09/19/09 08:54 PM
09/19/09 08:54 PM
pa
L
lboggie Offline OP
lboggie  Offline OP
L

pa
Hey has anyone used painless wiring system to hook up a car? Is is it difficult, my wiring system melted and failed and looking for wiring or maybe going with this product please advise if possible.

Re: painless wiring? [Re: lboggie] #472923
09/19/09 09:04 PM
09/19/09 09:04 PM
Carson City, NV
B
babarracuda Offline
pro stock
babarracuda  Offline
pro stock
B

Carson City, NV
I used painless in my 67 Cuda. It has plainly marked wires. If you don't have any electrical experience it might be a little hard. Read carefully and take you time.

Re: painless wiring? [Re: lboggie] #472924
09/19/09 09:11 PM
09/19/09 09:11 PM
Roswell, GA - near Atlanta
cloneguy Offline
super street
cloneguy  Offline
super street

Roswell, GA - near Atlanta
I always say that Painless wiring isn't painless for the guy who has to install it.

If you just want a few basics to work, go for it. But, you probably won't be happy until you go back to stock.

The fact is that stock wiring isn't as bad as most people think. All of the plugs fit where they are supposed to and there aren't really very many mistakes you can make. Just be sure you get a good harness with all of the plugs on it to start with.

It's cheaper to get a used OEM harness, it will work better and you'll learn not to be afraid of wiring after doing it just once.

The only problem is that all of your friends will want you to help with their electrical problems!

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: painless wiring? [Re: lboggie] #472925
09/20/09 09:38 AM
09/20/09 09:38 AM
Arizona
PolyDart Offline
super stock
PolyDart  Offline
super stock

Arizona
My Painless setup was anything but. Three different circuits were mis-wired from the factory... Since they believed the problem had to be with what I did they were no help troubleshooting the system.

Well, almost no help. They did send me an additional wiring diagram so I could see how it was supposed to be wired from the factory. Once I had that, I rewired two switches and a couple feeds in the fuse/relay block which had been flipped at the factory.

If their stuff had been wired properly it would have been painless... It's hard to screw up when the wires have writing on them telling you exactly where they go. Well except for the accessories circuit their description of what to do with the accessory wiring was very vague.

For what you pay for their stuff it should be Painless.