07/13/09 09:31 PM
07/13/09 09:31 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Just a note to thank the fellow MoParts members that helped make this year's Beaver Springs Nostalgia Nationals such an enjoyable, memorable experience.

What an event!!! No rear engined diggers with enough electronics to run an F-16 fighter....no lowrider chassied Cavaliers or Grand Ams.....32 Highboy Street Roadsters, straight axle equipped Willys, Henry J's, even Studebakers, with old style blowers, not chassied replicas, but full framed gennies. Nitro Classic funnies, and on, and on, and on.

And spectators, spectators, spectators. I talked to a guy who drove up from Georgia, all night to get there. Folks from Canada, Arizona, and all over the eastern Seaboard.

SuperStock Racer, Hemi-itis, Action Ange, Pro Shift Charger, WV Charger and so many great guys it is hard to remember them all. Listening to BG up in the tower over the PA spewing old time b.s. stories. Watching Brother Bob and Kenny Montgomery put on a wheelie show. Listening to Big John Lunberg announce the race, just like in the sixties. Linda Vaughn, Bud Faubel, just so much to watch and remember, can't wait to do it again.

The amount of cars was massive, and of course there was the grumbling now and again because of wait time. Just like National events in the old days. But, there was a lot to see, and always something going on. I was fortunate to go several rounds in NSS, and got home late last night. I am exhausted, but, it was worth it.

Thanks, guys, thanks again!

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374422
07/13/09 09:35 PM
07/13/09 09:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STEVE, it was a pleasure to finally meet you.
you are one great guy, i had a great time as well,
for a minute i thought you were BG's brother.
hope to race with you again.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals #374423
07/13/09 09:39 PM
07/13/09 09:39 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Aww, Chris, anyone can tell I'm not BG's brother. I am so much better looking.

It was great to race with you as well, and I enjoyed meeting you. I hope the car is OK, I saw you had some problems in the first round.

It was so much fun.....let's do it again next year!!

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374424
07/13/09 09:53 PM
07/13/09 09:53 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Just found this on You Tube, it is not MoPar but you get the flavor. This is a Nostalgia Jr. Stock Comet this past Saturday......in car camera.

Good job!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoqhPB-JjT4

Last edited by Steve1118; 07/13/09 09:56 PM.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374425
07/13/09 09:55 PM
07/13/09 09:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

It was great to race with you as well, and I enjoyed meeting you. I hope the car is OK, I saw you had some problems in the first round.

steve, 2nd round, right lane, the track went away, the car hooked real hard, slipped and then grabbed real hard aagain, bent the dana 60's tubes and ring and pinion is toast.
new strange S60 is on order today.
everyone was having problems in that lane. i think BG landed in the grass it was so bad, i thought he was on ice and Hemitis was scrathin for traction also.
thats racing but all in all it was one of the best times in a long time.
if i didnt break, i was on that day, had my game face on and i think i could have gone further. oh well.
all the moparts members i met were terrific.
if the track stayed like 1st time trials, it would have been a awesome day. great bite.
wish someone got a picture of my arm drop pass?

Steve and yes, you are one handsome guy, thats why i thought you were BG's brother at 1st glance.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals #374426
07/13/09 11:01 PM
07/13/09 11:01 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Quote:

Quote:

steve, 2nd round, right lane, the track went away, the car hooked real hard, slipped and then grabbed real hard aagain, bent the dana 60's tubes and ring and pinion is toast.
new strange S60 is on order today.
everyone was having problems in that lane. i think BG landed in the grass it was so bad, i thought he was on ice and Hemitis was scrathin for traction also.
thats racing but all in all it was one of the best times in a long time.
if i didnt break, i was on that day, had my game face on and i think i could have gone further. oh well.
all the moparts members i met were terrific.
if the track stayed like 1st time trials, it would have been a awesome day. great bite.
wish someone got a picture of my arm drop pass?

