Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
Why cant we get a Thread that address Indy and their products on this site.. i have been a member for 7 years or so and all i can ever rememeber is indy always has a thread going on... I want to know since there are so many people having issues with Indy and some of their products (but mainly their customer service or lack of) why we cant get some of the Indy dealer on this site to help us address these issues with Indy directly ???? I love their heads and really like my block.. but why should i have to buy 11,000 worth of alum product only to install a Cheap, thin walled pushrod ??? any head that is capable of making 900Hp should come with a strong and duarable pushrod.. i should not have to continue to dig peices of the cups out of my engine...i know i dont stand alone when i say this has gone on long enough.. why wont some of you dealers and Moderators help us out with a thread strictly for and to Indy and have someone address these issues ???we need the dealers to speak up on our behalf and convey that they should try to correct some of the issue that are a constant..I bet the dealers of their products dont get the kind of treatment that us little guys get..other wise close your doors to any customers beside your dealers and we will elt you guys deal with those JERKS over at INDY !!!!! Come on guys.. who's seconds my suggestion ???

Last edited by BILLYJAY; 09/08/09 10:38 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463476
09/08/09 10:41 PM
09/08/09 10:41 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
It's not necessary. You deal with the engine builder/dealer, and they are good and bad. Bob George is an Indy dealer and his integrity is absolutely beyond reproach. But, you call Flagle or Lazzari and all you will get is P.O.'d.

The fact is that their stuff is good...and guys run real fast with it. My advice is to find a good engine builder that has good relationships with them and let them handle it.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463477
09/08/09 11:03 PM
09/08/09 11:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i understand your plight, but it's possoble in your case it's not all indy's fault. i don't mean any disrespect, but consider this for what it's worth.
many people attemp to build their own engines without having either the experience or expertise to see it through without having problems. in your case it sounds like you bought a kit that included the pushrods. now, before you assembled said pushrods, did you check the wall thickness? did you decide it was ample for YOUR application? who assembled and installed them? maybe you didn't know that an .080 pushrod was not good enough? this isn't a slam on you, but you have to take some blame on this one, dodn't you.
when in doubt, ask questions. i'm think (and i could be wrong} that you simply didn't know any better. if that's the case you wouldn't be the frst one. lots of people use their pushrods and don't have any issues. personally, i choose not to use them at all, but that's just a personal preference. if i had sold you a top end kit, you WOULD NOT have gotten their pushrods with it, i guarantee it. i feel bad for what your going through, but a thread TO indy and ABOUT indy, or to the dealers, isn't going to solve anything IMO. i hope you get it sorted out without any magor damage.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463478
09/08/09 11:20 PM
09/08/09 11:20 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
Quote:

i understand your plight, but it's possoble in your case it's not all indy's fault. i don't mean any disrespect, but consider this for what it's worth.
many people attemp to build their own engines without having either the experience or expertise to see it through without having problems. in your case it sounds like you bought a kit that included the pushrods. now, before you assembled said pushrods, did you check the wall thickness? did you decide it was ample for YOUR application? who assembled and installed them? maybe you didn't know that an .080 pushrod was not good enough? this isn't a slam on you, but you have to take some blame on this one, dodn't you.
when in doubt, ask questions. i'm think (and i could be wrong} that you simply didn't know any better. if that's the case you wouldn't be the frst one. lots of people use their pushrods and don't have any issues. personally, i choose not to use them at all, but that's just a personal preference. if i had sold you a top end kit, you WOULD NOT have gotten their pushrods with it, i guarantee it. i feel bad for what your going through, but a thread TO indy and ABOUT indy, or to the dealers, isn't going to solve anything IMO. i hope you get it sorted out without any magor damage.

See that is the problem right there.It is always the other persons fault.The pushrods are junk........Heads that are sold ready to run and the guides are so damn tight that in 3 seconds of run time the exhaust valve is pinched.Must I go on?I do love their stuff but some people are sick of getting it in the rear.

Please take that $hit somewhere else.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463479
09/08/09 11:22 PM
09/08/09 11:22 PM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
This is what i'm talking about DRAM..you as a dealer of whatever products are pushing blame else where and not addressing my question or concern.... i as a consumer expect some level of help and advise with any purchase that invloves this type of HP or money...as i stated above.. if these heads are capable of producing 900+hp then one would think that there are some serious springs and cams involved..Right ??? you say you wouldn't sale these pushrods with a topend kit ... Why not ??? because you know they are inferior and not near what is needed to cover the range of these heads..Correct ???? thats what i'm asking..is that some people that has some input with indy speak up and out to them to address these issues..if i had known that these pushrods were not capable of handling what i was building then do you really think i would have bought them ??? i have spent 40K building my car and buying and using the best parts for my application.. why then would i be cheap on a set of pushrods?? i do have experience with engines but i am no master mechanic and dont think anyone would expect to buy quality products from a vendor and then get some cheap part to try to make it work.. knowing all the trouble they have had with these items alone, why wouldnt something be done..???? if you were saling a cheap and inferior product and kept getting call after call with issues. would you investigate ?? or close your ears to the problem and continue to sale crap to the people who not only rely on you for quality products but your help and knowledge with the very items that you sale...is that too much to ask ??? I DONT THINK SO.. *****************************************************************STEVE,,I'm Not looking for an engine builder to deal with ..what i want is for indy to back their products and correct and flaws or cheap parts with a quality product that people are always haning trouble with... your missing the point.. dealers will still have to make it right and get anther set from indy..i dont want ANOTHER set..i want a set that will handle the hp that they are making.. and the springs that we are using...thats all...

