Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: maundmotorworks] #463515
09/09/09 04:21 PM
09/09/09 04:21 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
It's not the pushrods it's the tips.I too use better pushrods on something with a ton of spring on it.My own street car with a little old 590 roller eats the tips like candy.It has weak old spings on stock 452 heads.I put these on their because I had them in stock.Yes, I agree 100% that nothig is a stright bolt on.But when I see a problem with a product as simple as pushrods on a non race motor that is not good.LET ME BACKUP(the tips on the pushrods are Junk)I have answered how it fix the problem for a ton of people with great luck.So everyone that has had a problem with this pushrods ,we are all dumb a$$es.Lenny

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: 8secDart] #463516
09/09/09 04:38 PM
09/09/09 04:38 PM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
They sell these kits with there rockers, and push rods to give you a warm feeling on a complete package. We know that the rocker arms are in adequate for roller spring pressures, we now know the push rods are too. I knew this, some do some dont. I agree they wouldnt put these push rods in there crate engines, or personal engines. Thats why the list T&D and Jesel Upgrades on the price sheet, Im pretty sure they list uograded push rods also. Push rods doesnt seem to be a hot topic, on here. On the other hand Comp pushrods and other brands seem to work ok with .080 wall, but...
Lets look more that the push rod them selfs for a minute, and stop pointing fingers.
These Indy head RB engines are the longest of long push rods. What works in a 9" tall deck small chevy or ford, doesnt always work in Mopar engines when overall push rods length reaches 10" over all. Im sure push rod deflection will be a bunch more on the same push rod given a extra few inches in length.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: viperblue72] #463517
09/09/09 04:44 PM
09/09/09 04:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463518
09/09/09 04:47 PM
09/09/09 04:47 PM
Houston, Texas
TheOtherDodge Offline
master
TheOtherDodge  Offline
master

Houston, Texas
so what springs come with the heads????

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: TheOtherDodge] #463519
09/09/09 05:20 PM
09/09/09 05:20 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
With so many good dealers right here on moparts why deal direct?I know dealers are better to deal with since they can take the time to help you get the correct parts and most time even give you better pricing.Tim Bowman,Todd Marsh,Dan Costello,Dwayne Porter,Mike Ware are just a few.I'am sure there are dozens more here.Start a post as to who are dealers and you will be surprised. These are great people with a wealth of knowledge and are at your fingertips.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463520
09/09/09 05:50 PM
09/09/09 05:50 PM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
I think the Indy guys should be a little more up front when selling, If some one buys heads with springs that are too stiff for the push rods supplied they should have a note or recommendation on what they know works best, selling products that will have a high failure rate in a application is just bad business

Last edited by emarine01; 09/09/09 05:50 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463521
09/09/09 05:54 PM
09/09/09 05:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard a lot of folks complain about Indy parts and service and I have to wonder why . They are the ones that made it possible to build a 800+ HP wedge. It is mandontory however to machine and fit the parts corectly. There is no way anyone should expect to just bolt a motor of that horsepower with off the shelf parts.. Indy pushrods were designed to work with many different combos with one standard "cut to fit" kit that comes in there top end motor package. Do you realize how many different lengths they would need to stock to fill everyones needs?? I am sure that if you bought a complete motor from them over 528cu.in. it would not have cut to fit Indy pushrods in it. It sounds like you may have other issues causing the pushrods to break...

Indy products make Mopar racers much more competive..

5472632-PRP1.jpg (25 downloads)
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463522
09/09/09 06:10 PM
09/09/09 06:10 PM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Quote:

They are the ones that made it possible to build a 800+ HP wedge.

Did you forget about Koffel's Place? The B-1's were around before Indy.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: sixpakdodge] #463523
09/09/09 06:23 PM
09/09/09 06:23 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
They are a ton better, I've used both.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: camastomcat] #463524
09/09/09 07:56 PM
09/09/09 07:56 PM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
Every one of you Dealers and engine builders would inform,advise or steer me in the correct direction with my build as a decent vendor or even a decent mopar man..if i was on the phone with you and was building a 572ci Indy maxx motor with 440-1 CNC"d- 14CR and was sending you my "KIT PUSHROD" to cut to length, you would cut them ?? or would you inquire and raise the point that maybe these are not going to live in that type of motor ??? All I'm asking is that someone who creates and sells a great head would want to fix, modify, solve any problems or weak areas in the product line...thats not to much to ask..if these guys are so good at what they do, why drop the ball if there is a area that needs improvement... ELDEBROCK heads at least say spring ratings are only good to .600 lift.but at least they are up front and address the limits of their springs. those guys at Indy are too arrogrant for their own good..you vendors that deal with them and say you get quality service, thats great!!!.. what im saying is if you put as much effort towards Indy and making some sugestions to them as you do defending them or their business practices maybe they would make some small changes in the product line or at least make notes that buyers are able to see,read and know about.. calling me ignorant is not the problem..having someone from Indy address some of the issues that seems to haunt this website..reading post from the little guys that helped to get them those nice new houses and cars.. would be something i would be interested in doing as a business owner..knowing the direction of my business would be important to me... as i would think would be to everyone..