Steve and yes, you are one handsome guy, thats why i thought you were BG's brother at 1st glance.

Chris,
Thats our home track. I spend a lot of time there especially this weekend I paid real close attention to the starting line. The right lane is faster then the left normally. We ran both sides all weekend. All weekend they were close. All of a sudden for whatever reason the first round of eliminations the right side of track goes completely away.
Which is unlikely because neither side had many problems all year for the most part and all weekend until then. When BG runs I can stand behind the burnout board and see his hood come up over the board. We were behind BG when he ran and his car did something I didnt expect it actually fished tailed. Hemi-Itis had a violent 60 foot ride due to which appeared to be the same problem and then you 1st or 2nd round did the same thing and broke. We got put in that lane due to loss of a coin toss 3rd round of eliminations
and won with a good run as well. So by then what ever the track problem was got fixed. In the finals we put that 422 guy in that lane as well and it surely didnt bother him that high reving 4 speed...he beat us in the finals.
So yeah I can say for 1 or 2 rounds something wasnt right in that lane.

Nice car btw sorry I didnt get a chance to meet you.

Doug

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: proshiftcharger] #374427
07/13/09 11:09 PM
07/13/09 11:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

left lane was fine for me and then right lane was ok for 1st 2 runs then ouch.
for me all day the lanes seemed ok, not great but good, with no complaints then after bg went down and after that, it was all over but the memories.
there were alot of cars and the heat i think made the track slick, if the track was sprayed after time trials, it would have been better for the high hp cars.
all in all, i had a blast.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals #374428
07/13/09 11:37 PM
07/13/09 11:37 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

left lane was fine for me and then right lane was ok for 1st 2 runs then ouch.
for me all day the lanes seemed ok, not great but good, with no complaints then after bg went down and after that, it was all over but the memories.
there were alot of cars and the heat i think made the track slick, if the track was sprayed after time trials, it would have been better for the high hp cars.
all in all, i had a blast.

We all had a blast.I tried staying out of the tower lane after Chaz's monster wheelstand hooked to the right and put him the other lane.All our cars were hooking to the right hard.Sunday had two great passes looking at the sky and arrow straight down the track.First round of eliminations,I was looking straight down the track through my side door window I back peddeled got somewhat straight and throttled it and the same,backed peddeled again got back in the groove ran it out at 139 mph for the loss.It was like ice skating,Ron McCelland,Chris and others fell to the same.A great note,Curt Jr ran his first 10 second passes.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: B G Racing] #374429
07/14/09 08:58 AM
07/14/09 08:58 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Beaver Bob has posted some pics, a few, as of this morning, one of the finals and some others.

He is generally pretty quick, and posts a whole bunch of them, so keep checking his sight.

Doug, great job, you guys on the runnerup shot!! Good job!!

www.beaversprings.com

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374430
07/14/09 02:50 PM
07/14/09 02:50 PM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
I had a 1.33 60' first round in the right lane. The car did a nice wheelstand as it usually does on a good run. The second round I blew the tires completely off in the right lane, no wheelstand, 1.79 60'.... I wish they would have kept up with the track a little better. It still was a good day all in all.

5352150-index.644.jpeg (36 downloads)

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Troublemaker427] #374431
07/14/09 03:05 PM
07/14/09 03:05 PM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
If the sun is shining brightly next year I'm gonna bring a set of studded slicks for use in the right lane...
Other than blowing the tires off in the second round and losing I had the time of my life.
The ride through the hills and small towns on the way back to I-80 for the ride home was an experience.
Drjay0 freaked out when he actually saw an Amish family out for an early evening spin in their wagon!

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: actionange] #374432
07/14/09 03:28 PM
07/14/09 03:28 PM
PA
moparacer Offline
master
moparacer  Offline
master

PA
My glide/turd leaving 10.00 car hooked up great in both lanes all day.

From the first pass to the final my 60s ranged from a 1.496 to a 1.489...

