07/01/09 10:17 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Quote:

Small amount of justice. Ordered an ex rocker...$40 min...$27 rocker,send me some intake gaskets for the diff....rec'd 2 rockers and 6 intake gaskets...with adjusters!

Only if he was billed for ONE rocker and ONE set of gaskets. With Indy he might have been billed for the entire lot better check that receipt

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: Lil Demon] #363178
07/01/09 10:26 AM
07/01/09 10:26 AM
Flint, Michigan
B1Fish540 Offline
master
B1Fish540  Offline
master

Flint, Michigan
Quote:

Guys - the title of my thread says it - I'm not out to bash Indy - I just don't get the business practice as it is SO unfriendly towards customers.

Bob - For whatever reason - I completely forgot that you are an Indy dealer - all apologies - I will remember that in the future.

Indy, for whatever other faults they may have, offer us some great products that work very well. I am not naive in business so I understand that sometimes you get bad with good, but in this case - it just seems like a very easily remedied "bad".

Maybe a better title fpr this thread would have been "Not Bashing Indy Products" When I was about to buy a crate engine about 10 years ago I thoght their motors looked so cool with the "Indy" logo and everything. That word "Indy" has a magic to it and it does'nt come from Russ & Co.! LOL

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: Lil Demon] #363179
07/01/09 11:25 AM
07/01/09 11:25 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Guys - the title of my thread says it - I'm not out to bash Indy - I just don't get the business practice as it is SO unfriendly towards customers.

Bob - For whatever reason - I completely forgot that you are an Indy dealer - all apologies - I will remember that in the future.

Indy, for whatever other faults they may have, offer us some great products that work very well. I am not naive in business so I understand that sometimes you get bad with good, but in this case - it just seems like a very easily remedied "bad".

Al,if you still need the line and fittings just PM me.I have them in rubber and SS #3 and have some used also,same price I quoted you FREE

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: B G Racing] #363180
07/01/09 12:12 PM
07/01/09 12:12 PM
Portage,michigan
B
B3422W5 Offline
I Live Here
B3422W5  Offline
I Live Here
B

Portage,michigan
I had one dealing with Indy, a few years back, and it was kinda funny.

We were down there for the big early spring show/swap meet at the fairgrounds.
Indy had just built and tested a 416 Indy headed small block that was in Mopar Muscle or Mopar action called "small block stomper". That flat tappet motor supposedly made 670 horsepower on the dyno
Anyhow the motor was there for sale, and i had at that time just gotten my 416 eddie motor built and needed a carb for it. They had a removable sleeve 1025 race demon sitting on that motor i ended up buying from them, took it right off the engine.

Ken asks me" What are you putting that carb on", i told him my 416 eddie headed motor.
He laughed, then said" Do yourself a favor and stay away from a dragstrip with that motor"...three or four buddies of mine were standing there(several of whom post on here, and couldnt believe he said that) .....And about 2 minutes later tried to sell me a set of their offset indybrocks(that MIGHT fully done have made 20 more horsepower than the eddies i had)
I have never in my life ever met a pair(Russ/Ken)of more obnoxious, self centered, stuck on themselves people than those two.

I feel for their dealers who i am sure are well aware of the truths above, and have to make the financial decision to sleep with them only because their products pay the bills.

They wont ever get a nickle of my money, thats for sure, i would go way slower if need be to insure that, were it ever to be a decision i had to make.
I frankly have had better customer service from Dish network at 1 in the morning from people in India i can barely understand explaining to me why a pay per view movie i purchased still isnt showing up on my TV set.

Last edited by B3422W5; 07/01/09 12:19 PM.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: B3422W5] #363181
07/01/09 12:52 PM
07/01/09 12:52 PM
SO. CAL.
70blackfish Offline
master
70blackfish  Offline
master

SO. CAL.
looks like someone doesnt like them, there site has a warning on it, saying it might harm your computer!
does it work for you? or is it just my MAC?

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: 70blackfish] #363182
07/01/09 03:42 PM
07/01/09 03:42 PM
Lowes
steve660 Offline
enthusiast
steve660  Offline
enthusiast

Lowes
I wanted to buy a Megablock in 07. Wouldn't sell it to me unless I bought as a short block.
Also needed a cam. When I asked about the specs. they wouldn't say. Also told me you cant build a 500 inch motor with a 35 year old block, you'll drop the crank. I know theres issues with mains but it can be done if your careful.

