08/16/09 10:17 AM
08/16/09 10:17 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
A great shout out to Beaver Bob, he did it again!! Pulled off yet another fabulous Nostalgia weekend!!

Another great shout out to my son Kyle, who runner-upped in the 422 Motorsports All Star event on Saturday evening.....he did a great job, and the car ran flawless. A breakout ended capped the evening, but it was a fabulous evening. The first round, he took out his dad (me), and didn't look back. Geat job, Kyle. That 422 Motorsports series is a great deal.....having to dial a zero and then not being able to change it sure makes a driver out of you. They work hard at putting on a good show, and do. Hat's off to you guys.

Ronnie McClelland, myself, both had decent weekends. Ronnie went three rounds on Saturday, two on Friday evening. Myself, this blind old bald guy went some rounds himself on Friday. Congrats to Aaron, Ronnie's son, who had a very good showing in Nostalgia Jr. Stock as well with his Duster.

A lot of thanks are in order....first, a BIG, BIG thanks to Pro Shift Charger and Bob Roles (Slammin' Savoy) Hemi who fixed Kyle up with a starter motor after his failed on Friday. It was a late night changing it, but it sure paid off. Thanks so much, guys. Thanks to Bob George Racing and Bud's Auto Sales for everything that paid off....Brother Bob for so much it's hard to name it all. I hope we did you and the rest of BGR proud.

Tommy D....I hope all is well. I hunted you up on Friday evening, but someone said there were some problems and you headed home. I pray everything is OK......

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend so enjoyable. It was so much fun, I think we'll do it again next year!!

Last edited by Steve1118; 08/16/09 05:40 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439662
08/16/09 11:06 PM
08/16/09 11:06 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Steve,
Im glad it all worked out for you & your crew.
After I told you we had an extra starter in the trailer then to look and not see it, luckily Bob double checked and found it. I wasnt too worried because I knew I had a brand new starter at home. I was bringing it for you the next day. Anyway, I got called into work for a couple hours Saturday morning. Its a real good thing we did it Friday night because you wouldnt have enough time late Saturday morning to get the repair done. I was late getting there Saturday

Hey wait a minute, Kyle got a starter, Bob Roles got my starter and I....

Just kidding
Anytime Brother Steve!! When Bob George broke his tranny at the York Nationals we helped get his tranny together and back on the track too. I know without a doubt any of you guys would do the same for us!!!!

Watching the semi finals in your pits and seeing your reaction when Kyle won his way into the finals after the re-run was priceless...it was all worth it for sure!!

Kyle, Great Job once again and I'll be watching for that contingency money.

Just one question I forgot to ask you....
How did the two of you get paired up in the first round of eliminations when originally you werent lined up with eachother???

Doug

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439663
08/17/09 08:10 AM
08/17/09 08:10 AM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Steve,

It wasn't the best showing for us. Thanks for the prayers. We had problems right off the trailer. I didn't touch anything on the car from the last race, other than an oil change. We had horrible bogging issues off the line, then the car would pick up and run the normal MPH at the other end. I drained the fuel tank and rebuilt the carbs at home. I'm still waiting for new needles and seats to finnish it off.

To top that off, my seven year-old son, Tommy suffered from a bad migrane headache. After losing first round, he got sick to his stomach. Too little food and sleep catches up to him. Instead of rebuilding the carbs in the hotel bathroom Friday night, we decided to head for home. Tough decision, but a good one in hindsight.

I'm glad to hear your son did so well on Saturday. I heard John Wareheim's Chevelle was in the final. He was leading the 422 points by at least 25 points before the race. This should seal the championship for him.

Missing the 422 race essentially eliminated us from the points race. We were in 2nd going in, but now I'm sure I'm out of the top ten. Oh well...that's racing.