I couldn't believe how bad the track is getting with all the bumps humps and dips in it.

I could never run my hard tail dragster up there anymore!

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: proshiftcharger] #374433
07/14/09 03:52 PM
07/14/09 03:52 PM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Doug,

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. Congrats on an oh-so-close end to an awesome day. That wagon was real hard to see at the stripe in the dark. He was dialed 9.10, and I was 11.20. I was in the left lane, and I didn't realize before running that he had no headlights. I thought my reaction time was worse than it was, and I ran it out the back. Double breakout...you know who won.

It was a great day, and I can't wait for the "Flashback Friday" race coming up. There is a 422 Event at Beaver the following day.

It's a shame they didn't run the .500 tree like they originally planned. It would have made for better/closer racing. It definately gave the guys that race in the 422 series an advantage (me included). I don't like the tables to be slanted ever, but it's tough to fight city hall.

It was great to meet some of the site members. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Tom

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: actionange] #374434
07/14/09 05:56 PM
07/14/09 05:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

If the sun is shining brightly next year I'm gonna bring a set of studded slicks for use in the right lane...
Other than blowing the tires off in the second round and losing I had the time of my life.
The ride through the hills and small towns on the way back to I-80 for the ride home was an experience.
Drjay0 freaked out when he actually saw an Amish family out for an early evening spin in their wagon!

that amish family almost landed under my trailer tires.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374435
07/14/09 10:01 PM
07/14/09 10:01 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Quote:

Beaver Bob has posted some pics, a few, as of this morning, one of the finals and some others.

He is generally pretty quick, and posts a whole bunch of them, so keep checking his sight.

Doug, great job, you guys on the runnerup shot!! Good job!!

www.beaversprings.com

Steve thanks, I love the pic, unfortunately we have 4 people missing from the photo because they had to go home early.
Just 4-5 years ago I almost had the Savoy sold for Bob. He wanted nothing to do with the car. We joke around now because at the time I was actually driving it more than he was. It came down to a difference of 5000.00 and we didnt budge on the price. A guy by the name of Dave Collettes from Maryland was the one interested & making the offers. A few years later, here we are with back to back semi final round appearances at Chrysler Classic and a final round appearance at BSD York Nationals. Yeah we tell everyone that story how glad he is now that he didnt sell the car!!!
A follow up to Dave Collettes...
I met him at the mopar nationals and we kept in touch the past 4 years. Then 3 years ago Im coming out of the Texas Steak House in Columbus and Dave and I run into eachother at the door.
The first thing he ask is do you wanna sell the car? I said no were having fun racing it now, sorry. So..were getting ready for the 1/4 finals Sunday at BSD and who comes into our pits but Dave himself. He said Hey Doug remember me!!! He cracked me up he's so determined so I thought. He said come over here I wanna show you something. He takes me and Bob into his trailer and WOW!! A red 64 HEMI Savoy. He said since you guys wouldnt sell me the car I went out and built my own!!

To top it all off he was racing in NSS Sunday and I had no idea he was even there. He was parked real close to us. I must have walked by his car a dozen times at least! I get a phone call today from guess who Dave again congrats to you guys I saw the results on BSD website. He said I'll be back for Flashback Friday and I'll get that kid in the 4 speed Ford for you.
Doug
Heres a pic of Dave Collettes new ride....

5353084-collettes.jpg (72 downloads)
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Tommy D] #374436
07/14/09 10:33 PM
07/14/09 10:33 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Quote:

Doug,

It was nice to meet you on Sunday. Congrats on an oh-so-close end to an awesome day. That wagon was real hard to see at the stripe in the dark. He was dialed 9.10, and I was 11.20. I was in the left lane, and I didn't realize before running that he had no headlights. I thought my reaction time was worse than it was, and I ran it out the back. Double breakout...you know who won.

It was a great day, and I can't wait for the "Flashback Friday" race coming up. There is a 422 Event at Beaver the following day.

