Quote:

TTI makes a good exhaust system and headers. As in any product there is room for improvement. In their defense however they are not snake charmers like that company that sell perfect fit tremecs that don't fit without a BFH. Currently I am wrestling with a 1970 Charger R/T [440] with TTI headers/exhaust system [2.5 inch].

I had to cut the head studs and clearance the bottom of flanges to eliminate the interference with the nut to make the headers fit to the engine properly. I did not see this warning anywhere in the destructions nor did I read about it anywhere on the WWW. [Ignorance or lack of info is not an excuse for not paying attention to the details.] Once the drivetrain was in the car [we did the body drop method] I could not get the left side exhaust to line up with the header flange. This particular car has not led a charmed life and had been in a fender bender or 2 before it was resurrected to money pit status. Note: All sheet metal lines up and the door fit nice so any body tweaks are not readily apparent.

To solve the fitment issue the engine mounts were unbolted from the k frame and the engine assembly refitted to the k frame. That helped. Then I discovered the aftermarket trans mount measured 3/16's taller than than the stock mount. That helped. Careful measuring determined the right side [passenger] needed to be picked up about 1/8". A 1/8 shim placed under the right side mount solved the rest of the problem and the system now fits well.

wow my sumit headers and 3" system pretty much went in w/o a flaw. and only cost $330 complete w/ mufflers. (70 440-6 Charger)

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!