M
max Offline
super gas
max  Offline
super gas
M

USA
Quote:

Willard, Ha. You DO know him. I don't think this is the Devin, but it is the car he had in Huntington eariler this year. I am trying to make a meet with him later this week.

i know of him and i believe you are right, i think that photo is of the ferria and that was the car i was talking to him about at Clay City and he was wanting to put a Lenco trans in. i have never seen the devin.

Quote:

Max,
I spent several hours with Peanut yesterday, He is quite a character at 77!! You are right, he has a lot of info on this car and it should be in a museum!!!

he is a super guy and has alot of history on the cars he has. i believe he said there was either 7-8 fiberglass ferria bodies produced and shipped to this country and only 3(?) devin bodies that were ever made and brought into this country.

it would be nice if someone could get Peanut to document the history of those cars on paper and photos or even video before something happens to him.

Re: So how did you race with a clutch flite? [Re: max] #438087
08/26/09 09:19 PM
08/26/09 09:19 PM
KYbywayof WV
F
Frito Offline
top fuel
Frito  Offline
top fuel
F

KYbywayof WV
I did get some info and pics. As info the Devin flipped and rolled at Raven Rock Dragstrip in a race aganist Jerry Dailey. It was a Super Stock / Modified combo race. Dailey in a 65 A990 and Peanut in the Devin running B/Gas. It was the final and Peanut hit reverse on the PUSH BUTTONS. He still has the car in the garage. Not a whole lot of damage. I will post some pics as soon as I resize.

Re: So how did you race with a clutch flite? [Re: max] #438088
08/26/09 09:30 PM
08/26/09 09:30 PM
acworth / N. georgia - south e...
cheapstreetdustr Offline
master
cheapstreetdustr  Offline
master

acworth / N. georgia - south e...
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Seen one for sale in the classifieds.
Burn out box procedure?
Launch procedure?
Just wondering, hate to sound dumb, but I dont know how it works. I assume you launch with a clutch, and shift as normal?

Bob, Peanut Stephens, (your neighbor) had one in a Devin sports car. It was equipped with a Hemi and injectors. He had the car at World of Wheels this year. The car has not been raced in over 30 years but he made a pass at Clay City last year. 426 Hemi with a NASCAR type bathtub intake and 4500 now insted of injectors. He lives between Greenup and Greenbow Lake. I will get his phone number for you.

i'm sure Willard would know alot about them and he is a super nice guy to talk to.

when i spoke to him last year at Clay City he was talking about going with a Lenco but was having trouble getting the combo he wanted from the vendor.

that was also the same day they forgot to put the radiator cap on and water got under the slicks on the track and the car got loose and he scraped the wall with the rear of the car knocking the windup key off it.

here's a photo of the car that was taken about 2 years ago with the injectors still on it.

with the history and rarity behind that car it should be in a museum.

unless you can show me more/better pics that red car is a Kellison Astra..
didnt mean to get off topic...
cheapst

365" Iron J heads,,3480lbs best 1.39 60ft on SS springs.10.54,124 mph ...6.67 1/8th et.average 60fts 1.46 w/ small cam &.063 no2 pill tagged & insured
[image][/image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2