06/22/09 09:32 AM
06/22/09 09:32 AM
DES MOINES IOWA
P
PARTSMAN440 Offline OP
PARTSMAN440  Offline OP
P

DES MOINES IOWA
Almost wrecked my car saturday because the toe on my car was 3/4 inch out. Had a tech at the dealership where I work set it up after I converted my 65 valaint to a rack & pinion. We adjusted it to 1/8 in at the track and it seemed to be ok accept at the big end where it would waunder a little bit. Where do you guys set you toe. Any help would be great.

Re: TOE ADJUSTMENT [Re: PARTSMAN440] #354446
06/22/09 09:40 AM
06/22/09 09:40 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Almost wrecked my car saturday because the toe on my car was 3/4 inch out. Had a tech at the dealership where I work set it up after I converted my 65 valaint to a rack & pinion. We adjusted it to 1/8 in at the track and it seemed to be ok accept at the big end where it would waunder a little bit. Where do you guys set you toe. Any help would be great.

It will make a difference on your toe pattern(as
you raise the front of the car what the toe in changes
to).
On my car I set the toe to about 1/32 to 1/16 toe in.
As you seen toe out can get you hurt, the car wants to
dart back and forth... more so on a ruff track/road

Re: TOE ADJUSTMENT [Re: PARTSMAN440] #354447
06/22/09 04:30 PM
06/22/09 04:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check you toe settings through the full range of motion. When your accelerating the front rises depending on the loction of the rack ( up or down) compared to the rod ends will either move the steering arms in or out changing the toe. The other thing is when you lay of the throttle and or hit the brakes the nose dives so check it with the nose down slightly from normal ride height. If you have rod ends on the end of the rack with spacers you can adjust the toe at differant positions to get toe right. The other thing is 90/ 10 shocks will help with the nose dive dont run stock shocks especialy worn out ones. Next ? did you just turn the ball joints and steering arms around. That will put the spindal off center of the king pin angle. and will screw up your Ackerman angle also making the outside wheel turn at a sharper angle than the inside causing scuffing when turning. I hate to advertise here but I make tubular K frames and bolt on steering arms to correct these issues www.gofastmopars.net. Go look if I can help further please call or e mail me. Sorry if any of you are offended by me throughing in my web site. Just trying to help