08/30/09 03:55 AM
Western Washington
Sixgun Offline OP
top fuel
Sixgun  Offline OP
top fuel

Western Washington
Guys, sorry to be so dense, been out of the loop on this for quite awhile,
Is the MP block a World Products?this is the one barton collabrated on, right?

if so, how much better are the WPs compared to the MPs? Dollar for dollar, what are the price ranges?
More specifically, stock type parts interchangeability,/ ease of machining on a pump gas type iron headed 572 build I am considering as a looooong term project.(Street motor)
Thanks,
Casey

I'm 55 now, no time to waste. Not a week goes by that I don't hear about someone passing on.Let's get out there,smoke some tires,have a beer with a good friend,do what you have always wanted to do.I am pretty sure no one will ever say on their deathbed "gee I'm glad my life was calm and boring"
Re: Dumb question, who makes the MP hemi blocks?Who's best? [Re: Sixgun] #454203
08/30/09 08:20 AM
08/30/09 08:20 AM
closer to Canadian beer!
torkrules Offline
I'm neurotic
torkrules  Offline
I'm neurotic

closer to Canadian beer!
Quote:

Guys, sorry to be so dense, been out of the loop on this for quite awhile,
Is the MP block a World Products?this is the one barton collabrated on, right?

if so, how much better are the WPs compared to the MPs? Dollar for dollar, what are the price ranges?
More specifically, stock type parts interchangeability,/ ease of machining on a pump gas type iron headed 572 build I am considering as a looooong term project.(Street motor)
Thanks,
Casey

World is the current supplier. They are supposed to be a better designed and manufactured block as compared to the former generation of blocks, however, there have been some machining issues listed on this board, however again, World has looked after this and has solid customer service.

Everything bolts on the same, but the appearance is a little off and the iron blocks weigh as much as a small bus.

Re: Dumb question, who makes the MP hemi blocks?Who's best? [Re: torkrules] #454204
08/31/09 11:52 AM
08/31/09 11:52 AM
Western Washington
Sixgun Offline OP
top fuel
Sixgun  Offline OP
top fuel

Western Washington
Thanks Tork!
That would mean that's the one to get!
Have you priced any blocks?
Casey

I'm 55 now, no time to waste. Not a week goes by that I don't hear about someone passing on.Let's get out there,smoke some tires,have a beer with a good friend,do what you have always wanted to do.I am pretty sure no one will ever say on their deathbed "gee I'm glad my life was calm and boring"
Re: Dumb question, who makes the MP hemi blocks?Who's best? [Re: Sixgun] #454205
08/31/09 03:10 PM
08/31/09 03:10 PM
closer to Canadian beer!
torkrules Offline
I'm neurotic
torkrules  Offline
I'm neurotic

closer to Canadian beer!
Quote:

Thanks Tork!
That would mean that's the one to get!
Have you priced any blocks?
Casey

I've seen variations from $2500 to $3500 for the Iron block and $4000 to $5000 on the aluminum. Sometimes there will be a sale. Sometimes they are hard to find period.

If it were me, I would check with Tim at FHO.

Re: Dumb question, who makes the MP hemi blocks?Who's best? [Re: torkrules] #454206
08/31/09 04:36 PM
08/31/09 04:36 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
If you get the block from Mopar, then World Products supplies part of it (a raw casting, made using Chrysler's proprietary tooling). Machine work and packaging is handled by a separate Chrysler OEM approved supplier.

If you get the block from World, I have no idea who is machining it, and being that World's part numbers are not the same as Mopar's, they could have it set up any way they want.