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463525
09/09/09 09:53 PM
09/09/09 09:53 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Every one of you Dealers and engine builders would inform,advise or steer me in the correct direction with my build as a decent vendor or even a decent mopar man..if i was on the phone with you and was building a 572ci Indy maxx motor with 440-1 CNC"d- 14CR and was sending you my "KIT PUSHROD" to cut to length, you would cut them ?? or would you inquire and raise the point that maybe these are not going to live in that type of motor ??? All I'm asking is that someone who creates and sells a great head would want to fix, modify, solve any problems or weak areas in the product line...thats not to much to ask..if these guys are so good at what they do, why drop the ball if there is a area that needs improvement... ELDEBROCK heads at least say spring ratings are only good to .600 lift.but at least they are up front and address the limits of their springs. those guys at Indy are too arrogrant for their own good..you vendors that deal with them and say you get quality service, thats great!!!.. what im saying is if you put as much effort towards Indy and making some sugestions to them as you do defending them or their business practices maybe they would make some small changes in the product line or at least make notes that buyers are able to see,read and know about.. calling me ignorant is not the problem..having someone from Indy address some of the issues that seems to haunt this website..reading post from the little guys that helped to get them those nice new houses and cars.. would be something i would be interested in doing as a business owner..knowing the direction of my business would be important to me... as i would think would be to everyone..

And I say you are repeating yourself for the third? time, and if directed at Dram, he was very forthcoming and delicate in his prompt and candid reply, and likely decided this thread is a lost cause and butted out, and I think that was a wise decision that I am going to emulate.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: jcc] #463526
09/09/09 10:35 PM
09/09/09 10:35 PM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
And I say you are repeating yourself for the third? time, and if directed at Dram, he was very forthcoming and delicate in his prompt and candid reply, and likely decided this thread is a lost cause and butted out, and I think that was a wise decision that I am going to emulate.

JCC.. thats probally best for you to copy-cat someone else and chim out...my comments werent directed at Dram per say.. he was the one who chimed in on Indy's behalf assuming that i had done something wrong or didnt know all info needed to build a motor of this quality..and voiced his opinion..which he is entitled to.. as are you.. as am I..i did have help building this motor and some very good help at that.some of you guys are missing the point and think this is all about bashing Indy... i have said many time in these Indy threads that i do like their products for the most part.. the problem is why wont they take time to correct the issues that they do have instaed of treating their customers like Crap..if they dont want to deal with the public then they need to close their doors to the "walk-in JOE" and only sale to Vendors...and since the vendors seem to get a better responce it makes sence that maybe someone would listen to them before they are going to listen to the guys that they are so short with on the phones...

Last edited by BILLYJAY; 09/09/09 10:37 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463527
09/09/09 11:09 PM
09/09/09 11:09 PM
Diego-Town, CA
Diego_Ted Offline
master
Diego_Ted  Offline
master

Diego-Town, CA
I don't think this thread is going to address any issue that has not been discussed. Here is my take . For the most part, Indy for whatever reason feels it does what it needs to do in order to stay in business. Many reputable vendors on here have said, deal with them and let them deal with Indy, as they have better business to business dealings with them. Anyone who has been on this board for any length of time knows it is a crap shoot to deal directly with Indy and does so knowing their customer service to the general public leaves much to be desired. So take the advise of many on here and deal with a reputable vendor who deals with Indy on a regular business. In doing so the vendor has a vested interest to get it right the first time and knows of problems that have come up in the past and maybe has a way of avoiding them. If you choose to deal directly with Indy you know there are issues you may have to address and will probably have to spend a good deal of time to rectify the situation. That’s just the way Indy chooses to do business, and it seems it works for them?

If anyone else has a point that has not yet been addressed on this thread I will gladly unlock it so that point can be made.

Diego

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3