08/08/09 08:53 PM
08/08/09 08:53 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Maybe this is the place to ask... I'm replacing/repairing front floor pans, transmission tunnel due to botched shifter installs, firewall boogers, and some trunk rot on a 66 Fury VIP. I was wondering if there is a site that could assist in guesstimating fair shop book time so I can provide a little heads-up. Interior and engine bay are already stripped. Thanks for any assistance, as I have already searched and researched several hours resulting in no luck so far.

Re: Time estimate to replace/repair front floor pans. #431712
08/08/09 10:30 PM
08/08/09 10:30 PM
Milwaukee, WI
In_The_Pink Offline
master
In_The_Pink  Offline
master

Milwaukee, WI
Are you asking for total labor hours, from start to finish? Complete removal, fitting, welding in new (used?)pieces, and painting everything?

Re: Time estimate to replace/repair front floor pans. [Re: In_The_Pink] #431713
08/09/09 12:01 AM
08/09/09 12:01 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

The interior has already been removed along with everything from the engine bay. I will just be fabricating the pans/trans tunnel/firewall repairs/trunk repairs/welding, caulking, priming, and under coating. Then the others will do the interior and drive train. I guess there is also a damaged cross member that is out on the end of the frame horns that I will repair. I am not very familiar with the vintage Fury and have not even seen this one yet. I’m being brought in on the build to knock out the stuff that no one else wanted to tackle. I think that I can do it in 30 hours or less, but wanted to derive a fair price to charge both for them and myself. I know the fabrication estimating formulas based on square inches, but don’t want use that because (not to insult any MOPAR folks here) after he does the drive train / interior / paint / wheels, and other goodies he will easily have in it 3 times what it sold for new. Maybe I’m just missing the mystique of the Fury.

Re: Time estimate to replace/repair front floor pans. #431714
08/09/09 10:36 AM
08/09/09 10:36 AM
Sacramento, Ca
Darius Offline
master
Darius  Offline
master

Sacramento, Ca
based on my having replaced the floor pans, trunk pan, and patching the firewall on my 70 GTX I suggest you will have at least 30 hours in removing the rotted stuff and getting it cleaned up enough to weld to. This assuming that when you say the interior has been removed you are talking seats, trim, etc . and not the rusted parts.
Now you have to fabricate the replacement pieces!!! I have no idea how long that may take but I am thinking at least a day for someone who is a good tin man (I am not a sheet metal person)I used AMD pans and cut my own patches for the firewall.
As for welding it back in, I spent what seemed like days on end filling plug welds that pretty much matched all the spot welds I had to drill to get the old stuff out.
30 hours is EXTREMELY optimistic! I suggest you get over and have a look at the car before you guestimate your time.

Driving modern convenience in classic beauty