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439664
08/17/09 08:41 AM
08/17/09 08:41 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Steve,you and the whole gang from Walton's Mountain are a great example of BGR racers.We are happy for Kyle as well as all the Reasbeck and McCelland family members(the BGR family)As for Doug and Bob,they exemplify what racers are all about.They never hesitate to help anyone.You can be certain that BGR will always be there for them.Not only are they gracious with their help by just plain great folks to be around.To Bob,Doug and crew

Last edited by B G Racing; 08/17/09 08:42 AM.
Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: proshiftcharger] #439665
08/17/09 08:55 AM
08/17/09 08:55 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Doug, that is the way the ladder worked out. They use reaction time to set a ladder, and the old man qualified second with a .003 reaction time. Don't even ask how I did it. However, the way it worked out, Kyle was in the middle of the pack and wound up drawing me the first round. I asked Beaver Bob to make sure he got some good pics...that's one I want for a frame....and he assured me he would. Anyway, I couldn't repeat a real good light, redlighted, and Kyle laid a .013 on me and advanced.

You are right, I was tickled. I don't know who was more pumped...him or me. It was a great evening.....and we have you guys to thank. You are right, we certainly would have done the same had roles been reversed, but it is an example of what is so great about this sport.

Tommy, I am so glad all is well.

We have been thinking real hard of going to their event at Maple Grove and September 19, we both really like their program.

Thanks again, and congrats to all who made it such a great show and experience.

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439666
08/17/09 11:17 AM
08/17/09 11:17 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Here is the shot of the final.....I gotta tell you, as a dad it was absolutely thrilling for me to be there and see it...even if I was Kyle's first victim....

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439667
08/17/09 12:41 PM
08/17/09 12:41 PM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Steve,

Congrats to you on Kyle's R/U finnish. I know there were a LOT of guys that run the 422 series that were pulling for him. John in the white Chevelle has been running away with the series the past couple of races. Nice job qualifying. That .400 (full) tree is very tricky.

I haven't heard much from Doug and the owner of the Savvy Savoy. How did they make out. The driver of that '64 Plymouth was runner up at the Nostalgia Nationals in July. Tom

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Tommy D] #439668
08/17/09 12:51 PM
08/17/09 12:51 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Thanks, Tommy. I have to tell you, as a dad (and I know that you're one) it's a great thrill to see your son do as well as he did, especially in his chosen class of NSS. I don't know who was more thrilled, him or me. It's flattering to know that others were pulling for him, too. He's a good kid.(Well, not exactly a kid anymore, but forgive my transgression).

Doug and Bob elected to run the regular Beaver program, as they are involved in a pretty tight points race. I certainly understand the decision, but they are great NSS racers, too, and a benefit to every program. Our pal Ron McClelland with the Bud's Auto Sales Hemi took out Craig Baumer in a close one...I gotta tell you Craig is some kind of tough!!! He's a great guy, and does a good job. Ronnie beating him was a real accomplishment.

I saw your rig pulling out on Friday evening, and went over and talked to the driver (your dad, maybe?) and he told me someone was ill. I just wanted to make sure everyone was OK.

That .400 tree is tricky, and I really like that dialing with a zero, and not being able to change your dial once the program starts. It makes it a bit more challenging, and incredibly fun. A great group of guys....you guys will see us again soon. Delaware is a bit of a haul, but perhaps at MG.

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439669
08/17/09 01:27 PM
08/17/09 01:27 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
I have a question I would like to ask. I was told in order to run the N/SS class you had to have a name on the car ?? I like my car just as it is and wont put stickers or a name on it so does that mean I could not run in your N/SS class as I see the red 64 dodge has no stickers or no name on it ? Or was I misinformed ? Thanks , Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/17/09 01:28 PM.
Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: 383man] #439670
08/17/09 02:21 PM
08/17/09 02:21 PM
pa
K
Kyle Reasbeck Offline
enthusiast
Kyle Reasbeck  Offline
enthusiast
K

pa
Again Bob and Doug thanks a bunch! I had a good time...never thought in a million years the car was running that fast..i shaved 5-6mph off and it still ran under! With dad and the rest of the crew helping it was a good time.

Ron-If you look close at the pic i have the SS/A designation stickers on each roof pillar and they fill up the painted part of the pillar. I do have big lettering ordered for the doors but it wasnt in before the race. They said the SS/A lettering was barely enough to squeeze in for that race but next race it must be fully lettered (which it will be).