It's a shame they didn't run the .500 tree like they originally planned. It would have made for better/closer racing. It definately gave the guys that race in the 422 series an advantage (me included). I don't like the tables to be slanted ever, but it's tough to fight city hall.

It was great to meet some of the site members. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Tom

Tommy, Looking back considering the company I think we were just happy getting to the finals. The cards were laid and the deal was dealt things were just going right and to run 3000 under in the finals We knew with the change in weather it was going to run in the high 50's so I even added more fuel in the car than normal and Bob gave a quick jab through the traps on the breaks but it wasnt enough. The class rules is what you dial first round is your dial for the rest of the day no changes, no exceptions. I like the rule, it really makes a driver out of you. That 4 speed ford was tough. He can just flat out drive! He had more in his car than a 9.10 I presume. He probably knew we had more in the HEMI as well. We thought he ran out too but that wasnt the case we actually beat him but ran out.

As far as 422 running a 400 tree vs a 500 tree
I definately was told by Beaver Bob Thursday night it was a 500 tree. but one thing I think you will appreciate as well as any others in the NSS class that weekend...First round of eliminations there was a ford in the staging lanes with a dial ending in 8
I noticed it didnt say anything, then my oldest son noticed it and I decided at that time they werent going to change it. Everyone in the lanes ended in "0" I went to the BSD track personnel and told him he just shrugged his shoulders and didnt know anything about it. So I then went to
the first 422 guy I saw and pointed it out to him. He immediately went to the driver and had them correct it right away. It could have very well of been his first event and just simply didnt know the rules. One things for sure if youre gonna have rules they gotta be for everybody. This way everyones on an even playing field.

up to a great weekend!!!

Doug

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals #374437
07/14/09 10:59 PM
07/14/09 10:59 PM
Pennsylvania
proshiftcharger Offline
pro stock
proshiftcharger  Offline
pro stock

Pennsylvania
Quote:

Quote:

that amish family almost landed under my trailer tires.

I hear thee.

I'll never forget I was about 9-10 and my brother was towing his 70 RT 6 pack Challenger to BSD and an Amish buggy came around the corner and he had to move in the other lane to miss the buggy. Those of you that have towed cars knows what happens when you have to make a move that quick. The whole car was swaying back and forth on the trailer trying to pull the our old Dodge truck along with it.
Everytime I see an Amish buggy it reminds me of that day, and I dont trust the horses so I give them room.

Doug

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: proshiftcharger] #374438
07/16/09 09:18 PM
07/16/09 09:18 PM
Ontario, Canada
H
Hyper Henry Offline
enthusiast
Hyper Henry  Offline
enthusiast
H

Ontario, Canada
All I can say is WOW, what an awsome event My buddy with the primered hemi powered Gone Berzerk Willys has been trying to talk me into going for a couple years now and I am glad I gave in this year to the 8 hour drive Had a bit of a scare when I got all squirelly in the left lane just past the 1/8 mile during first round of eliminations but when I went on to win the gasser shootout I seemed to forget all about that
I mostly went to watch all the NSS cars duke it out and I was not disapponted, what a show they put on Was great to see Allen and his pops again and also meet Hemi-ites, Bob George, Doug and I am sure others that are escaping me right now.
I sure hope to make it again next year, hell I might even go again in October for the Jalopy drags if it's in the budget

Derrick

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Hyper Henry] #374439
07/16/09 09:41 PM
07/16/09 09:41 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline OP
master
Steve1118  Offline OP
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
We were glad to have you, and your entertaining J. That sure is a fun car to watch.

