Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For my money tti's are the best out there,my #7 tube touchs ever so slightly on the driverside torsion bar,but thats from launching it so hard at the track,no big deal still worth all the money i spent..and still look great after 3 seasons

for the money nothing should hit. Close only counnts in horseshoes and handgrandes.
My $109 headers fit w/o a dent or a dimple.

Ya,and they probably hit every pothole,bump,or speed bump and have all kinds on dings and dents..while tti's sit nice and high hitting nothing and still looking new after 3 years,bet yours are all rusted..pay $109.00 4 times or $650.00 once and never need another header again..

nope never drag and I can use ALL of my exhaust studs. My last cheap set looked good after 3 years. I strip them and paint them w/ high temp grill paint. They don't hit JACK. For all the hype TTi are...just hype. They only way I'd shell out $700 for a set of headers if it was for some fancy race car..That's it. They offer no increase in horse power, and I had a set in my 340 swinger they were nickle plated and after 3 years they looked like any other header.
If you want to drop that kind of cash on headers fine, I'll use it on other parts.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: Mr.Yuck] #421589
07/30/09 12:57 PM
07/30/09 12:57 PM
Overpriced Housing Central
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here
RobX4406  Offline
I Live Here

Overpriced Housing Central
But tti's fit perfect on everything...

sarcasm off!

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: Mr.Yuck] #421590
07/30/09 01:35 PM
07/30/09 01:35 PM
MARYLAND
69Cuda340S Offline
master
69Cuda340S  Offline
master

MARYLAND
I bought TTI headers for my '69 Barracuda small block stroker. Had a ton of clearance issues every where. Started measuring and the engine was not sitting in the bay correctly. Played with motor mount shims, modified motor mount brackets to get the engine to sit slightly farther back, and kept messing with engine placement for about a week. When I was done the headers fit with NO dents and nothing hits. The slip tube header is very close to torsion bar and frame but I run a Schumaker Torque Strap so the engine does not move much at all so it does not hit. No vibrations, great ground clearance, and no leaks. I am happy. I also run the TTI 2 1/2" h-pipe system and it fits great; very happy with that too.

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: RobX4406] #421591
07/30/09 04:30 PM
07/30/09 04:30 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

But tti's fit perfect on everything...

sarcasm off!

yeah my buddy bought the entire kit for his 69 RR, headers back and only 2.5 inch. They hit everything but the kitchen sink...and this was a fresh resto. I'm so not impressed w/ them. Maybe you need them for an A-body, but not for a B-body.

Coming soon!!!!
Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: Mr.Yuck] #421592
07/30/09 05:15 PM
07/30/09 05:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TTI'S..

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict #421593
07/30/09 06:43 PM
07/30/09 06:43 PM
Toronto, Ont, Canada
boydsdodge Offline
super stock
boydsdodge  Offline
super stock

Toronto, Ont, Canada
No prob on my install, A-Body spool mounts, 360, eddy heads, .98 torsion bars no regrets and have bought 4 more sets for other projects.

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: boydsdodge] #421594
07/30/09 08:57 PM
07/30/09 08:57 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Quote:

Then during install I find out they don't work with head studs so I had to take them out and replace a couple head studs with bolts. They said they would work with an OEM starter yea right I had 3 mini starters here none of them would fit so I had to buy another mini starter for I think $200 and still had to bend one of the tubes so it wasn't sitting on the starter.

Hmmm, maybe ya shoulda done your homework ... the footnotes on the TTI site clearly state they don't fit with head studs or certain mini starters.

Quote:

yeah my buddy bought the entire kit for his 69 RR, headers back and only 2.5 inch. They hit everything but the kitchen sink...and this was a fresh resto. I'm so not impressed w/ them. Maybe you need them for an A-body, but not for a B-body.

This is NOT good news. This is the exact application I need headers for. I just sold my brand new Hedmans because the 1-3/4 primarys are too small and the TTI's were looking like the solution !!

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: Stanton] #421595
07/31/09 07:25 AM
07/31/09 07:25 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
TTI makes a good exhaust system and headers. As in any product there is room for improvement. In their defense however they are not snake charmers like that company that sell perfect fit tremecs that don't fit without a BFH. Currently I am wrestling with a 1970 Charger R/T [440] with TTI headers/exhaust system [2.5 inch].

I had to cut the head studs and clearance the bottom of flanges to eliminate the interference with the nut to make the headers fit to the engine properly. I did not see this warning anywhere in the destructions nor did I read about it anywhere on the WWW. [Ignorance or lack of info is not an excuse for not paying attention to the details.] Once the drivetrain was in the car [we did the body drop method] I could not get the left side exhaust to line up with the header flange. This particular car has not led a charmed life and had been in a fender bender or 2 before it was resurrected to money pit status. Note: All sheet metal lines up and the door fit nice so any body tweaks are not readily apparent.

To solve the fitment issue the engine mounts were unbolted from the k frame and the engine assembly refitted to the k frame. That helped. Then I discovered the aftermarket trans mount measured 3/16's taller than than the stock mount. That helped. Careful measuring determined the right side [passenger] needed to be picked up about 1/8". A 1/8 shim placed under the right side mount solved the rest of the problem and the system now fits well.

Re: TTI Header/Torsion Bar conflict [Re: ThermoQuad] #421596
07/31/09 10:09 AM
07/31/09 10:09 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

TTI makes a good exhaust system and headers. As in any product there is room for improvement. In their defense however they are not snake charmers like that company that sell perfect fit tremecs that don't fit without a BFH. Currently I am wrestling with a 1970 Charger R/T [440] with TTI headers/exhaust system [2.5 inch].

I had to cut the head studs and clearance the bottom of flanges to eliminate the interference with the nut to make the headers fit to the engine properly. I did not see this warning anywhere in the destructions nor did I read about it anywhere on the WWW. [Ignorance or lack of info is not an excuse for not paying attention to the details.] Once the drivetrain was in the car [we did the body drop method] I could not get the left side exhaust to line up with the header flange. This particular car has not led a charmed life and had been in a fender bender or 2 before it was resurrected to money pit status. Note: All sheet metal lines up and the door fit nice so any body tweaks are not readily apparent.

To solve the fitment issue the engine mounts were unbolted from the k frame and the engine assembly refitted to the k frame. That helped. Then I discovered the aftermarket trans mount measured 3/16's taller than than the stock mount. That helped. Careful measuring determined the right side [passenger] needed to be picked up about 1/8". A 1/8 shim placed under the right side mount solved the rest of the problem and the system now fits well.

wow my sumit headers and 3" system pretty much went in w/o a flaw. and only cost $330 complete w/ mufflers. (70 440-6 Charger)

Coming soon!!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2