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Kyle Reasbeck] #439671
08/17/09 03:14 PM
08/17/09 03:14 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

Again Bob and Doug thanks a bunch! I had a good time...never thought in a million years the car was running that fast..i shaved 5-6mph off and it still ran under! With dad and the rest of the crew helping it was a good time.

Ron-If you look close at the pic i have the SS/A designation stickers on each roof pillar and they fill up the painted part of the pillar. I do have big lettering ordered for the doors but it wasnt in before the race. They said the SS/A lettering was barely enough to squeeze in for that race but next race it must be fully lettered (which it will be).

Oh yes I see it now. Thank you for the response and explaining the rule. Ron

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: 383man] #439672
08/17/09 03:57 PM
08/17/09 03:57 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Ron, your car is so clean...I can see why you don't want to letter it up. Perhaps some limited lettering?

But, if you would, I guarantee you would not regret doing it to run that 422 deal. It is a terrific program....I'm on the bandwagon.

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Steve1118] #439673
08/17/09 06:33 PM
08/17/09 06:33 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Quote:

Ron, your car is so clean...I can see why you don't want to letter it up. Perhaps some limited lettering?

But, if you would, I guarantee you would not regret doing it to run that 422 deal. It is a terrific program....I'm on the bandwagon.

Thanks Steve. My brother has been racing some with the 422 club driving this Max Wedge car owned by Danny Jones. But he just got his 64 ready and plans to run it the rest of this year at some 422 races. He is Gary Nies and his 64 Plymouth is blue. He had the Name "Blue Fury" put on it and just got it running this weekend as he wanted to go to the Friday race at beaver Springs but did not make it. I will most likely be at a few of the 422 races with him but without my car. I did run my 63 once last year when the Naturally aspirated club was running that dials every 1/2 second but I dont see them running with the 422 club this year. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/17/09 06:35 PM.
Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: 383man] #439674
08/17/09 09:26 PM
08/17/09 09:26 PM
MD
Kevins493 Offline
top fuel
Kevins493  Offline
top fuel

MD
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Steve. My brother has been racing some with the 422 club driving this Max Wedge car owned by Danny Jones. But he just got his 64 ready and plans to run it the rest of this year at some 422 races. He is Gary Nies and his 64 Plymouth is blue. He had the Name "Blue Fury" put on it and just got it running this weekend as he wanted to go to the Friday race at beaver Springs but did not make it. I will most likely be at a few of the 422 races with him but without my car. I did run my 63 once last year when the Naturally aspirated club was running that dials every 1/2 second but I dont see them running with the 422 club this year. Ron

They were running AMI at MIR when I went.

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Kevins493] #439675
08/17/09 09:59 PM
08/17/09 09:59 PM
Balt. Md
383man Offline
Too Many Posts
383man  Offline
Too Many Posts

Balt. Md
Thanks for that info Kevin. When I looked at the schedule for the AMI this year it did not seem to be at most of the 422 races. I guess they will be at a few then. Ron

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: 383man] #439676
08/18/09 08:34 AM
08/18/09 08:34 AM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Ron,

The way the rules are written, you are supposed to have three lines of lettering. There is a guy in our group (Dave Stubbs) that runs a champaign colored '62 Dodge (beautifully restored car). He didn't want to letter it, but used magnets instead. I am working on a rusto N/SS '64 convertible. It is a black car (go figure). In order to see what the lettering would look like, I used liquid wax and a paint brush to put the class designation and name on the car. Noone said the lettering has to be permanent. Look in the old books and magazines. There were plenty of cars with shoe polish lettering on them. When you're done, wipe it off. In order to make it look straight, I taped and measured it off so all the letters are the same size and in the same line. I'll PM you some pictures because the size of the pix are too large for on here. Tommy

Re: Friday Flashback/422 Motorsports NSS [Re: Tommy D] #439677
08/18/09 09:39 AM
08/18/09 09:39 AM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Just so the N/SS guys on here are aware, I started another post regarding an invitation to race at Cecil on September 12. The post is titled Invite to N/SS race at Cecil. Details about the format are in the post. I just wanted to make sure everyone on here sees it. Tommy