Last edited by BILLYJAY; 09/08/09 11:26 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463480
09/08/09 11:47 PM
09/08/09 11:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i know it's not what you want to hear, sorry.
your missing my point. it's not a matter of placing blame, i tried not to offend you, or anyone else. obviously i didn't succeed. unfortunately you didn't answer any of the questions i asked.
for a lot of people, .080 wall pushrods would be just fine. i don't like their pushrods, but people do use them successfully. they didn't work for you obviously, but why? please don't say "because they're junk". think it through and be honest about it.
i deal with aftermarket parts 16 hours a day, 6 days a week. anybody in my business can tell you stories about most any brand of part out there. the majority of them simply don't bolt on "out of the box", and most need something done to make them useable. if your running 750 lb springs, .080 wall pushrods won't get the job done. a lot of people might buy the same kit with lighter springs and have no issues at all. like it or not, the end user also has to accept some responsibilty for using the correct parts for the application. yes, they sold you a kit, did they install the springs on the heads and if so, at what pressure where they set up at? or, did someone else set up the heads? there's plenty of blame that can go to Indy for a lot of different reasons. i'm not sure this is ALL their fault simply because i don't know the answers to the questions i previously asked. shoot the messenger if you wish, but it's not personal, I'm simply asking questions and conveying my thoughts as someone that see's this stuff day in and day out.
mis- machined parts drive me, and guys in my profession absolutely looney tunes. i've been raked over the coals right here on Moparts numerous times for speaking my mind about some of them, and i'm sure it'll happen again in this thread because i'm not posting the ever popular, "lets bash Indy" response.

Last edited by DRAM_Perf_Only; 09/08/09 11:52 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: 8secDart] #463481
09/08/09 11:58 PM
09/08/09 11:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

See that is the problem right there.It is always the other persons fault.The pushrods are junk........Heads that are sold ready to run and the guides are so damn tight that in 3 seconds of run time the exhaust valve is pinched.Must I go on?I do love their stuff but some people are sick of getting it in the rear.

Please take that $hit somewhere else.

as a "hot rod shop" you know that pretty much nothing is ready out of the box, especially cylinder heads, and that is regardless of brand. i deal with world, dart brodix, AFR, edelbrock and on and on. every head comes apart and gets inspected and corrected as needed. it's not like that issue is privy Only to Indy so please give me a break with your last comment.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463482
09/09/09 12:21 AM
09/09/09 12:21 AM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
Dram, again i am not looking for a bash Indy Thread.. i am looking for a vendor that stands behind their product and is willing to talk with their customer about their products and the application it will be used in..sure there is plenty of blame to go around.. and you dont offend me or even bother me with your comments.. but again you are missing the big picture and question..if their heads are capable of producing 900hp and they sale it all in a kit.. then why wouldnt the pushrods also beable the handle 900hp or the spring ratings that are used to reach these numbers ???if you make a "one size fits all" kit. then it should cover all bases...why would someone buy a 5200.00 alum block and a 5400.00 set of alum heads, a 572ci assembly and then WHAT run a .590 hyd camshaft???? Give me a break..your comments are noted, but you are sounding just like the men i'm talking about..you sale a product that wont stand up to 900+hp and then want to make us feel like chumps because you wont admit that there is a problem with sometime in your KIT...Correct it and make customers happy as most people that have or use indy products are happy with them.. So to finish. i dont need to answer your questions because my comments cover the problem.. a cheap pushrod bound together in a "KIT" thats wont handle the Hp rating of the heads..thats my complaint..now why dont you call Indy and explain to them why you will sale their products but wont sale or use their pushrods...this is the help WE are looking for.. some one to speak to the guys at Indy and maybe make them understand there is a problem with these items....

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463483
09/09/09 12:58 AM
09/09/09 12:58 AM
communist bloc of new jersey
J
jamesc Offline
master
jamesc  Offline
master
J

communist bloc of new jersey
i'm not taking any "sides" in this and know basically nothing about your build. having said that relying on a vendor to always give you the "correct" parts will get you in trouble real fast. depending on what cam and spring pressures you're running if you have the "as shipped" rockers on there imho you better plan on getting rid of them as well. afaik for the most part these days most stiffer valve train setups are using ball/ball. personally i don't think .080 wall on any roller setup is really a good idea. rollers need spring pressure to keep the motion under control. stiff springs and long .080 wall rods can lead to things flailing around. the b1 head package comes with dove rockers and they're not up to the task of a decent cam/spring setup...i learned that the hard way. i feel one reason vendors offer these "packages" with the aformentioned parts is to make them attractive pricewise. basically with either of these "packages" the stuff you really need is a grand over the cost of the package. i think they should offer the upgrade and advertise it. some people use those kit rockers but most end up trashing them and i would rather spend more money up front to get the right stuff.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463484
09/09/09 01:02 AM
09/09/09 01:02 AM
Flint, Michigan
B1Fish540 Offline
master
B1Fish540  Offline
master

Flint, Michigan
I hate to say it, Billy, but protesting just wont do you any good when it comes to Indy. All the dealers know which side their bread is buttered on..so they will back Indy albeit, occasionally with a caveat..such as: "Dont buy direct from them..go through a dealer". Look at all the posts ol' Elvis made on this subject...and yet to no avail. I look at the 2 and 3 page ads in Mopar Muscle of Indy stuff and am amazed at the sheer volume of cool crap they have! Trouble is alot of guys do the same thing and think they can buy that stuff and screw it together themselves...and it does'nt seem to matter to Indy whether you buy a set of cast iron SB heads or a high end set of 572-13s....they treat you with same level of care (or lack of it). It is a crying shame it has to be this way, but it is what it is.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: jamesc] #463485
09/09/09 01:10 AM
09/09/09 01:10 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Not siding with anybody here either, but just because the heads you bought are capable of making 900hp, does not mean everybody who buys those heads will be making that power. If you want to be an engine builder, you should know that .080 wall pushrods are not going to get it done at a 900hp level. I don't really see this as Indys fault, just because it was in the kit. Would it be their fault if you put more cam in, than their installed height would allow? The vast majority of these decisions fall to the engine builder, not the guys who make the parts. If Indy had done that motor in house, it would not have those pushrods in it. I am not at all defending Indy, because sometimes their customer service is lacking, but they do make good parts, if used properly.

