This is probably the first time I've experienced a complete, total and universal screw up on the part of every manufacturer out there. Every source I've seen that carries a new non-A/C heater blower motor for my '68 Charger makes them wrong. The vent tube hole is off 90-degrees which makes it impossible to mount the motor and utilize the vent tube as intended. I finally had my noisy original motor "rebuilt" but it still makes noise and I don't trust it. Also, they used the old wires which have gotten somewhat brittle over the past 40 years (go figure).

Also, the vent tube holes are typically smaller than the original and often there is an obstacle just inside the hole (such as a magnet) which prevents the tube from seating properly. Additionally you cannot disassemble the new ones and turn them to match as you can see in the picture. And even if you could it would have to be a 180-degree turn which solves nothing. The only way that might work is if the case was split in half so the hole could be moved independent from the mounting bolts.

So, has anyone seen a place to get a new, correct blower motor for a '68 Charger?

5301782-blowermotors.jpg (76 downloads)

1968 Charger 383/2bbl/4spd (1 of 74) 1994 Dakota Sport 3.9L/AT/2WD 2003 Durango SLT 4.7L/AT/4X4 Yes, all Dodges and nothing else