07/15/09 12:31 AM
wisconsin
C
chuckpolzin Offline OP
chuckpolzin  Offline OP
C

wisconsin
hey guys,

I have a 67 belvedere that was pretty much gutted of all acc. for moonshining before i bought it, i.e no heater or air components, no windshield washer fluids, batt in trunk etc etc etc.

I have a nascar style steering wheel on the car as well , aftermarket tach. and gauges , I have no horn on the car and wanted to add one to it. i actually got a road runner beep beep horn from a junk swap meet and wanted to test it out.

What sort of advice do you have for trying to connect this thing. If i say buy some horn button kit i could put under the dash. I have limited knowledge of wiring but i do have wiring schematics for the car. Could any of you describe where the wires should be going in the circuit if i cant find the proper ones in the schematic behind the dash. I have no idea what was chopped off back there.

If you could describe where to run the wires and the need for a relay etc if i install some kind of third party horn button, what could i do?

thanks for any direction
I appreciate it as a newbie

chuck .

Re: adding a horn to a 67 b body [Re: chuckpolzin] #375838
07/15/09 12:47 AM
07/15/09 12:47 AM
Spring Valley ,Ca.
moparsquid Offline
super stock
moparsquid  Offline
super stock

Spring Valley ,Ca.
the wires should be near the alternater(should be 2 double femail ends. if you dont have the ends to the stock unit then try running a wire from the radio or sigerete lighter toa button and to the horns. if you have a diagram id shouldnt be to hard to trace it back.good luck