I am not an INDY dealer, but I do use their parts at times. I have also used the kit pushrods and rockers, with absolutely zero issues, but i know the limitations of those parts. Sure, INDY could sell a kit with a high dollar set of Manton or Smith Brothers pushrods, but then, they would get bashed because their kit was $100 bucks more than somebody elses.

Monte

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B1Fish540] #463486
09/09/09 01:11 AM
09/09/09 01:11 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOrk ! Offline
The village idiot's idiot
dOrk !  Offline
The village idiot's idiot

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

"Dont buy direct from them..go through a dealer".

And MY question would be ... WHY is Indy - or any HP parts vendor that has a Dealer or WD program - selling DIRECT to the consumer ?

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463487
09/09/09 01:20 AM
09/09/09 01:20 AM
land of 10,000______'s
B
BDS871Cuda Offline
top fuel
BDS871Cuda  Offline
top fuel
B

land of 10,000______'s
It's all about the money $$$$$. Indy is for making
money. They know these kits are _____, but they
put a package together that is not to much $$$$
to sell there big seller (Heads). All the other stuff they have to buy, and don't make as much
money on. People get into some very high dollar
stuff not knowing there is way more to be spent
on top of your big investment.

They could sell you just a set of heads and before
you know it, bam!!!! you have $10 G's in them.
But they would rather sell a bolt them on and go kit. It looks like a good deal untill you bolt
them on and it goes south.

It's all snake oil. Everything out there is made
somehow someway to catch the eye. Indy does it
very well with fancy adds, catchy magazine adds,
the big tent at the races and carshows. They tell
you over the phone that Edelbrock heads are junk
because they want you to buy there heads to make
more money. But, they know some people will not
pay there crazy price for there heads, so to keep
the customer, they offer Indybrocks and still make money, just not as much if you would of
bought there EZ heads or whatever.

Kits forsale!!! Get your kits here!!!!

Snap your neck, mega G-force launch, is all I want!
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BDS871Cuda] #463488
09/09/09 01:51 AM
09/09/09 01:51 AM
WA 98043
thecarfarmer Offline
super stock
thecarfarmer  Offline
super stock

WA 98043
One thing I don't understand is why an Indy distributor would bother to respond on this thread.

Not trying to be an A-hole (I don't have to try ), but if I've already bought my Indy stuff elsewhere, and then run into problems, why should Dram, Fast68, BG, or any of the other reputable guys here go to bat for me?

I bought three orders of parts from a lower-priced manufacturer who sponsors this board, without going thru a dealer. I had issues on all three orders. I figured it was between me and that company to get it all worked out.

Luckily, they took care of the problem all three times - but it wouldn't have been the responsibility of anyone who sells their products to help make it right.

As far as BILLYJAY's pushrod problem, yeah, I feel ya'. You don't want to know how many problems I've had with 'drop-in- type parts on my build... and it's just a Stealth-headed stock block street engine. Not to speak of all the 'going backwards' I did, learning that parts I'd bought wouldn't work with other parts I'd bought.

I agree, I'd expect that a guy selling a top end kit would match pushrods to the springs installed on the heads. If I changed springs, then I'd expect that the durability of the pushrods would be in question. If not, then I'd feel I had a complaint if they weren't up to it.

My comment to Indy is: remember, we can buy Brodix.

Maybe that'd be a good thing if more of us did. I bet if the mopar enthusiasts all quit bending over for them, at some point, Indy's ownership would become much more responsive to customer satisfaction.

Just my .02

-Bill

Seduce the attractive, and charm the rest. ****** 489 C.I.D., roller cam, aftermarket heads, tunnel ram, stock '54 Dodge rear axle assembly: which of these doesn't belong?
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463489
09/09/09 02:12 AM
09/09/09 02:12 AM
IL
E
EchoSixMike Offline
mopar
EchoSixMike  Offline
mopar
E

IL
I was gonna do EZ's but then did my due diligence research and wound up with original B1's. Capitalism works just give it time. S/F....Ken M

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: EchoSixMike] #463490
09/09/09 03:54 AM
09/09/09 03:54 AM
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
I am always amazed by hot rodders who want products at the cheapest possible price, make the most HP, and are durable/ hassle free! Like the ole joke goes...Pick 2!!

When I first bought my Edelbrock RPM's, I took them to my machinist, and had them gone over, first thing he told me was the supplied springs tested really week. So, I ended up upgrading the springs and retainers before they were even bolted on.

I bought my 440-1's from a friend who had the kit on a shelf for a few years, when I picked it up he said, "Sorry, I can't find the pushrod kit yet". I said, "Quit looking, I wasn't going to use them". Likewise with the rockers, after watching my brother break nearly 2 sets 1 rocker at a time over a 3 year period, I knew mine would be sold as spares immediately.
Would Indy's kit be better if it came pre-packaged with T&D rockers and Smith Brothers pushrods?? Of course!!! Could they compete in the free market place against B-1's and Edelbrock, if they had a 5000$ entry level price point?? uh, probably not!!