PSO headed 632 from MM. Cracked cylinder, loose valve seats, low oil pressure, low cylinder pressure.
..... Now its a door stop....
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: steve660] #363183
07/01/09 03:48 PM
07/01/09 03:48 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Indys Service Sucks....

Mopar Performance
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: moparniac] #363184
07/01/09 05:23 PM
07/01/09 05:23 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I called Indy a couple of years ago for a tunnel ram linkage and the guy that answered the phone was very pleasant. I quickly hung up the phone thinking I dialed the wrong number.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: pittsburghracer] #363185
07/01/09 06:38 PM
07/01/09 06:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

im still sticking as the all time funniest,unprofessional experience with indy is when i called Ken Lazzeri on a monday morning and ordered a 572 megablock shortblock and on thursday afternoon, it arrived in my driveway,when i checked the bore it was a 557 ci shortblock.
i immediately called indy and Ken Lazzeri got on the phone and told him, you sent me the wrong shortblock.
he responded with "its close enough,it'll work, it will be fine, and hung up on me. What the heck was that all about!!

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... #363186
07/01/09 06:40 PM
07/01/09 06:40 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Quote:

im still sticking as the all time funniest,unprofessional experience with indy is when i called Ken Lazzeri on a monday morning and ordered a 572 megablock shortblock and on thursday afternoon, it arrived in my driveway,when i checked the bore it was a 557 ci shortblock.
i immediately called indy and Ken Lazzeri got on the phone and told him, you sent me the wrong shortblock.
he responded with "its close enough,it'll work, it will be fine, and hung up on me. What the heck was that all about!!

your kidding right!

Mopar Performance
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: moparniac] #363187
07/01/09 06:51 PM
07/01/09 06:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

your kidding right!

no im not kidding, this is a indy classic.
he also said i couldnt go fast with his indy 440-25 crossram with 2 carter 750's.
he told me at carlisle last july, ill never get the car in the low 9's with those carter carbs.ken said it was impossible, hes been working with that intake for awhile now and lot of R & D and only way to get low 9's out of it is with 2 holleys.
guess what ken, read my signature!!!!!!

Post deleted by Defbob #363188
07/01/09 07:51 PM
07/01/09 07:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... #363189
07/03/09 02:58 PM
07/03/09 02:58 PM
Sebring, Florida
M
Mopar Grandpa Offline
top fuel
Mopar Grandpa  Offline
top fuel
M

Sebring, Florida
There are not too many of you out there that have any nice things to say about ICH so I'll be one of them. I am in the construction business and I deal with material suppliers that don't deliver EXACTLY what I ordered, I deal with subcontractors that don't show up on time and don't get their work done on schedule so I know the frustrations. However, I don't "chuck" them just because one of their employees didn't live up to my expectations. We all screw up from time to time and I'm sure, from reading some of the posts, that ICH has done the same.

Having said this you all need to see a side of Russ that you probably wouldn't expect. For the last 3 years Russ has had his "christmas tree" at the March swap meet in Indy to help raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the charity of the Indy Mopar Club)and this past meet he donated ALL of the proceeds ($1,000) to the foundation. I was there and saw him hand the money to our club president so this is a fact, not a rumor. He has done the same in past years but I don't remember the dollar amounts.

I have beeen treated with the utmost respect from Russ, Kenny, Jim and Sam and I have treated them the same. I've purchased parts from them, had Kenny built me a 432 Legend Hemi, watched him dyno it, etc., etc. and never had a problem so why not cut them all a little slack as they are just humans like you and me. Jesus was the only perfect human that ever lived and they nailed him to a cross! Let's put the hammers and nails away.

Last edited by Mopar Grandpa; 07/03/09 03:19 PM.
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: Mopar Grandpa] #363190
07/03/09 03:03 PM
07/03/09 03:03 PM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline OP
master
Lil Demon  Offline OP
master
L

Riverside, California
Quote:

There are not too many of you out there that have any nice things to say about ICH so I'll be one of them. I am in the construction business and I deal with material suppliers that don't deliver EXACTLY what I ordered, I deal with subcontractors that don't show up on time and don't get their work done on schedule so I know the frustrations. However, I don't "chuck" them just because one of their employees didn't live up to my expectations. We all screw up from time to time and I'm sure, from reading some of the posts, the ICH has done the same.