See you again soon.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Hyper Henry] #374440
07/16/09 10:10 PM
07/16/09 10:10 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Derrick,it was great to meet you and HYPERHEMI!! Man,that thing is quite a handfull ,took the long way on that pass Glad you made the trip and took home the $$$$$$$$Congratz

5357494-IMG_2314.JPG (53 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: hemi-itis] #374441
07/17/09 05:31 AM
07/17/09 05:31 AM
Pa
W
Wv68charger Offline
top fuel
Wv68charger  Offline
top fuel
W

Pa
Derrick Congrats on an AWESOME win Even after that "Broken axle" was nice to see you again and way to drive I never knew those things could be such a handful

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Hyper Henry] #374442
07/17/09 06:57 AM
07/17/09 06:57 AM
PA
70HemiGTX Offline
top fuel
70HemiGTX  Offline
top fuel

PA
Quote:

All I can say is WOW, what an awsome event My buddy with the primered hemi powered Gone Berzerk Willys has been trying to talk me into going for a couple years now and I am glad I gave in this year to the 8 hour drive Had a bit of a scare when I got all squirelly in the left lane just past the 1/8 mile during first round of eliminations but when I went on to win the gasser shootout I seemed to forget all about that
I mostly went to watch all the NSS cars duke it out and I was not disapponted, what a show they put on Was great to see Allen and his pops again and also meet Hemi-ites, Bob George, Doug and I am sure others that are escaping me right now.
I sure hope to make it again next year, hell I might even go again in October for the Jalopy drags if it's in the budget

Derrick

Your car is neat. So is the old Willys (one day I WILL have one with a Hemi in it). I was hanging around with the two brothers that had the 55 Chevy you ran in the 2nd round Sunday.

I like the style and approach of racing the gassers take. Very laid back in the pits. Talking and having fun with each other. Don't really care if you win or lose, just go out and race. If you win it's a plus. I didn't see any cut-throat crap like happens alot of times at other races. Just go out and run it all out.

I didn't know you were a member here. Like I said I was just hanging around with those guys. I didn't even know they were going to be there until I ran into them. That whole thing is a real hoot!

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: hemi-itis] #374443
07/17/09 07:18 AM
07/17/09 07:18 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york

5358076-IMG_2321.JPG (59 downloads)

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: hemi-itis] #374444
07/17/09 09:43 AM
07/17/09 09:43 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Definately a great weekend hanging with a great group of Moparts members and many other old racer friends,sad that there was a few Moparts lurkers in the shadows that didn't step up and interduce theirselves.Maybe next time The Bear don't bite

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: B G Racing] #374445
07/17/09 10:13 AM
07/17/09 10:13 AM
PA
70HemiGTX Offline
top fuel
70HemiGTX  Offline
top fuel

PA
Yes I didn't open my mouth. I was a little overwhelmed by all the cars and action. Plus I usually figure people are there doing their thing and don't want someone walking up to them saying "Hey I see your posts on Moparts.com" when they have some time constraints.

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: 70HemiGTX] #374446
07/17/09 10:29 AM
07/17/09 10:29 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Yes I didn't open my mouth. I was a little overwhelmed by all the cars and action. Plus I usually figure people are there doing their thing and don't want someone walking up to them saying "Hey I see your posts on Moparts.com" when they have some time constraints.

It certainly was an exciting and hectic weekend.Great racing action But still nice to put a face to members during down time.It is both respectful and courtious not to bug someone when they are busy

Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: B G Racing] #374447
07/17/09 08:09 PM
07/17/09 08:09 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
WOW

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: BSD Nostalgia Nationals [Re: Steve1118] #374448
07/18/09 07:28 AM
07/18/09 07:28 AM
Swamps of South Jersey.
W
wildcargo Offline
master
wildcargo  Offline
master
W

Swamps of South Jersey.
Well the wife and I had a grat time. Met some new people and saw some I raced with. What a grate show you guys put on, THANKS . But where was Fred ? I looked and looked I know he said he was going to be there .

Bud www.wildcar-go.itgo.com
64 DODGE
60' 1.433,
1/8 6.38 at 107.4,
1/4 10.08 at 132.02
foot brake, leaf springs
Page 1 of 2 1 2