I'm not saying you did anything wrong. I am saying with a little more research, you would've found that your expectations for the "as supplied" pushrods, and Indy's customer service, were unrealisticly high.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463491
09/09/09 07:02 AM
09/09/09 07:02 AM
wappinger falls new york
J
Jimi_Vignogna Offline
mopar
Jimi_Vignogna  Offline
mopar
J

wappinger falls new york
Quote:

for a lot of people, .080 wall pushrods would be just fine.

dram you build engines all the time i see you post about them when a new build is done, my question is do you install .080 wall pushrods in any thing you build? i won't use anything less than .120 even on a stock engine. and this is not to blast you im just wondering your opinion.

oh and by the way i will blast indy every chance i get after my hemi cylinder head fiasco with kenny and russ.i will not stop untill i at least get an apology on the roughly $8000.00 loss i took. those two are the most incapeable s.o.b's on the planet ! they screw up all the time and refuse to be accountable. someone like yourself that uses there product and sells alot of it should speak up about it to others and to them. maybe they will start to listen and get there minds straight.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463492
09/09/09 07:34 AM
09/09/09 07:34 AM
South Carolina, United States
C
carolinacuda Offline
carolinacuda  Offline
C

South Carolina, United States
Well my engine is a basic mild 440 making Maybe 550 hp (not 900hp)and the pushrod failed me and also one of their rockers causing damage. Now, who should be responsible for this (me of course) but i do feel like I spent alot of $$ on weak parts. I hate rude people. I called them and I try to be polite when i call one of these vendors I always start the conversation out with "Good evening (or morning) how u doin today" Last time I called INDY I started the conv that way and the response was "Im busy and other lines are waiting, what do u need" I said never mind and hung up!! Of course I wanted to curse that SOB out. I called HUGHES and got what i needed. Of course they werent much nicer but tolerable. These people obviously dont care about us!

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: Steve1118] #463493
09/09/09 08:04 AM
09/09/09 08:04 AM
Fredericktown, PA 15333
maundmotorworks Offline
Stealth poster
maundmotorworks  Offline
Stealth poster

Fredericktown, PA 15333
Quote:

It's not necessary. You deal with the engine builder/dealer, and they are good and bad. Bob George is an Indy dealer and his integrity is absolutely beyond reproach. But, you call Flagle or Lazzari and all you will get is P.O.'d.

The fact is that their stuff is good...and guys run real fast with it. My advice is to find a good engine builder that has good relationships with them and let them handle it.

Steve, you are absolutely right. I am not an Indy distributor, but I am a builder and have built countless engines with Indy's product line, and I've never had a major problem with their stuff. Sure, you get a minor problem here or there, and anytime I've called Indy they've been nothing but professional and courteous to me. Maybe I'm the lucky one out of the bunch here, I don't know, but a very important fact remains. Nothing mass produced through the aftermarket is a direct bolt on. Anyone who thinks that it is or thousands of dollars makes it so watches too much Spike TV and reads too many Hot Rod magazines. When a part gives a person trouble, the builder or the manufacturer is always the first to get the blame or get bashed. And while there are certain cases where it is indeed justified, typically it is the owner/installer that is more defective than the part. And it's the person that doesn't want to admit they made a mistake or doesn't know what they thought they did, so instead they bash everyone else but themselves. I find it really odd that I've gone on other forums and talked to many customers and colleagues in my business and I don't see nearly the amount of bashing as I see here. I can't help but wonder why that is...

Maund Motorworks--supplier of high performance Mopar engines--specializing in B, RB, and Hemi. www.maundmotorworks.com
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463494
09/09/09 08:09 AM
09/09/09 08:09 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: Jimi_Vignogna] #463495
09/09/09 08:37 AM
09/09/09 08:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

for a lot of people, .080 wall pushrods would be just fine.

dram you build engines all the time i see you post about them when a new build is done, my question is do you install .080 wall pushrods in any thing you build? i won't use anything less than .120 even on a stock engine. and this is not to blast you im just wondering your opinion.

oh and by the way i will blast indy every chance i get after my hemi cylinder head fiasco with kenny and russ.i will not stop untill i at least get an apology on the roughly $8000.00 loss i took. those two are the most incapeable s.o.b's on the planet ! they screw up all the time and refuse to be accountable. someone like yourself that uses there product and sells alot of it should speak up about it to others and to them. maybe they will start to listen and get there minds straight.

Jim,
i use plenty of .083 wall pushrods, especially in flat tappet combo's. i can't think of any roller combo where i'd use something that light though. just for the record, i seldom if ever post about combo's i'm working on or have finished any more. i don't think anybody really cares what we're building, or for whom we're building it.
i'm not going to hop aboard the Indy bashing train. over the years i've made suggestions not only to them, but to other manufacturers as well. beyond that, there's little i can do to effect any change in the way they run their businesses. Vic Edelbrock isn't going to start using better hardware on their heads simply because i don't like the cheap stamped 7 degree locks and retainers, nor will Brandon at 440source, simply because i, or anybody else doesn't like it. i'm sure a lot of their decisions are based on cost to manufactuer. to be competitive in any market isn't easy, especially now. adding expense to a product isn't what the majority of consumers wants. look, Edelbrock makes a pretty darn good product overall, but even as good as they are, plenty of people will go buy the cheaper knock-offs instead, even though those have their own set of problems and people know about them. you see where this is going, right?
unfortunately, we have here a do it yourselfer that possibly didn't have the foresight or experience to know that the "cut to fit" .080 wall pushrod kit supplied to him would not handle the pressure load he was about to place upon them. i don't see where blaming Indy for making the pushrod kits is the answer. like i said before, the builder has to assume some risk and responsibility for the parts he uses in any build, especially if he's buying direct from the manufacturer.
when i order custom pistons, or a custom camshaft etc. etc., i can't just tell them to send me "whatever will work". it doesn't work that way. we tell the manufacturer what we want and they supply it. when we get it, we inspect it to make sure it meets our needs. if it doesn't, we either send it back or modify it so it will.
BILLYJAY seems like a nice enough guy and i hate to see anybody have the type of problems he's having, but that's part of the risk you take when you want to buy direct and do it yourself. i don't think for a second that he tried to "cheap out". i just think he simply didn't know any better. if he did, he would have told Indy to keep their pushrod kit and ordered some from another vendor. in any case, i hope the damage isn't too severe and all ends well for him.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: Challenger 1] #463496
09/09/09 09:10 AM
09/09/09 09:10 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Our engine programs are centered exclusively with the use of Indy Cylinder Head products and related parts.We have been a WD since 1999.Our success is based on Indy blocks and heads.We custom build each and every engine to the needs of our customers with select parts compatable with the power levels desired.We rely on Indy for their products but we are responsible to our end users and make the necessary adjustments and corrections during the build.The misconception that some regard us as a "club" is a misrepresentation of BGR.We have and are available to help anyone who contacts us.We however,reserve the right to choose who we do work for.We generally work for and provide parts for other shops and hardcore racers that are known to us.That we are not a shop open to the walkin public gives us the advantage of doing specific quality work for specific quality clients.It also lets us control our shop time so that we can all enjoy the sport.The fact that we are out there racing with and helping many of you only goes to lend credence that we are not a bunch of BSers but are true genuine people that care about helping others.Many of you have visited our shop, many of you have raced with us,many of you understand what we are about,and know that we are here to help.We are not here to solicit business.And as for Indy,we have great respect for the owners and staff and are thankfull for the products that they provide.We enjoy a courtous and professional business relationship that will only end when BGR ceases to exist.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463497
09/09/09 09:54 AM
09/09/09 09:54 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
It's times like these that make me glad I am a
civilian/non mod again