Having said this you all need to see a side of Russ that you probably wouldn't expect. For the last 3 years Russ has had his "christmas tree" at the March swap meet in Indy to help raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (the charity of the Indy Mopar Club)and this past meet he donated ALL of the proceeds ($1,000) to the foundation. I was there and saw him hand the money to our club president so this is a fact, not a rumor. He has done the same in past years but I don't remember the dollar amounts.

I have beeen treated with the utmost respect from Russ, Kenny, Jim and Sam and I have treated them the same. I've purchased parts from them, had Kenny built me a 432 Legend Hemi, watched him dyno it, etc., etc. and never had a problem so why not cut them all a little slack as they are just humans like you and me. Jesus was the only perfect human that ever lived and they nailed him to a cross! Let's put the hammers and nails away.

I did not trash them as individuals - but the $40 minimum order when they offer $15 parts for sale is complete and total BS of a business practice from a customer experience perspective.

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: Lil Demon] #363191
07/03/09 03:11 PM
07/03/09 03:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... #363192
07/03/09 03:16 PM
07/03/09 03:16 PM
State of Corruption
camdog440 Offline
pro stock
camdog440  Offline
pro stock

State of Corruption
Quote:

Many large company's will not even sell direct to anyone but jobber's.

They might have a great reputation if they did not sell directly to the public.

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: Lil Demon] #363193
07/03/09 03:28 PM
07/03/09 03:28 PM
Sebring, Florida
M
Mopar Grandpa Offline
top fuel
Mopar Grandpa  Offline
top fuel
M

Sebring, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

There are not too many of you out there that have any nice things to say about ICH so I'll be one of them. I am in the construction business and I deal with material suppliers that don't deliver EXACTLY what I ordered, I deal with subcontractors that don't show up on time and don't get their work done on schedule so I know the frustrations. However, I don't "chuck" them just because one of their employees didn't live up to my expectations. We all screw up from time to time and I'm sure, from reading some of the posts, the ICH has done the same.

I did not trash them as individuals - but the $40 minimum order when they offer $15 parts for sale is complete and total BS of a business practice from a customer experience perspective.

I understand but there are a lot of businesses that have minimum orders but it would be nice if they would ship a smaller order. I guess I am fortunate to live within a driving distance. I guess I'm kinda in the same boat with them in my construction business; I have a minimum trip charge of $125 as I can't send someone out to install a door knob for $10.00. It's just a cost of doing business but again I totally understand your point. They aren't always the cheapest either and I do my shopping around to get the best price for the same part.

Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: 440Jim] #363194
07/03/09 03:33 PM
07/03/09 03:33 PM
MN
hemidup Offline
super stock
hemidup  Offline
super stock

MN
Quote:

As has been said, don't call Indy, call a dealer. You will get better service. IMO, Indy should not sell direct, they are hurting their sales by pissing off customers. Many companies don't sell retail direct, they use stocking dealers, etc. If a dealer gets your order for $20, they can add it to their larger order from Indy for stocking items (gaskets, rockers, etc).

Agreed . A manufacture shouldn't sell retail direct. Let the stocking dealers/retailer's make the $$$.

Jerry Williams.
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... #363195
07/03/09 03:42 PM
07/03/09 03:42 PM
MN
hemidup Offline
super stock
hemidup  Offline
super stock

MN
Quote:

I heard the "its close enough, it'll work" right out of Russ's mouth with the Indy Gen III 426 Hemi at the 06 Monster Mopar Weekend. 4.05 bore, 4.05 stroke = 418 cu in. These new small block Hemi's can't take the bore required to make them a true 426. Russ told me that he could get the cubes to a 420-422, but its close enough to call it a 426?

Jerry Williams.
Re: Not Bashing Indy, But.... [Re: hemidup] #363196
07/03/09 04:13 PM
07/03/09 04:13 PM
Wellington, FL
C
cudabunch Offline
pro stock
cudabunch  Offline
pro stock
C

Wellington, FL
Quote:

Quote:

As has been said, don't call Indy, call a dealer. You will get better service. IMO, Indy should not sell direct, they are hurting their sales by pissing off customers. Many companies don't sell retail direct, they use stocking dealers, etc. If a dealer gets your order for $20, they can add it to their larger order from Indy for stocking items (gaskets, rockers, etc).

Agreed . A manufacture shouldn't sell retail direct. Let the stocking dealers/retailer's make the $$$.

Agree,but since they have the $40.00 charge on the site I dont see a problem there.People want to cut out the dealers and so buy direct.If Indy didnt sell direct know one would of ever known they were not very nice on the phone.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4