $20 car alone to do whatever the hell they feel like.
Who in the hell do they think they are, and who would even think someone would allow that crap!!!!
Inspection is not a problem, it's their ball, their rules.
Leaving my car unattended is not and will never be acceptable.

remember the gate you went through to get into the track? well thats how you get to leave the track too, have a good day.

its pretty simple, do it or dont race, puff your chest up and say, I dont know who you think you are... and they'll make sure you know who they are, you pull out and when you came back, they'd make sure you remembered your place in the big scheme of things, never going to come back? there are 5 guys passing you at the gates as you leave to take your pit spot.
its pretty easy to be this outraged and say NO WAY, from this side of the keyboard huh? but if its your sponsors, your job, and everything that goes with being a professional racer... I bet you'd be upset but they'd get your car unattended.

Re: PRO STOCK IMPOUNDS CONTINUE [Re: plasticfantastic] #473506
09/20/09 10:41 PM
09/20/09 10:41 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Just asking, but if you tell the NHRA to stuff it, where will you race your $200K+ car with any chance of TV time or prize money? Your sponsors like TV time I'm sure.

IHRA is supposedly cutting their P/S field to 8 cars for next year. You can spend another $100K+ to take a chance on not making the field there.

When you apply for a competition license you agree to play by their rules.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: PRO STOCK IMPOUNDS CONTINUE [Re: slantzilla] #473507
09/20/09 11:13 PM
09/20/09 11:13 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Let's see, car count's the lowest it's been in years. Sponsors at the lowest number in years.
Cost's at the highest level ever. Tickets and crew fee's at the highest point ever.
Nothing like great timing and treating your so called members in an association like crap.
Adrl has free entry for car & crew. IHRA is a dead joke.
Who in their right mind would even think to ask a multi-million dollar operation to leave their property unattended??
Chest thumping, no, common sense yes. Plus I pay every nickle out of my pocket.
So maybe I don't trust someone poking around my hard earned money unattended.
Especially when you expect me to then let my driver (ME) jump into a 200 mph monster, after you've been poking around at who knows what??
Now I have to check every nut, bolt, setting, fitting, connection ect ect, before sending the car down the track.
At least if I was standing there, I would know what was or was not touched.

My point entirely is & always will be, grow the sport. Don't piss off the sponsors, fan's or the teams.
As I said, check ihra, great to dead in how many month's?? Teams need to stick together, tired of being treated like crap, do something.
They claim to be an association, and we are members.
What possible reasoning is acceptable that they need to inspect the car's in secret?? Maybe I just don't see why it needs to be done that way??