I wish you the best of luck getting the issue resolved.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: ZIPPY] #463498
09/09/09 10:12 AM
09/09/09 10:12 AM
Q
quick77rt Offline
Parts Problem
quick77rt  Offline
Parts Problem
Q

To sum it up Indy dont crap on everyone, I had a set of heads direct from them, torn down 20 minutes off the truck, found two problems...called, they asked I I could snap a few pics....had correct parts in three days.

There bag of pushrods went in the dumpster, its too easy to call Smith Bros.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463499
09/09/09 10:14 AM
09/09/09 10:14 AM
gulfport, ms, west mi
rowin4 Offline
master
rowin4  Offline
master

gulfport, ms, west mi
Quote:

Our engine programs are centered exclusively with the use of Indy Cylinder Head products and related parts.We have been a WD since 1999.Our success is based on Indy blocks and heads.We custom build each and every engine to the needs of our customers with select parts compatable with the power levels desired.We rely on Indy for their products but we are responsible to our end users and make the necessary adjustments and corrections during the build.The misconception that some regard us as a "club" is a misrepresentation of BGR.We have and are available to help anyone who contacts us.We however,reserve the right to choose who we do work for.We generally work for and provide parts for other shops and hardcore racers that are known to us.That we are not a shop open to the walkin public gives us the advantage of doing specific quality work for specific quality clients.It also lets us control our shop time so that we can all enjoy the sport.The fact that we are out there racing with and helping many of you only goes to lend credence that we are not a bunch of BSers but are true genuine people that care about helping others.Many of you have visited our shop, many of you have raced with us,many of you understand what we are about,and know that we are here to help.We are not here to solicit business.And as for Indy,we have great respect for the owners and staff and are thankfull for the products that they provide.We enjoy a courtous and professional business relationship that will only end when BGR ceases to exist.

What's wrong with this picture??????? must be related.

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: rowin4] #463500
09/09/09 11:05 AM
09/09/09 11:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463501
09/09/09 11:11 AM
09/09/09 11:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did the name of this thread change, or am i imagining things?

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: quick77rt ] #463502
09/09/09 11:27 AM
09/09/09 11:27 AM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

There bag of pushrods went in the dumpster, its too easy to call Smith Bros.

I think that is the OP's point. Why do they put together a kit that the only way to correct it (and most of us know that 99% of all aftermarket stuff needs some kind of correction)is to throw half of it out and pay someone else more $$ for the same parts that will work.

Now if the OP replaced the springs that came with the heads with some kind of 900 lb open then obviously it's not Indy's fault but from what I'm reading here from others is these pushrods won't even support the head as shipped. As far as I'm concerned if that is true it is negligence on Indy's part at the very least leaning more towards fraud.

Kevin

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463503
09/09/09 11:31 AM
09/09/09 11:31 AM
Columbia, CT
M
moper Offline
I Live Here
moper  Offline
I Live Here
M

Columbia, CT
I'm no pro. I don't see DRAM taking any side except stating potential ignorance... And sayign any manufacturer has to make sure all the parts sold will stand up to the upper limits of the potential is very demonstrative of that ignorance. The reason someone spends witha builder is to have someone who can be reasponsible and trustworthy enough to get the results you want for the money spent. Whether that's $100 or $10K. If you cook out and burn a steak at home, it's your meat, your methods, and your flame. Dine out and you can get your money's worth and make it the cook's fault for a few bucks more because maybe, just maybe, the cook knows more and is more attentive to it.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: moper] #463504
09/09/09 12:22 PM
09/09/09 12:22 PM
Michigan
H
Hemiroid Offline
super stock
Hemiroid  Offline
super stock
H

Michigan
I love all of the deflection and semantics. Let's be honest people, everyone of you defending Indy knows those push rods and rockers are trash in a race motor.

Sure, they'll live with a .509 purple cam, but no one is buying these heads to do that. If you as a manufacturer are providing push rods and rockers with your aluminum race head that you know won't live in a motor with any kind of race spring then you should have the decency to let your customers know.

I, as a consumer that's informed know not to use those parts, but not everyone knows this. You should look upon your customers as patrons and supporters of your business, not as potential marks for a scam.

Your mileage may vary.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: moper] #463505
09/09/09 12:38 PM
09/09/09 12:38 PM
Newark,De
H
hemi471 Offline
mopar
hemi471  Offline
mopar
H

Newark,De
I think if I was in the market for one of Indy's fine quality products I would only buy it from a dealer. But lets face it, other companys make heads and blocks spend your money with them!

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: Hemiroid] #463506
09/09/09 12:53 PM
09/09/09 12:53 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

I love all of the deflection and semantics. Let's be honest people, everyone of you defending Indy knows those push rods and rockers are trash in a race motor.

Sure, they'll live with a .509 purple cam, but no one is buying these heads to do that. If you as a manufacturer are providing push rods and rockers with your aluminum race head that you know won't live in a motor with any kind of race spring then you should have the decency to let your customers know.

I, as a consumer that's informed know not to use those parts, but not everyone knows this. You should look upon your customers as patrons and supporters of your business, not as potential marks for a scam.

Your mileage may vary.

No deflection or semantics on my part,just hard facts as related to Indy and BGR.I'am not defending anyone,I don't need to.Everyone at Indy are big boys and can speak for themselves and those that have issues and opinions can freely express them as well.That's what makes the USA such a great place to live.That I use Indy products is my choise and that our racers use Indy products is their chiose.That I had a bad steak at the LaMont Restraunt in Mt Washinton overlooking the three rivers in Pittsburgh isn't going to hurt their business anytime soon.I waited two weeks for a reservation.Next time I'am getting prime rib.People have the choise weather to deal with Indy or not,and obviously many still choose to do so as they do with Barry Grant and scores of other manufactures that we all hear complanits about. Where's the deflection or semantics in my statements?

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463507
09/09/09 01:32 PM
09/09/09 01:32 PM
Michigan
H
Hemiroid Offline
super stock
Hemiroid  Offline
super stock
H

Michigan
Damn you Bob!! It wasn't directed at you, you old fart. Did you see me quote you? Plus, you should be out in the shop cracking the whip, not on Moparts

I was really talking about those trying to blame Billy for Indys crappy push rods. We all know they're crappy, Billy just missed the memo. I don't blame him for being mad.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: Hemiroid] #463508
09/09/09 01:53 PM
09/09/09 01:53 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Damn you Bob!! It wasn't directed at you, you old fart. Did you see me quote you? Plus, you should be out in the shop cracking the whip, not on Moparts

I was really talking about those trying to blame Billy for Indys crappy push rods. We all know they're crappy, Billy just missed the memo. I don't blame him for being mad.

I just had to respond to all those "big words"I have no problem with anyone complaining or sharing their problems,generally it helps keep everyone informed.We found problems with all sorts of pushrods.Cups breaking,tubes splitting and flexing.We have learned that building pushrod is an exacting art.We cut them close to desired length then finish them on the lathe to exact measurment.We check the cup pin for fit and ream the inside of the tube if necessary. We slightly champher the end of the tube inside diameter.We have a aluminum pushrod press with radiused end holders and tube holders for various lengths and diameters as well as a aluminum top plate for cup pushrods and radius top plate for ball&ball pudrods.The trick is to get a nice press fit and seat the ends squarely in the tube.We then inspect for straightness and fit.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463509
09/09/09 02:37 PM
09/09/09 02:37 PM
junction city oregon
V
viperblue72 Offline
top fuel
viperblue72  Offline
top fuel
V

junction city oregon
Okay dealers? What is your excuse for Indy selling me 12.5 to 1 pistons when I asked for 10.5 to 1. Then refusing to take them back. Then me paying extra $200 to have them shaved and another 125 for balancing. Then to top it off I had them do a stage 2 porting that was nothing more than a polish. Then to top it off, they were complete jerks and wanted nothing to do with me other than to tell me how stupid I was. And yes, I gave thema all the info, including heads I was using, which I bought from them. I have yet to talk to a racer buddy out here on the west coast that didn't have horrible luck with them and had the same results I did. It's not just that every part needs modification. I think we know that by now.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463510
09/09/09 02:55 PM
09/09/09 02:55 PM
Fredericktown, PA 15333
maundmotorworks Offline
Stealth poster
maundmotorworks  Offline
Stealth poster

Fredericktown, PA 15333
Quote:

Quote:

I just had to respond to all those "big words"I have no problem with anyone complaining or sharing their problems,generally it helps keep everyone informed.We found problems with all sorts of pushrods.Cups breaking,tubes splitting and flexing.We have learned that building pushrod is an exacting art.We cut them close to desired length then finish them on the lathe to exact measurment.We check the cup pin for fit and ream the inside of the tube if necessary. We slightly champher the end of the tube inside diameter.We have a aluminum pushrod press with radiused end holders and tube holders for various lengths and diameters as well as a aluminum top plate for cup pushrods and radius top plate for ball&ball pudrods.The trick is to get a nice press fit and seat the ends squarely in the tube.We then inspect for straightness and fit.

This is true and the only right way to assemble these pushrods. Bob has cut and assembled thousands of these pushrods over the years and I can honestly say I've only ever had one bad one. Bob cuts each pushrod tube in a lathe to ensure proper clearances and fitment. Some guys out there use saws and cutoff wheels for this task and it's no wonder theirs screw up. For those here unfamiliar with BG, you need to get familiar real quick. He is the only engine guy I trust besides myself because he has forgotten more than most engine guys ever knew, not to mention he's been at it for over 40 years. Listen to your elders here, guys...

Maund Motorworks--supplier of high performance Mopar engines--specializing in B, RB, and Hemi. www.maundmotorworks.com
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: maundmotorworks] #463511
09/09/09 03:04 PM
09/09/09 03:04 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is true and the only right way to assemble these pushrods. Bob has cut and assembled thousands of these pushrods over the years and I can honestly say I've only ever had one bad one. Bob cuts each pushrod tube in a lathe to ensure proper clearances and fitment. Some guys out there use saws and cutoff wheels for this task and it's no wonder theirs screw up. For those here unfamiliar with BG, you need to get familiar real quick. He is the only engine guy I trust besides myself because he has forgotten more than most engine guys ever knew, not to mention he's been at it for over 40 years. Listen to your elders here, guys...

Gee Matt,save your breath,my daughter Lynne is already married. However she may be persuaded to step out on her hubby If not Thelma and Loiuse like to get out every now and then.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463512
09/09/09 03:31 PM
09/09/09 03:31 PM
Houston, Texas
TheOtherDodge Offline
master
TheOtherDodge  Offline
master

Houston, Texas
I run Indy stuff but got thier -1 heads bare and everything else seperate so I could pick and choose...

But, just curious, if someone ran thier "packaged top end" stuff with the suggested cam, would thier springs, pushrods and rockers be adequate?

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463513
09/09/09 03:33 PM
09/09/09 03:33 PM
Fredericktown, PA 15333
maundmotorworks Offline
Stealth poster
maundmotorworks  Offline
Stealth poster

Fredericktown, PA 15333
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gee Matt,save your breath,my daughter Lynne is already married. However she may be persuaded to step out on her hubby If not Thelma and Loiuse like to get out every now and then.

LOL!!! Bob, thanks for the thought, but if I took the dogs, HemiFred would be both jealous and lonely...

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463514
09/09/09 03:56 PM
09/09/09 03:56 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Well, I had to comment on the Indy thing. I, like many, have had occasion to deal with the fine folks from Indy. And also have seen people, and I'm not saying this is the case, be able to break a ball bearing with a marshmellow. And that goes for me too. This sport is for people that like to tinker, or we wouldn't be doing it. It's about putting stuff together and seeing the results of their labor. I admit that these days I pay people to assemble my stuff, because, I can afford to do that now. But in the past, I did that myself. And I agree the people at Indy are A-holes when called for advise or customer service. So, why do people keep using them????? Koffel is as nice a guy as they come. I'm not saying he is perfect, but he will talk with you and try to come up with solutions. And the truth is, B1's are just a better head, unless you want to run the NRC stuff. I guess what I am saying is, people in the racing business have put up with this crap for 50 years and longer. And we as racers run to it like flys to a flame. It's true Indy shouldn't sell a head rated to 900HP with a pushrod rated for 500HP. But those of us that have been doing this stuff long enough realize we better ask the question 5 times or reap the consequenses. And yeah Indy is full-o-sht. So, talk with a distributor, or use someone elses stuff. I also want to say I don't like that the racing business is this way, but we all accept it and keep doing it. Sorry about your issue with the pushrods.

5472471-Caratdiv.jpg (39 downloads)
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: maundmotorworks] #463515
09/09/09 04:21 PM
09/09/09 04:21 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
It's not the pushrods it's the tips.I too use better pushrods on something with a ton of spring on it.My own street car with a little old 590 roller eats the tips like candy.It has weak old spings on stock 452 heads.I put these on their because I had them in stock.Yes, I agree 100% that nothig is a stright bolt on.But when I see a problem with a product as simple as pushrods on a non race motor that is not good.LET ME BACKUP(the tips on the pushrods are Junk)I have answered how it fix the problem for a ton of people with great luck.So everyone that has had a problem with this pushrods ,we are all dumb a$$es.Lenny

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: 8secDart] #463516
09/09/09 04:38 PM
09/09/09 04:38 PM
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
They sell these kits with there rockers, and push rods to give you a warm feeling on a complete package. We know that the rocker arms are in adequate for roller spring pressures, we now know the push rods are too. I knew this, some do some dont. I agree they wouldnt put these push rods in there crate engines, or personal engines. Thats why the list T&D and Jesel Upgrades on the price sheet, Im pretty sure they list uograded push rods also. Push rods doesnt seem to be a hot topic, on here. On the other hand Comp pushrods and other brands seem to work ok with .080 wall, but...
Lets look more that the push rod them selfs for a minute, and stop pointing fingers.
These Indy head RB engines are the longest of long push rods. What works in a 9" tall deck small chevy or ford, doesnt always work in Mopar engines when overall push rods length reaches 10" over all. Im sure push rod deflection will be a bunch more on the same push rod given a extra few inches in length.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Post deleted by Defbob [Re: viperblue72] #463517
09/09/09 04:44 PM
09/09/09 04:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463518
09/09/09 04:47 PM
09/09/09 04:47 PM
Houston, Texas
TheOtherDodge Offline
master
TheOtherDodge  Offline
master

Houston, Texas
so what springs come with the heads????

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: TheOtherDodge] #463519
09/09/09 05:20 PM
09/09/09 05:20 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
With so many good dealers right here on moparts why deal direct?I know dealers are better to deal with since they can take the time to help you get the correct parts and most time even give you better pricing.Tim Bowman,Todd Marsh,Dan Costello,Dwayne Porter,Mike Ware are just a few.I'am sure there are dozens more here.Start a post as to who are dealers and you will be surprised. These are great people with a wealth of knowledge and are at your fingertips.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463520
09/09/09 05:50 PM
09/09/09 05:50 PM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
I think the Indy guys should be a little more up front when selling, If some one buys heads with springs that are too stiff for the push rods supplied they should have a note or recommendation on what they know works best, selling products that will have a high failure rate in a application is just bad business

Last edited by emarine01; 09/09/09 05:50 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: B G Racing] #463521
09/09/09 05:54 PM
09/09/09 05:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard a lot of folks complain about Indy parts and service and I have to wonder why . They are the ones that made it possible to build a 800+ HP wedge. It is mandontory however to machine and fit the parts corectly. There is no way anyone should expect to just bolt a motor of that horsepower with off the shelf parts.. Indy pushrods were designed to work with many different combos with one standard "cut to fit" kit that comes in there top end motor package. Do you realize how many different lengths they would need to stock to fill everyones needs?? I am sure that if you bought a complete motor from them over 528cu.in. it would not have cut to fit Indy pushrods in it. It sounds like you may have other issues causing the pushrods to break...

Indy products make Mopar racers much more competive..

5472632-PRP1.jpg (25 downloads)
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! #463522
09/09/09 06:10 PM
09/09/09 06:10 PM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Quote:

They are the ones that made it possible to build a 800+ HP wedge.

Did you forget about Koffel's Place? The B-1's were around before Indy.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: sixpakdodge] #463523
09/09/09 06:23 PM
09/09/09 06:23 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
They are a ton better, I've used both.

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: camastomcat] #463524
09/09/09 07:56 PM
09/09/09 07:56 PM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
Every one of you Dealers and engine builders would inform,advise or steer me in the correct direction with my build as a decent vendor or even a decent mopar man..if i was on the phone with you and was building a 572ci Indy maxx motor with 440-1 CNC"d- 14CR and was sending you my "KIT PUSHROD" to cut to length, you would cut them ?? or would you inquire and raise the point that maybe these are not going to live in that type of motor ??? All I'm asking is that someone who creates and sells a great head would want to fix, modify, solve any problems or weak areas in the product line...thats not to much to ask..if these guys are so good at what they do, why drop the ball if there is a area that needs improvement... ELDEBROCK heads at least say spring ratings are only good to .600 lift.but at least they are up front and address the limits of their springs. those guys at Indy are too arrogrant for their own good..you vendors that deal with them and say you get quality service, thats great!!!.. what im saying is if you put as much effort towards Indy and making some sugestions to them as you do defending them or their business practices maybe they would make some small changes in the product line or at least make notes that buyers are able to see,read and know about.. calling me ignorant is not the problem..having someone from Indy address some of the issues that seems to haunt this website..reading post from the little guys that helped to get them those nice new houses and cars.. would be something i would be interested in doing as a business owner..knowing the direction of my business would be important to me... as i would think would be to everyone..

Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463525
09/09/09 09:53 PM
09/09/09 09:53 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Every one of you Dealers and engine builders would inform,advise or steer me in the correct direction with my build as a decent vendor or even a decent mopar man..if i was on the phone with you and was building a 572ci Indy maxx motor with 440-1 CNC"d- 14CR and was sending you my "KIT PUSHROD" to cut to length, you would cut them ?? or would you inquire and raise the point that maybe these are not going to live in that type of motor ??? All I'm asking is that someone who creates and sells a great head would want to fix, modify, solve any problems or weak areas in the product line...thats not to much to ask..if these guys are so good at what they do, why drop the ball if there is a area that needs improvement... ELDEBROCK heads at least say spring ratings are only good to .600 lift.but at least they are up front and address the limits of their springs. those guys at Indy are too arrogrant for their own good..you vendors that deal with them and say you get quality service, thats great!!!.. what im saying is if you put as much effort towards Indy and making some sugestions to them as you do defending them or their business practices maybe they would make some small changes in the product line or at least make notes that buyers are able to see,read and know about.. calling me ignorant is not the problem..having someone from Indy address some of the issues that seems to haunt this website..reading post from the little guys that helped to get them those nice new houses and cars.. would be something i would be interested in doing as a business owner..knowing the direction of my business would be important to me... as i would think would be to everyone..

And I say you are repeating yourself for the third? time, and if directed at Dram, he was very forthcoming and delicate in his prompt and candid reply, and likely decided this thread is a lost cause and butted out, and I think that was a wise decision that I am going to emulate.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: jcc] #463526
09/09/09 10:35 PM
09/09/09 10:35 PM
Lake Charles,Louisiana
B
BILLYJAY Offline OP
pro stock
BILLYJAY  Offline OP
pro stock
B

Lake Charles,Louisiana
And I say you are repeating yourself for the third? time, and if directed at Dram, he was very forthcoming and delicate in his prompt and candid reply, and likely decided this thread is a lost cause and butted out, and I think that was a wise decision that I am going to emulate.

JCC.. thats probally best for you to copy-cat someone else and chim out...my comments werent directed at Dram per say.. he was the one who chimed in on Indy's behalf assuming that i had done something wrong or didnt know all info needed to build a motor of this quality..and voiced his opinion..which he is entitled to.. as are you.. as am I..i did have help building this motor and some very good help at that.some of you guys are missing the point and think this is all about bashing Indy... i have said many time in these Indy threads that i do like their products for the most part.. the problem is why wont they take time to correct the issues that they do have instaed of treating their customers like Crap..if they dont want to deal with the public then they need to close their doors to the "walk-in JOE" and only sale to Vendors...and since the vendors seem to get a better responce it makes sence that maybe someone would listen to them before they are going to listen to the guys that they are so short with on the phones...

Last edited by BILLYJAY; 09/09/09 10:37 PM.
Re: Indy Dealers And Moderators.. ATTENTION !!!!!!!!! [Re: BILLYJAY] #463527
09/09/09 11:09 PM
09/09/09 11:09 PM
Diego-Town, CA
Diego_Ted Offline
master
Diego_Ted  Offline
master

Diego-Town, CA
I don't think this thread is going to address any issue that has not been discussed. Here is my take . For the most part, Indy for whatever reason feels it does what it needs to do in order to stay in business. Many reputable vendors on here have said, deal with them and let them deal with Indy, as they have better business to business dealings with them. Anyone who has been on this board for any length of time knows it is a crap shoot to deal directly with Indy and does so knowing their customer service to the general public leaves much to be desired. So take the advise of many on here and deal with a reputable vendor who deals with Indy on a regular business. In doing so the vendor has a vested interest to get it right the first time and knows of problems that have come up in the past and maybe has a way of avoiding them. If you choose to deal directly with Indy you know there are issues you may have to address and will probably have to spend a good deal of time to rectify the situation. That’s just the way Indy chooses to do business, and it seems it works for them?

If anyone else has a point that has not yet been addressed on this thread I will gladly unlock it so that point can be made.

Diego

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3